Awoo.

Be Cool Scooby-Doo!

ElectricAngel

Any show that can legitimately make a parrot the intimidating main villain of the series earns quite a few merits in my book.

• Thumbs Up 2

When I found out about this I created this, please sign it https://www.change.org/petitions/cartoon-network-change-the-animations-of-be-cool-scooby-doo# because this is ridiculous.

These kinds of petitions are guaranteed to not do anything to change Cartoon Network's mind.  If you want to show someone how terrible something is, then you can do so by simply not supporting their product.  As is, you sort of have the adverse effect of actually increasing their publicity, which is only ever a good thing in the entertainment industry.

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't like the animation and don't have a good feeling about the show, but it's their mistake to make.  I don't think it's worth petitioning for a change, especially if they've already begun production.

• 1 year later...

Oh jesus, is it me or does that art style look like Teen Titans Go!'s style?

Nah, man. Teen Titans Go! actually knows how to draw Scooby Doo. 

tumblr_nlz6076VWS1rij1fyo1_540.png

This show on the other hand...

• Thumbs Up 5

The art style is just so unappealing to look at. In fact the character designs remind me of Family Guy, which I hate so it makes me dislike the look of this show even more. XP

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking. If there's one thing I hope they don't do in this series, It's the Hex Girls. They were really good in Mystery Incinerated and I don't want to know how they'd be made into a joke here. 

• 4 months later...

Hey, remember this show exists? Okay, I know you don't wanna, but.. there's a premiere date set for the US. October 5th. It doesn't say if it's in the morning or night (that's why ya need to use 24-hour times :V) but people say it's 8:30PM so.. 

image.jpg

Source: http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/be-cool-scooby-doo-news-discussion-thread.5405271/page-11 

Now, I know it's like, 2 months away but still. Any US SSMBers planning on watching it out of curiosity? I'm interested to see what people have to say about this. :P It's also said that it will premiere in Canada on Teletoon October 8th, but I can't confirm that since it was just a post on the Scooby-Doo Wiki. 

Eh, I'll give this show a chance and watch a few episodes. I mean, hey, who knows? It could very well prove to be a surprising great show, like with Mystery Incorporated.

I'll give it its fair chance. As bad as it looks, it still doesn't look like the absolute worst thing I've ever seen.  At least it's premiering on a Saturday, so it shows that the station at least seems to have some hope for it.

Blech, the show's more uglier than the original 1969 show itself. Who designed this? The staff from Brickleberry?  

Pass.

Blech, the show's more uglier than the original 1969 show itself. Who designed this? The staff from Brickleberry?

4IwAT0u.png

hahahahaahahahhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

but in all seriousness, this show's fucking doomed

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

So um, a new promo came out and I think I'm gonna puke

It looks absolutely horrid in motion. It's worse than I could have imagined. Like, what ithiiiiss?

dpkATKy.png

Poor Joe Ruby and Ken Spears. They're probably rolling in their graves because of this. I think the worst part though, is that I've seen a few people excited for this. People that actually like the designs and think it looks to be better than Mystery Incorporated. *sigh* 

Those designs look absolutely horrid when not in motion, and look even worse when they are. This isn't going to end well. That and the entire thing looks like a Seth MacFarlane show.

Then again, he did the designs better than this show

scooby-doo-gang-family-guy.jpg

Cartoon Network has horrible promos Im not even gonna lie. I keep hearing that this is meant to take place in the Mystery Incorporated universe because of the ending. Can anybody confirm that?

I think the worst part is that I'm not even sure I could identify a single joke or moment of interest in that trailer.  But yeah, the animation looks... egh.

This and the new Tom & Jerry show looks like it was done by a student learning flash the first time. 

At least you can admit, the initial reveal of the designs gave a pretty good impression about what the final product would turn out to be.

Too bad the final product looks really lame...

EDIT: Apparently the designs got a retweaking from what they originally were:

FaxHzks.png

gr79Gmx.png

They still look off to me...

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well gang, looks like this is airing in the UK first. That's right, I've managed to track down the air date and times of Be Cool Scooby Doo in the UK.

Show is debuting on the 4th of October as part of a Boomerang block called October Dooby Doo. Show times are:

8:00am 

8:30am

11:00am

12:30pm

2:00pm

4:30pm

7:00pm

7:30pm

Source: http://boomerangarchive.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/october-2015-weekends.html

I don't know, Scooby at least looks like Scooby now. I don't know what in the hell is wrong with Shaggy, though. He still looks like a rejected Gravity Falls character design.