Awoo.

Batman: Arkham Knight "No one knows what it's like... TO FIX THE BATMAN!"

Badnik Mechanic

So a few weeks ago.. this Dutch games journalist tweets this.

ud2vDeO.jpg

Along with this...

@janmeijroos wanneer mag je erover praten?

Jan Meijroos ‏@janmeijroos 19m
@WildarvB over een klein maandje ...

Translation: I'm not allowed to talk about it for a month.

The following image was taken today from 'A big US videogame chain' as part of their marketing for March.'

1393592001-batman.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/romansionis/blog/

So in a few days time we're likely to get an announcement regarding Rocksteady's next title. And if that above image is legit, it might be a new Batman game... goody?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 4

Good, I've been waiting on a new Rocksteady Batman game. Hoping for the true follow-up/jump forward from Arkham City, Origins really seems like a stop-gap. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Good, I've been waiting on a new Rocksteady Batman game. Hoping for the true follow-up/jump forward from Arkham City, Origins really seems like a stop-gap. 

Edit: Lol thats not what you originally wrote. =p

Edit: Lol thats not what you originally wrote. =p

Yeah I made a big derp and read Rocksteady as Rockstar. My mistake. 

Origins really seems like a stop-gap. 

And that's why I generally tend to hate prequels. 

I had such high hopes for Origins. The previews and sneak peaks said all the right things. It wasn't terrible, it was just not up to snuff. Looking forward to the next Rocksteady outing!

I had such high hopes for Origins. The previews and sneak peaks said all the right things. It wasn't terrible, it was just not up to snuff. Looking forward to the next Rocksteady outing!

I dunno, I preferred Origins for whatever reason, don't get me wrong, City is a wonderfully crafted game and I know I'm in the pretty vast majority, but yeah.
  • Thumbs Up 1

There was a rumor I posted a few weeks ago in the main Batman topic, which said that an announcement/teaser would be coming in March regarding the next Batman installment. Whether it's an Arkham game or a different area entirely, I'm just happy Rocksteady will back at the helm. Not that WB did a terrible job with Arkham Origins, which is a good game.

Hogfather, you've said the 'The God Damn Batman' so many times over the last few years, that I always think of you when I hear those words. God damn it tongue.png

The real reason I was excited about Origins was because knowing that Rocksteady didn't make it meant that they could have focused their efforts on redefining a completely new brand.

Seeing them go back to fucking Batman is disappointing.

• Thumbs Up 4

I hope the next Rocksteady Bats game expands to other DC universe characters. It would be great to have the Justice League.

I really wish Rockstar and Rocksteady's names weren't so similar :P ...every damn time

Back on topic, Yay! Hopefully this'll be a new game and not a ps4 port of Asylum/City or something like that.

Still not played Origins so I can't say if it was a worthy addition to the series but either way, I'd be happy for a new continuing chapter rather than a prequel.

I still hope for that Suicide Squad game that Geoff Jones said was in preparation and was teased twice in the Origins games.

The boss fights better take cues from the Deathstroke fight. Tired of the shitty mook fights.

I won't be able to play it since the internet on my Gaming PC is only getting up to 4KB/s for some fucking reason. Do the Arkham games ever come on Disc for PC?

The boss fights better take cues from the Deathstroke fight. Tired of the shitty mook fights.

I won't be able to play it since the internet on my Gaming PC is only getting up to 4KB/s for some fucking reason. Do the Arkham games ever come on Disc for PC?

Ethernet or Wifi?

Both Integrated Ethernet and a PCI ethernet card I just recently bought. We even just got our router replaced yesterday and I have the same problem.

Maybe it's the cable, but I'd rather not blow money on a whole new 20ft cable to route through the wall on a baseless "maybe".

We know Rocksteady can do a great Batman game, so await excitedly to see how this turns out. 

Though like Carbo said, maybe woulda been nice to see them tackle something new perhaps.

I hope the next Rocksteady Bats game expands to other DC universe characters. It would be great to have the Justice League.

Better yet, let's have Rocksteady make games for other heroes completely. Imagine the potential of a RockSteady Superman game!

Ohhhhhhhhh?

http://www.batmanarkhamknight.com/ The site domain has been registered for a while, however it's suddenly become active and is now restricted.

Meanwhile at Game Informer.

2014-03-0321_49_05-twyqdc9.png

2014-03-0321_52_33-tw6kxjd.png

And now, folks, it's time for "Who do you trust!" Hubba, hubba, hubba! Hype! Hype! Hype! Who do you trust? Game Informer? We'll they're hinting at an exciting magazine.. And where is the announcement?

original.jpg

It's at home! Washing it's tights!

Arkham Knight is a stupid name.

So who's the villain going to be? Joker's ghost?

If it's set in 60's era batman it could be.

And that would be the best game.

• Thumbs Up 1

An Arkham game based off 60's Batman would be the greatest thing ever.

Batman: Arkham Camp

• Thumbs Up 1

If this game is confirmed to take place before Arkham City, then Joker will undoubtedly 100% be the main villain.

I'd like someone else to be the big baddie for once Rocksteady.

• Thumbs Up 2

So who's the villain going to be? Joker's ghost?

250px-Batman_rejected_triumphant.jpg

Now that would be just grand. Bringing Batman Triumphant back from the dead like that; bonus points if the supposed child of Joker's hinted at in Arkham City turns out to be alive, a girl and the New Harley Quinn to boot, akin to the premise of Triumphant!biggrin.png Three-for-three jackpot if they somehow connect her to Madonna as well.

If it's set in 60's era batman it could be.

And that would be the best game.

The name 'Arkham Knight' sounds kind of lame. I still think the 'The Fires of Arkham' or 'The Wars of Arkham' sounds better, assuming it's a sequel to City. Either way I'm in hype overload. I think I need some shock treatment.....

bat2-e1344680633335.png

An Arkham game based off 60's Batman would be the greatest thing ever.

And then there will be a plot twist that will say in reality, the Batman we played was the Batman from the previous games that was put back in time from Darkseid.

Now that would be awesome.