Awoo.

Be Cool Scooby-Doo!

ElectricAngel

This looks horrible. I hope its not Mystery Incorporated sequel, that was so dark, funny and interesting at the same time. This looks worse than 1970 animation

It's like they green lit and gave someone's awful GoAnimate project a series by mistake.

Again, why a sequel for Mystery Incorporated is ever needed esp. that looks this meh and so soon when they could revamp/reboot other Hanna Barbera shows/properties like Jabberjaw, Josie and the Pussycats, Hong Kong Phooey (Less said about the dropped Eddie Murphy movie the better), Wacky Races, Quick Draw McGraw, Secret Squirrel (and no, I don't count the segments on 2 Stupid Dogs), etc.?

Edited by AdventChild

Well, guys, here's another full-length clip for the show. At this point, it's certainly clear that this is going for a significantly more comedic take on the Scooby-Doo formula.

You know after thinking things through and seeing the clip Komo posted, this show could be decent.

Like it's very much obvious it's going to be another sitcom show like Teen Titans GO and Sonic Boom and to be honest, the clip got a decent chuckle out of me. Seeing Daphne goofing around with puppets was pretty funny but the looks of the cast is still kind of off-putting.

• Thumbs Up 5

So basically it's Teen Titans Go except with Scooby Doo characters.

No, I don't mean like it has a similar art style and formula. I mean it's Teen Titans Go except with Scooby Doo characters.  Like the character archetypes are exactly the same as well.  Like, "danger prone Daphne" reminds me far too much of Robin, and Scooby and Shaggy make me think far too much of Beast Boy and Cyborg.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just can't stop thinking about Family Guy whenever I see clips or pics of this show. And as a fan of Daphne in the old Scooby Doo shows, I'm kinda turned off like now she sorta behaves like the Knuckles in Sonic Boom.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, the animation is almost exactly like Family Guy. It's so weird... 

But um, hmm. You know, from that clip the writing doesn't seem to be too bad. It doesn't feel like Scooby Doo though. It felt like they could've replaced the characters with literally anyone else and it would've still been the same. I might have to wait until a full episode comes out to say my final thoughts, since we haven't gotten any clips involving the actual mysteries so far. 

I don't think I'll ever get used to those designs though... 

• Thumbs Up 1

CQPsXhOVAAA-UEC.jpg

Okay, uh

I'm not a professional at this and all but

Did Daph's left foot go missing under her puppet? Because I can see her right foot (purple sock) using the Velma puppet.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, her left leg isn't bent at the same angle as her right, indicating that she's probably wearing the puppet further down her ankle than the Velma puppet.

The angle at which her foot is pointing is a little bit off, though.

Edited by Spooky Scary Skeletaras

So basically it's Teen Titans Go except with Scooby Doo characters.

No, I don't mean like it has a similar art style and formula. I mean it's Teen Titans Go except with Scooby Doo characters.  Like the character archetypes are exactly the same as well.  Like, "danger prone Daphne" reminds me far too much of Robin, and Scooby and Shaggy make me think far too much of Beast Boy and Cyborg.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it.

At this point I'm just hoping they won't turn Scooby and the gang into insufferable jackasses like the Titans are in Go.

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point I'm just hoping they won't turn Scooby and the gang into insufferable jackasses like the Titans are in Go.

The most recently embedded video kind of makes it clear to me that is the precisely the route they're going for.

• Thumbs Up 1

The most recently embedded video kind of makes it clear to me that is the precisely the route they're going for.

I don't know about you but i don't see them acting like assholes unless there's some context that I'm forgetting?

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't know about you but i don't see them acting like assholes unless there's some context that I'm forgetting?

I meant mainly the way they are given incredibly unfunny antics that completely derail the characters.  Not to say that the character interaction has always been super rich in Scooby-Doo (Mystery Incorporated notwithstanding) but still.

I meant mainly the way they are given incredibly unfunny antics that completely derail the characters.  Not to say that the character interaction has always been super rich in Scooby-Doo (Mystery Incorporated notwithstanding) but still.

Well I found Daphne messing around with puppets to be kind of funny but that's just me.

So did anyone actually watch the pilot? Because I actually did last night.

And surprisingly it wasn't that bad. Honestly, it was rather okay if you can get pass the Family Guy ripoff art style. The humor is a bit hit and miss though with some gags working more so than others while some fall flat. At least, it was much low key and not as obnoxious or in-your-face as TTG! as well as less random. I actually liked the bit with crossbow on the Mystery Machine.

So congrats Be Cool, Scooby Doo, you're surprisingly decent, not all that great but not all that bad either. And dodge the bullet of being the worst incarnation of the Great Dane, which so far belongs to Scooby Doo, Get a Clue.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hidden Content

that's roughly my thoughts as well the artstyle of the character designs aside its doesn't seem as bad as it could have turn out and I will confess I personally prefer more comedic Scooby-doo stuff then something like mystery incorporated did though I can understand why people like that particular series (same thing goes for transformers prime vs robots in disguise and sonic x season 3 vs sonic boom though ironicly I still think ben 10 alien force/ultimate alien beats omniverse) but what i'm basically saying is I tend to lean on the more comedic side of things so I didn't mind this episode much

and i'll likely watch the series and give it a shot otherwise if your expecting something like mystery incorporated sad to say but I think this will disappoint you....(possibly anyways)

So I saw the Pilot and I have to agree with those who've said it has some Family Guy vibes to it. It's not terrible, but I find the whole thing in general to be rather strange and I also got some Teen Titans Go vibes from it as well.

CQPsXhOVAAA-UEC.jpg

Okay, uh

I'm not a professional at this and all but

Did Daph's left foot go missing under her puppet? Because I can see her right foot (purple sock) using the Velma puppet.

come on, don't make me have to defend this show

you see, there's no logical way for daphne's foot to be in there, or for either foot to be controlling the puppet's mouths and limbs

thus there is an arguably unexpected justaposition between expectations, IE reality, and results

It's not a particularly well-done one, but

it's a joke

Yeah the artstyle is very Family Guy-ish, and it's jarring, but the actual show? Not as bad as I thought. It has some humor I appreciate, and the characters are nowhere near the level as annoying as the TTG cast. If I had to rate it so far, I'd probably give it a solid B.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just watched the first episode. That... was actually good. I mean, not on Mystery Incorporated's level or anything, but... a couple of those jokes were downright hilarious (the "cowards" joke with Shaggy and Scooby at the gas station and the whole vending machine bit in particular). The animation was pretty good as well (not talking about the art style, which is okay, but the animation itself) and it definitely still felt like a Scooby-Doo show. Funnily enough, the only real problem I had was that every time Velma talked I could only hear Sadie from Steven Universe (same voice actress).

But anyway, good stuff.

I'm glad to hear that it's not as bad as was initially anticipated, but I honestly didn't like it.  I mean, I didn't expect to, anyway, so take that as you will.

But I didn't suffer through it, either.  On the one hand, that might speak volumes on its own merits, but on the other, I really don't suffer through Teen Titans Go anymore, either.  It just seemed kind of boring to me.  Most of the humor I got out of the show was because the show seemed to be in as much a hurry to get itself over with as I was.  I'll accept it the same way I do TTG: As a parody and that's about it.

I don't really see it as cute, charming, or interesting to look at, which is what I found Scooby Doo to be up until the late 90's, but I suppose I can't really criticize it for that since that's obviously not the point.  So I'll just say it's not my cup of tea, but it's not the absolute worst show I've ever seen.

So um, I watched the first episode. I don't think I'll watch any future ones. At least not now. Maybe years later or if I see it on TV randomly, I dunno. It's not a terrible show. To be honest a few of the jokes made me laugh like when Shaggy said "What a bunch of cowards!" and it zoomed out showing him and Scooby on a hill far away, or when the monster got stuck in the vending machine. The thing is though, the writing feels very off at times. I mentioned that vending machine gag but they spent too much time trying to get them out. And I feel that's a common problem. Some of these jokes drag on too much. For instance when Shaggy and Scooby were giving a presentation on why it's a bad idea for them to look for the ghost, at first it was funny but it just went on and on and I just wanted them to get it over with. 

From everything else though, it seems to be following the writing style of other Scooby Doo shows quite well. They just kinda focus on jokes a bit more. But even with decent writing, the animation is not that great and I'm not really inclined to watch more episodes. It's just there to me. But hey, it could've been worse. I was expecting a horribly offensive, unfunny show. 

Well, caught the first episode on Boomerang today. As a person who's watched Scooby Doo since I was young, how was it?

It's alright. 

Some of the jokes were great admittedly, stuff like Shaggy and Scooby getting themselves trapped in a vending machine, or them ripping the painting in the dean's office, only to disguise themselves as the painting, and then repaint the painting but do it mistakenly, or the Puppet falling off the building gag that seemed straight out of a Lord of the Rings movie with how silly it was.

But that said, Velma seems like she's going to be far more annoying in this show, where in Mystery Incorporated, she had a decent amount of sass to her, here she just sort of always complains about the Scooby gang being weird, and Daphne seems like her jokes are going to solely be puppet related and have her get in a silly amount of danger. The highlights were easily Scooby, Shaggy, and Fred because they felt the most in character, but strangely enough, Scooby only felt like he was in there because he had to be, and he didn't really have a role in the episode, apart from some jokes. The artstyle is also still terrible, to the point where I can't stand looking at Daphne and Velma. 

On top of that, there's still the fact that the best Scooby show ever got cancelled to make way for this, which fails in comparison to that show. I don't know, I easily preferred a show with much more depth to the characters, while still retaining the character dynamics, and jokes, and even the tongue and cheek humor. Can you really not smile when you see something like this? 

• Thumbs Up 1