Awoo.

Marcello

One Piece Unlimited World Red was released for 3DS in Japan last year and it's now getting a Western release on three additional platforms for this year.

European Press Release:

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe announces ONE PIECE UNLIMITED WORLD RED for Europe and Australasia
March 12, 2014

Luffy and the Straw Hat crew are back for the Grand Adventure!

NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe S.A.S announced today that ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red will be reaching European and Australian shores in 2014 for PlayStation® computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Nintendo 3DS™ handheld system and Wii U™! ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is an action-adventure RPG game developed by Ganbarion Co., Ltd., based on the widely popular and praised ONE PIECE manga created by the renowned mangaka Eiichiiro Oda.

The New World and its fierce challenges await Luffy and his nakama. In ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red, players will live the complete Pirate adventure thanks to fun-filled escapades, action-packed battles and powerful allies in a whole new never-before-seen scenario. Who is this mysterious character speaking with Luffy and what are his plans?

ONE PIECE fans will be playing as all of their favourite Straw Hat crew members and progress through the storyline where they will be challenged by famous boss battles such as Crocodile, Rob Lucci, Caesar Clown and many others! Mastering many skills will be mandatory in order to execute numerous flashy combos, to dodge or interact with enemies etc.! Just like in the original manga, when things get bad, players will be able to get some help from a friend in an exciting co-op* gameplay to beat down strong opponents, or simply to enjoy mini-games such as fishing, bug-catching and so on!

“As one of the most successful manga we ever witnessed, ONE PIECE is a phenomenon that deserves AAA adaptations” said Hiroaki Ochiai, Senior Vice President of IP Strategy at NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe. “We decided to team-up with Ganbarion to create a new opus for the “Unlimited” series. Thanks to their expertise, we are sure to have an amazing game where all the details from the ONE PIECE universe will be perfectly pictured. On top of that, we are really proud and happy to have a never-before-seen scenario for this game!”

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Nintendo 3DS™ and Wii U™ in 2014. For the latest news and updates, join us on www.OnePiece-Game.com. For the latest videos, check bngames.eu/OPunlimitedworldredvideos.

http://www.uk.namcobandaigames.eu/news/2014/03/12/namco-bandai-games-europe-announces-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-for-europe-and-australasia/4057

American Press Release:

SAN JOSE, Calif., (March 12, 2014) – NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that ONE PIECE® Unlimited World Red will be setting course for retailers in the Americas in 2014 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system. The game is also slated for a digital-only release for the PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system and the Wii U™ system. ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is an action adventure RPG game developed by Ganbarion Co., Ltd. and takes place in the widely popular and praised ONE PIECE manga and anime universe created by the famed manga artist Eiichiro Oda.

Prepare to set sail on a gripping adventure in the New World with the beloved Straw Hat Crew in ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red, and dive into a wayfaring journey with fun-filled escapades, action-packed battles and powerful comrades in a whole new never-before-seen scenario. ONE PIECE fans will be able to play as all of their favorite Straw Hat crew members and progress through the episodic storyline where they will be challenged by famous boss battles such as Rob Lucci, Caesar Clown, and more. Players must master a large variation of button combos to execute numerous flashy combos and test their reflexes by pressing the right button at the right time to counter, dodge or otherwise interact with their enemies.

When the going gets tough and foes become more fearsome, players will be able to enlist help from a friend in exciting co-op gameplay* to beat down opposing marines and pirates, or simply enjoy mini games together such as fishing, catching bugs, and more! Fans will also enjoy endless playability as they explore the central town and take on quests at the tavern to assist the townsfolk and gain more rewards and items.

“NAMCO BANDAI Games has been a proud publisher of ONE PIECE games for many years, and with the astonishing global popularity of the manga series and support of the devoted fans, we are thrilled to be localizing ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red for the Americas,” said Chris Gilbert, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing for NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.

ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red is scheduled for a physical and digital release for the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo 3DS, and a digital-only release for the PlayStation Vita and Wii U in 2014. For more information on NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. game titles and products, please visit http://namcobandaigames.com/home. Follow the ONE PIECE Unlimited World Red conversation on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NamcoBandai

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/223983-one-piece-unlimited-world-red-heading-stateside

PAL Boxart

oGXE3vw.jpgrFsvmW2.jpgK30t9PR.jpgwI1NTwt.jpg

Trailer

Europe/Australasia is getting a physical release for all 4 consoles while America is getting a physical release for the 3DS/PS3 versions and a digital for Vita/Wii U.

I can't wait for this. I loved both Unlimited Cruise games and I've been waiting for a Western release announcement since the game was announced. I was expecting a Wii U version, since the cutscene graphics seemed to good for the 3DS, but not CG quality, but I was thinking something more along the lines of Unlimited World Blue. This is cool, too.

I'll probably get the Wii U version of this, since it has the most comfortable controller and will retain whatever they used the second screen for in the 3DS version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehhhhhhhhh. :/

I'm feeling pretty jaded with One Piece games now, after the horrendous Romance Dawn and having personally found the three previous Unlimited games strictly average-at-best fare. From the trailer this looks very similar to those, so I'm not sure I'll like it. 

I like how, before mentioning anything else about the game, they say "Catch Bugs!" and "Go Fishing!". Yeah, they're the exciting parts...

I've been in the mood for a dumb fight show recently, and God help me I think I'm going to try to get back into One Piece. Goodbye, life.

I've actually never played a One Piece video game, even years ago when I was reasonably up to date with the show. Are the Unlimited games actually any good?

I like how, before mentioning anything else about the game, they say "Catch Bugs!" and "Go Fishing!". Yeah, they're the exciting parts...

If it's like Unlimited Cruise, those are fairly important. You need bugs and fishes for creating stuff. The games are less brawlers like the Pirate Warrior games and more Adventure. There's fighting, levelling up, exploring, crafting and stuff.

They're really fun to me and I think the best fit for One Piece games. Cruise 1 and 2 are some of my favorite Wii games. Never played Unlimited Adventure, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been in the mood for a dumb fight show recently, and God help me I think I'm going to try to get back into One Piece. Goodbye, life.

I've actually never played a One Piece video game, even years ago when I was reasonably up to date with the show. Are the Unlimited games actually any good?

Well, given Marcello's opinion I'll have to say your mileage may vary, but I certainly don't find them to be very good games.

At their core, they're annoyingly-handled collect-em-ups without any context. The gameplay in each level basically amounts to reaching a sealed door or pathway that requires a certain number of specific items to pass through. Items can be found in stages, and some items can be made from combining other items. 

The part that gets annoying is, there's literally no context to the arbitrary requirements to proceed. It's more or less "To open this door, you need five yellow keys, three blue keys, six green keys and two red keys, just because". Except with the 'keys' being items that are scattered around the stages (often not even in the stage in which you need them) where you're given no indication on where to find them. They're basically frustrating, long-winded scavenger hunts, with combat basically being there for the sake of certain enemies dropping more items. 

Once you get past a door, you fight a boss, then repeat. They really weren't games I had a lot of patience for (I say, despite having finished all three Wii games and the first 3DS port...), and if this is more of the same then I'll quite happily pass.

If it's like Unlimited Cruise, those are fairly important. You need bugs and fishes for creating stuff. The games are less brawlers like the Pirate Warrior games and more Adventure. There's fighting, levelling up, exploring, crafting and stuff.

They're really fun to me and I think the best fit for One Piece games. Cruise 1 and 2 are some of my favorite Wii games. Never played Unlimited Adventure, though.

Important or not, they sound like pretty poor selling points. Surely "craft new tools" and "explore for new materials" sound better? I'm not a One Piece fan, but I watched the trailer for curiosity's sake and that just stuck out to me.

Really looking forward to this game. I played a good amount of Unlimited Adventure on the Wii and that game was great. Wish this game was getting a retail release for Wii U in North America, but I'll stick to getting a retail copy of the game on PS3 and 3DS.

Same, really can't wait for this to come out especially since I never could play the original on wii.

This series of One Piece games is much like Monster Hunter in a sense, you explore worlds, collect items and craft stuff, with fighting in between and the big boss battles like the top hunts in Monster Hunter. Clunky movement, delayed attacks, item usage.. You all have to take into account with these games, because you can't run in and bray the boss with fast combos and deal mega damage like you can in the Pirate Warriors franchise, these games are two radically different beasts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800862

Take this source lightly as it boils down to "My ___ who works at _____", but according to it we'll be getting the game on the first of January.

Probably a placeholder date though. I'm just taking any news that I can.

I doubt it. Japan has a confirmed release date of June and Amazon has it listed for June, too, so I'd say that would be closer.

Double post for needed update. 

Europe Release Date: June 27th, 2014
North America Release Date: July, 2014

Europe press release with new collector's information. 

For the impatient fans planning on buying the game on its release day (“Day 1”), BANDAI NAMCO Games Europe S.A.S. has prepared a unique offer to show this game’s uniqueness, the “Straw Hat Edition”:

•  One Piece Unlimited World Red full game
  • Exclusive Costumes: 10 outfits – Luffy Strong World Outfit &the Anniversary Pack with 9 outfits commemorating Japan’s 15th anniversary of the One Piece animated series.
  • A unique quest where the 2 brothers are re-united: “Flame Fist &Straw Hat”

This terrific Anniversary Pack won’t be sold later!

Coming along with this exciting content, all video-game & anime devotees will enjoy the amazingly cute Chopper Edition and its items:

• One Piece Unlimited World Red Day 1 Edition
  • Key Holder of Chopper
  • 10 stickers of the Straw Hat Crew members and the game logo
  • Wall scroll of Chopper
  • Lanyard with Chopper
  • Artbook
  • The Takoyaki DLC Pack (3 costumes &1 quest)

Edit: GameStop says we're getting the Straw Hat edition

Pre-order One Piece Unlimited World Red and receive the Day 1 Edition!

ONE PIECE® Unlimited World Red Day One Edition features DLC to commemorate One Piece's 15th anniversary in Japan. The Day One Edition will include special DLC including Luffy's Strong World Adventure Outfit, Anniversary Costumes for Luffy, Nami, Sanji, Chopper, Zoro, Usopp, Franky, Robin and Brook, and an extra quest.

The costumes from this opening will be in 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBmBJzc7IcE

Subtitled 5 min trailer released from Bandai Europe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uohkYxCcgvQ

• Thumbs Up 1