Awoo.

Hopeful Expectations on the next Sonic Game on PS4/XB1

DLR_Nexus

If Nintendo hadn't gone for the three game exclusivity Lost World could have been on PS4/Xbone. Lost World started on a PC dev kit first I believe before being changed to Wii U

*Sigh* No. It was developed on PC as all games are. There's not been any news stating it starting with a PC dev kit.

Well to get a game on every console of the generation, you'd develop it on the weakest console and port that to the stronger ones, right?

I don't know if every multiplatform game is like that, all I know is that Rayman Legends was, and that game is great, soooo...

Developing for Wii U and then porting to the next gen consoles SOUNDS like the proper course of action... but I don't know if it's what will be done. It seems the preferred approach is to make it for the higher end consoles first and then downgrade it for the lower end ones.

It seems unfair for those who use the Wii U version, but they had two exclusives to balance. The way console wars work is someone is going to get the short end of the stick at some point.

*Sigh* No. It was developed on PC as all games are. There's not been any news stating it starting with a PC dev kit.

I know that, but I could remember Izukia saying that it wasn't a Wii U game at first and was changed to be one at some point. I know all games are developed on PCs, I just couldn't remember the exact statement. I think it was one of the conventions?

Edit: found it, it states that the Wii U wasn't announced yet when development started, so it COULD have been on PS4/xbone, which was my original statement

I know that, but I could remember Izukia saying that it wasn't a Wii U game at first and was changed to be one at some point. I know all games are developed on PCs, I just couldn't remember the exact statement. I think it was one of the conventions?

Edit: found it, it states that the Wii U wasn't announced yet when development started, so it COULD have been on PS4/xbone, which was my original statement

I was referring to the PC dev kit part. EVerything else in your quote, I was fine with.wink.png

Well to get a game on every console of the generation, you'd develop it on the weakest console and port that to the stronger ones, right?

I don't know if every multiplatform game is like that, all I know is that Rayman Legends was, and that game is great, soooo...

It the opposite actually You have to make the game for the strongest console first or even omething that stronger than all available console the you downgrade it for each.

Think of it this way. Whats faster doing a bad drawing then remaking it to look good it, Or making a great drawing and adding some blur.

It the opposite actually You have to make the game for the strongest console first or even omething that stronger than all available console the you downgrade it for each.

Think of it this way. Whats faster doing a bad drawing then remaking it to look good it, Or making a great drawing and adding some blur.

Many companies like EA, Ubisoft, and others (including SEGA) have done games for both the 7th Gen and 8th Gen consoles as well. However, some are going only towards the 8th Gen consoles since Sony is about end support on their PS3. Microsoft could do the same on the Xbox 360. Since the 7th Gen consoles are getting closer to the end of their 10 years with their add ones (like the PS Move and the Kincect), it's now newer tech that is changing. Xbox One and PS4 needs some changes but Wii U needs a lot to be done which gets complicated even with the Gamepad.

Hopefully I hope SCE, Ubisoft, or EA will be make Sonic game. I think Any NA game company is better than sega(individual) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully I hope SCE, Ubisoft, or EA will be make Sonic game. I think Any NA game company is better than sega(individual) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

NO. SEGA and Sonic Team makes Sonic Games. Not SCE, Ubisoft, or even EA. Unless SCE is under some partership to SEGA like what they had with Nintendo.

I get that you're allergic to fun and all omote, but anyone with even the slightest ounce of genre savviness would never consider shelling a Sonic game out to fucking EA of all companies. They'd just run the IP into the ground the first chance they get as they already have with so many of their own, then just go back to milking Battlefield or some shit.

I get that you're allergic to fun and all omote, but anyone with even the slightest ounce of genre savviness would never consider shelling a Sonic game out to fucking EA of all companies. They'd just run the IP into the ground the first chance they get as they already have with so many of their own, then just go back to milking Battlefield or some shit.
I think even if EA make Sonic games. Game quality will be better than Sega's Sonic. reason of blame EA is they want earn too many money in single game. like dead space 3. (Dead Space 3 is great game. But not a great horror game) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

I think even If EA make Sonic games. Game quality is better than Sega's Sonic. reason of blame EA is they want earn too many money in single game. like dead space 3. (Dead Space 3 is great game. But not a great horror game) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

That's the Sonic Chronicles with BioWare. And that's it. IDK what's next with EA and Sonic.

I think even If EA make Sonic games. Game quality is better than Sega's Sonic. reason of blame EA is they want earn too many money in single game. like dead space 3. (Dead Space 3 is great game. But not a great horror game)

Where to start?

Game Quality on EA stuff is naff and often recycled garbage.

Dead Space 3 is a tragic mess of a game which most likely started life as a separate IP.

EA want to earn money... so we should assume that by this Sega do not? 

EA, Ubisoft are in direct competition with Sega, why on earth would they make any Sega licensed title?

• Thumbs Up 2

I think even if EA make Sonic games. Game quality will be better than Sega's Sonic.

Based on... what, exactly? How many platformers has EA published?

That's the Sonic Chronicles with BioWare. And that's it. IDK what's next with EA and Sonic.

I know Sonic choronicles sales was flopped

but at least game quality isn't like 06 or SLW

Reason of SC fails is crossover with Turn based RPG and Sonic.

Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

...no actually, Chronicles and '06 sounds like a pretty apt comparison to me as far as we're speaking strictly quality.

Where to start?

Game Quality on EA stuff is naff and often recycled garbage.

Dead Space 3 is a tragic mess of a game which most likely started life as a separate IP.

EA want to earn money... so we should assume that by this Sega do not?

EA, Ubisoft are in direct competition with Sega, why on earth would they make any Sega licensed title?

Hmm. I think you don't See this

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/individual/strengths.html

This means, they doesn't like Package game. (But I can't assure Sega hates Sonic.)

I know Sonic choronicles sales was flopped

but at least game quality isn't like 06 or SLW

Reason of SC fails is crossover with Turn based RPG and Sonic.

Of course it's quality isn't up there with Lost World. It's arguably even worse than 06.

Of course it's quality isn't up there with Lost World. It's arguably even worse than 06.

why?

Did you check metacritic review score??

why?

Do you think that's what matters here? 

Because it's not.

why?

Have you checked the fan and gamer feedback?

That has a tendency for being just as, if not more important.

why?

Have you played the game? because thats what matters, not nessecarily the coporate critics, you need to look at all angles not just one, and also that webpage is for potential investors, many of whom dont see video games as a major thing, and some who see them as a dying breed even though they arent

Say, I got a challenge for you, take 2 weeks, and dont talk a bit about sales, stocks, and how sega is doomed because of sonic boom, and just hang around, talk, conversate, share your opinions on various topics OTHER than this, and get to know people, and be a general contributing member, then if you feel a desperate need to bring up, then go ahead, but instead of just fixiating on this, actualy be productive on the forum. You will find it a much better, and fun experience that way

• Thumbs Up 8

Omg omote, are you for real?

Of course it wouldn't be a good idea to have Sonic games be developed by EA! Hell I think it would ruin the franchise like how Crash was ruined by Activision. I could see it going to Nintendo (fat chance of that happening though) but not EA!

• Thumbs Up 7

Omg omote, are you for real? Of course it wouldn't be a good idea to have Sonic games be developed by EA! Hell I think it would ruin the franchise like how Crash was ruined by Activision. I could see it going to Nintendo (fat chance of that happening though) but not EA!
EA or A/B is 2nd or 3rd choice. I hope Sonic is sold to Nintendo or Take Two .(for open world Sonic game and no country lock.) Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2