Awoo.

The Lara-Su Chronicles and Ken Penders topic - READ PAGE 164, POST 4096

Spin Attaxx

I predict many adults & young children alike will be seen running away screaming as soon as they see the cover of LSC. They'll go to the booth to get sonic comics, but then they'll see....that, and they'll have to run back to their hotel room & scrub their eyes out!,

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright everyone, step right up and place your bets now! Will this cover feature;

1. A generic shot that tells us jack squat about the story.

2. More bikinis.

3. Not-Knuckles front and center, probably bigger than Lara-Su.

4. A photo background.

5. All of the above.

My money's on 1 and 3.

I bet on #5

One things for sure: he won't be able to sell Sonic Graphic novels at his booth this time.

Alright everyone, step right up and place your bets now! Will this cover feature;

2. More bikinis.

4. A photo background.

5. All of the above.

My money's on 1 and 3. 

I'm going for 1 and 4.

Also going with an additional '6' of 'uses black to shade the artwork'.

Is it mean that I'm kind of anticipating whatever gross things he MIGHT possibly show off at SDCC?

Nah.

Penders should be proud, I tend to anticipate what he does more than I anticipate stuff SEGA pulls off. It's like watching a train wreck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nah.

Penders should be proud, I tend to anticipate what he does more than I anticipate stuff SEGA pulls off. It's like watching a train wreck.

It's sad how exciting Penders's nonsense can be... and for all the wrong reasons.

Actually, I'm not sure what presence Archie will have at SDCC this year.

The same as always. They've got a booth and 4 convention variants for the event (none of them are Sonic-related).

This one prediction makes me think about that promotional poster we saw of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES. The poster featured four characters, and a bikini-clad Lara-Su featured the least amount of representation despite the fact that her name is in the title to her own story. What's weird is that not only does Lara-Su get bottom billing, but she's given this distinction even with her bikini. Frankly, I find the whole thing odd. Why advertise her in a bikini if she's barely going to be featured on the poster? I'm sure whole point is to draw attention to her outfit, but why do the other three characters take up more focus? Did Ken really want to impart the idea to an ignorant audience that the story was really about Goatee Knuckles and not his daughter? Personally I get the impression that Pen Kenders would like to milk that SEGA likeness for all its own. I mean, there's no reason to make them echidnas. I'd take it more seriously if they were humanoids. The point behind making them look like SEGA-style echidnas is entirely self-serving. He wants enough people to make that connection: that his work shares some similarity to the Sonic franchise. That's the only reason I can think of as to why Lara-Su gets bottom billing to an expy of M25YL Knuckles. 

Pretty much. 

Penders has repeatedly stated he views this as a continuation of the story he started in Archie... frankly though, it's simple cowardice. He knows in his heart of hearts that his work cannot stand on its own; despite his bluster, The Lost Ones tanked hard, and he's never had another original property to his name. He needs that Sonic connection more than anything, and isn't willing to even *try* to make something truly unique. A sad thing, considering with effort and skill, something COULD be made from this mess. 

But we both know that 'effort' and 'skill' are things Penders sorely lacks. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2. More bikinis.

4. A photo background.

5. All of the above.

I'm gonna say all of the above! Oh boy, I am so looking forward to seeing the front cover. And for all the wrong reasons too! XD
  • Thumbs Up 5

This feels like the point before Squidward quits the Krusty Krab and claims "SOON THE WORLD WILL BE EATING OUT OF THE PALM OF MY HAND!" and then the Gilligan Cut reveals that he's a hobo now.

...Someone should stick Ken's face over that scene in a GIF.

• Thumbs Up 6

I seriously can't believe there is 100+ pages about this dude. Has it occurred to anyone that maybe this is the kind of attention that he wants?

I don't understand why you guys choose to feed this man your time and energy.

I seriously can't believe there is 100+ pages about this dude. Has it occurred to anyone that maybe this is the kind of attention that he wants?

You act as if he even comes onto this forum. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I think people are just utterly fascinated by the general awfulness and it's better than letting it clog up the Archie thread.

I can't imagine how any of this is the attention he'd want since we've done nothing but pick his work apart the whole time, though I guess he'd take just there being 100 pages of discussion on a Sonic board the wrong way...

While it's true that Ken is the kind of man who believes that all press is good press, many people here, myself included, just like watching this train wreck itself over again and again. I don't have any personal animus for the man, but he's just the gift that keeps on giving. Ken provides plenty of entertainment with every new tweet. That's enough for most people.

• Thumbs Up 4

As least he's not getting our money.

I...don't think so. He seems dead set on ignoring the fact that large groups of people who don't like it exist, and when he does acknowledge it he tends to just brush it off with some excuse. 

And besides, he's been getting this kind of attention for years and it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

"See the book that has gotten one of the biggest Sonic communities talking!"

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised if this crossed his mind...

I see what you guys are saying.

All I'm saying though is I wouldn't be surprised if one day this guys pulls out of no where and declares this all a big cry for attention and just wants people to notice him. Its like what Miley Cyrus did to her image, but just....well... a lot worse.

You act as if he even comes onto this forum. 

We have had all kinds of professionals here visit the forum. I'm sure Penders lurks here and is quite in tune with community hot spots. I think its more likely to say that he does rather than not.

Probably. 'No Such Thing As Bad Publicity' is a very bad way to think things over, as in most of THOSE cases, fame came by means other than intended. So far, there are no signs of Penders' work being anything other than scorned or mistaken for Sonic stuff. 

And as for him reading these threads, I've seen him vaguely bring it up while dismissing the vitriol as being because we are 'Sonic Fans' or some such. Of course, with recent evidence suggesting him trying to 'win back' the crowd, he might be more aware than he's willing to admit to others. 

I see what you guys are saying.

All I'm saying though is I wouldn't be surprised if one day this guys pulls out of no where and declares this all a big cry for attention and just wants people to notice him. Its like what Miley Cyrus did to her image, but just....well... a lot worse.

It's not the first time this theory has been brought up, and there was a brief moment when it seemed like he actually WAS trolling his haters. 

One brief moment. 

Buuut then he basically went 'But Seriously I Really Am Always Right', and it became clear that this wasn't really the case. 

As posters? Probably no.

But as people just skimming and reading, its possible.

Exactly. But I do remember on who did post and caused trouble in the Archie thread.