Awoo.

SonicSoul

You might have to wait a while for a 9th gen game. Right now is the time we play 8th gen. With the PS4, Wii U, PC, 3DS and Xbox One.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see Metal Sonic appearing in Boom, maybe not in the first season of the cartoon. If the first season of Boom and the first game in the Boomverse are successful. Reckon he'll feature at some point and I want him too. The only characters that I see appearing in the first season apart from our four main heroes, Eggman, Orbot and Cubot and probably some new characters are Shadow, Silver, Blaze, Rouge, Cream, the  Chaotix, possibly Omega and Marine. Then there is a chance that we could see the Babylon Rogues,Metal Sonic, Big, Deadly Six etc in the second season.

Considering Boom is trying to distance itself from the main series and be its own thing, I honestly don't see all these characters returning. I can easily see Shadow coming back (because he's, well, Shadow), as well as maybe Metal, Rouge, Blaze and possibly the Chaotix. But Big, Omega, the Rogues and the Six? I don't see it. 

Of course, that girl with the boomerang does look an awful lot like Marine the one game wonder...

Of all the Sonic characters not yet confirmed/denied for Boom, Metal's the one I want to see the most! (Could you tell?) I'd love to see the development team's take on his design/personality!

When that fake leak was released a while ago, I was actually intrigued by how they described Metal: evil at first, then reprogrammed into an anti-hero. I think that could have had some potential.

Of all the Sonic characters not yet confirmed/denied for Boom, Metal's the one I want to see the most! (Could you tell?) I'd love to see the development team's take on his design/personality!

When that fake leak was released a while ago, I was actually intrigued by how they described Metal: evil at first, then reprogrammed into an anti-hero. I think that could have had some potential.

There was a series of fanfics by Netraptor that had Metal become an anti-hero after his Sonic Heroes defeat. If a switch from villainy to anti-heroism was done anything like that, it could be very interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is relevant to my interests. 

I'm very picky when it comes to Metal's portrayal. I mean, a majority of the time for the Archie comics, he's been seen as just a dumb robot tool. Killing machine. Lame stereotype of robot shenanigans. We see that in Heroes, he does have feelings of anger for being in someone's shadow for so long, and being controlled by a fat man must suck. D: Eggman isn't exactly nice to his robot companions (Orbot and Cubot). 

One of my favourite features about Metal is he doesn't talk, and communicates with beeps and clicks, mostly using body language as a form of communication. Cute stuff. If Metal were to be a character in Boom, what changes would they make to have him become a more likeable character to the masses? 

Something I DON'T want to see is typical "I hate all humans, because I'm a robot. Destroy everything." garbage. Please please please please please. ;_; I want to see anti-hero character development.

One thing that'll piss me off royally about Metal is he ever shows up in Boom (or even the main series) is if he becomes an anti-hero instead of a villain. The series has very few villains as is, and Metal works well as one. That really shouldn't change.

• Thumbs Up 5

When thinking about this, why do I imagine Metal Sonic being absolutely wrapped in sports tape, just like Sonic?

If it's Metal Sonic, he'd have to be held together with electrical tape rather than sports tape.  That would imply either that he was made on the hoof out of bits of junk - which seems unlikely, given the Boom!Eggman's refined look and pristine engineering (which in itself is an obvious contrast to the heroes, who are more rugged) - or that Metal Sonic and Sonic have been in numerous clashes, without Metal being properly repaired.  Maybe you could have Metal Sonic put in its first appearance looking shiny and symmetrical and carefully-built, but as the story goes on it gets more and more damaged until finally it's as ban(da)ged-up as Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I am (kind of) glad that metal is back. 

But do you think that BRB is gonna change his looks (like Mecha Sonic)?

Nobody actually said or confirmed Metal will appear in Boom in this thread.

He's still up in the air like the rest.

If he does show up, though, there's basically a 100% probability of him being redesigned.  There's no way they'd redesign every other returning cast member and leave Metal Sonic as he is.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

He's tiny.  He could be covered in anything and you wouldn't know.  Though hopefully, now that we're onto him, he'll get officially revealed soon.  He looks very... cyan, as it stands, but his head design at least looks pretty much the same.

I wonder if this is from a race stage.  Looks like Sonic attacked him there and did damage, but Metal Sonic isn't following him, he's going off on his own.  Presumably a race, then, and it's already better than the Metal Sonic rival race from Generations 3DS.

He doesn't seem to be that different.

Like, none of the robots designs seem to get changed up.

So Metal Sonic got announced I see. Doesn't look all that different. Strange, isn't it? Makes me wonder if we'll see characters like Shadow and Rouge in the Boom universe.

So Metal Sonic got announced I see. Doesn't look all that different. Strange, isn't it? Makes me wonder if we'll see characters like Shadow and Rouge in the Boom universe.

I don't think Metal Sonic was announced unless I missed something. He was just found in the trailer

Since we know about him now, I'm crossing my fingers for an announcement soon, though.

He doesn't seem to be that different.

Like, none of the robots designs seem to get changed up.

I have no problem with that whatsoever.