Awoo.

Should PS3 sonic Games be on PlayStation Now?

DLR_Nexus

I believe what Auto's saying is that both Unleashed and Generations are in their nature very fast-paced games which require immediate feedback in terms of gameplay and controls, which considering PSNow's problems may cause a person playing either games on PSNow to experience heavy lag.

I believe what Auto's saying is that both Unleashed and Generations are in their nature very fast-paced games which require immediate feedback in terms of gameplay and controls, which considering PSNow's problems may cause a person playing either games on PSNow to experience heavy lag.

I can't tell but if that may happen although PSNow's Hardware is more of a Modified PS3 hardware consisting of the power of 8 PS3s under one Motherboard. If this ever occurs, then Sonic Team may concider doing an enhanced port of Sonic Generations, Sonic Unleashed and and a few others.

That has nothing to do with the actual problem, because the actual playability of games like these will depend on client-side latency far more than the server side. Good on Sony for making cloud hardware that can technically outperform the original platform, but that will mean literally nothing to the player if it takes too long to stream from the server to the client. This goes double for a game like Unleashed, which has reaction times so strict in some places that a ping of mere milliseconds could render some segments of it virtually unplayable. And I have doubts that most people will even have a connection capable of that unless they live in a busy first-world city close to their ISP (and fuck knows how reliable ISPs themselves are these days - I've been hearing some pretty nasty horror stories about what the 'muricans around here put up with).

Considering Sega completely delisted Unleashed on their own whim, though, I'll be surprised if they didn't burn all their source code in the process, much less give enough of a fuck to optimize it for other hardware.