Awoo.

Hopeful Expectations on the next Sonic Game on PS4/XB1

DLR_Nexus

But neither of those are good ideas for the games themselves, you see. Sonic and Sega, currently, are perfectly fine as is. If anyone else made a Sonic game with no influence at all, we'd have horrible bullshit boring games (EA), that constantly repeat themselves (Nintendo). I don't even need to go into the fact that EA is a fucking evil company, known for eating and destroying the companies it buys.

But neither of those are good ideas, you see.
... Take Two have good open world game technology. Look at the GTA!!. And Nintendo's franchise management ability is PERFECT.(cons. If nintendo make Sonic. We could play Sonic only nintendo exclusive) Plus EA is 2nd choice. I know EA is Evil Axis. But their game quality isn't LW or 06. and Sega's 2014 line up is pretty poor Hatsune miku project diva F 2nd Sonic Boom Alien Isolation. That's All. And they ruined TW rome 2, FM 2014, and COH2. Sent from my SHW-M250S using Tapatalk 2

Yes, but that's not Sonic. Not to mention, Nintendo games are stale and boring.

Think about the GAMES, and making them good. The best, and worst Sonic games stand out for being different, which Nintendo is eager to prove they can't do. You're trying to push something you see as mandatory but that everyone else sees as unnecessary.

Because it's not necessary.

Why do I have the feeling that behind omotes comments he's secretly laughing at us for seriously replying to these, sorry if this sounds like flaming or anything (its not) but I somehow feel as though no serious person would ever say most of this for any other reason but just to get a rise out of us.

No, I suspect trolling also, but that's no excuse for him not listening to anyone's arguments against him, most of which make more sense.

Indeed. If it's a troll, it's a really desperate troll. If it's not...I have no idea what to say.

• Thumbs Up 1

... Take Two have good open world game technology. Look at the GTA!!.

GTA is not a platforming game.

And Nintendo's franchise management ability is PERFECT.(cons. If nintendo make Sonic. We could play Sonic only nintendo exclusive)

So perfect that they've apparently forgotten that Starfox and F-Zero exist. Ironically enough I'm pretty sure you've tried to argue the latter as a singlehanded dealbreaker before, so I'm not sure what you're even trying to prove.

Plus EA is 2nd choice. I know EA is Evil Axis. But their game quality isn't LW or 06.

Again, based on what? If you're focusing on only the success stories, you're neglecting the ridiculous amount of franchises they've singlehandedly murdered because they couldn't push AAA numbers on them, and will almost assuredly do the same for Sonic in some ham-fisted, self-fulfilling prophecy to excuse them from making the games any more. This isn't even strictly limited to IPs - they've driven entire studios into the ground over this bullshit.

• Thumbs Up 3

Have you played the game? because thats what matters, not nessecarily the coporate critics, you need to look at all angles not just one, and also that webpage is for potential investors, many of whom dont see video games as a major thing, and some who see them as a dying breed even though they arent

Say, I got a challenge for you, take 2 weeks, and dont talk a bit about sales, stocks, and how sega is doomed because of sonic boom, and just hang around, talk, conversate, share your opinions on various topics OTHER than this, and get to know people, and be a general contributing member, then if you feel a desperate need to bring up, then go ahead, but instead of just fixiating on this, actualy be productive on the forum. You will find it a much better, and fun experience that way

Why do I have the feeling that behind omotes comments he's secretly laughing at us for seriously replying to these, sorry if this sounds like flaming or anything (its not) but I somehow feel as though no serious person would ever say most of this for any other reason but just to get a rise out of us.

No, I suspect trolling also, but that's no excuse for him not listening to anyone's arguments against him, most of which make more sense.

Indeed. If it's a troll, it's a really desperate troll. If it's not...I have no idea what to say.

Okay guys, that's enough of this. You don't have the right to accuse anyone of trolling, or being a troll, or questioning any member's motives, or even suggest how a member should conduct themselves around here and what they should and should not talk about, as all of that is not your place to do so as well as being out of line with your instigating. It's one thing to disagree with a member, but another thing to antagonize a member you don't agree with. 

That said, I suggest you don't do it again and get back on topic. Discuss your disagreements and anything else in this topic in a respectful manner from here on out without the jabs as they aren't necessary at all. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Hmm. I think you don't See this

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/individual/strengths.html

This means, they doesn't like Package game. (But I can't assure Sega hates Sonic.)

This has nothing to do with anything you have just said. 

Packages Vs Digital titles has nothing to do with what company should make a Sonic game. 

And nobody has said or even hinted that Sega hates Sonic, there is no evidence at all to support that, if Sega hated Sonic then they wouldn't be doing Sonic Boom right now or spending a fortune maintaining and upgrading Joypolis and the Dubai place.

That's All. And they ruined TW rome 2, FM 2014, and COH2.

Sega did not make Rome 2 Total War. <--- this one is creative assembly who are owned by Sega, but they are their own unit, Sega acts as a publisher..

Sega did not make Football Manager 2014 <--- This one is Sports interactive. Owned by Sega, but are their own unit, Sega acts as a publisher..

Sega did not make Company of Heroes 2.<---- this one... How do you get this one wrong? This was made by Relic, and this studio wasn't even owned by Sega during it's development. Sega bought this studio from THQ who were mostly responsible for COH2. This game was nearly finished by the time Sega purchased them.

I know. But these are all Sega's subsidiaries

But it has nothing to do with your argument! You're claiming a better studio would make a better game than Sega, then go onto complain about a list of games that Sega didn't even make directly!

Sega publishes Activision games in Japan as well as several EA franchises.

By this thinking, you would effectively blame Sega for any complaints or performance issues on those games even though Sega only acted as publisher.

Or to put it another way.

If Boom does poorly in Europe, it's Nintendo's fault since they published it.

Take the Company of Heroes 2 for an example. How on earth could Sega ruin that game when it was almost finished when they took over Relic from THQ?

• Thumbs Up 6

You know Omote, I find it funny that you want Sonic to say, Nintendo. Yet you're currently arguing against Sonic Nintendo exclusives, and primarily on sales at that.

Something's wrong here.

• Thumbs Up 3

I get what he's saying, because all the games he mentioned has a SEGA logo, but SEGA is a publisher, just like Stick Of Truth is made by Obsidian (which is a good game btw).

But I have to be honest, SEGA games do come out as if they were rushed or incomplete (especially the PC ones) like ACM, TW Rome 2, why is that? Even I think Sonic Generations is rushed as well

• Thumbs Up 1

I get what he's saying, because all the games he mentioned has a SEGA logo, but SEGA is a publisher, just like Stick Of Truth is made by Obsidian (which is a good game btw).

But I have to be honest, SEGA games do come out as if they were rushed or incomplete (especially the PC ones) like ACM, TW Rome 2, why is that? Even I think Sonic Generations is rushed as well

oh If i went home early, I should write this content.

Thank you!!!

You know Omote, I find it funny that you want Sonic to say, Nintendo. Yet you're currently arguing against Sonic Nintendo exclusives, and primarily on sales at that. 

Something's wrong here.

Hmm I mean, Wii U is flopped, and I hate Wii U and 3DS exclusive,. But. I don't hate Nintendo exclusive. I know if Nintendo makes Sonic we can play Sonic only in Nintendo console. But. If Nintendo makes Sonic after Next gen console is released, Game quality will be good and Sales will amazing. I assure.

Well, If Nintendo made a Sonic game, he would not have even talk, so prepare a silent Sonic, and everything would be very platformy and you can make any rush to finish the level

Hmm I mean, Wii U is flopped, and I hate Wii U and 3DS exclusive,. But. I don't hate Nintendo exclusive. I know if Nintendo makes Sonic we can play Sonic only in Nintendo console. But. If Nintendo makes Sonic after Next gen console is released, Game quality will be good and Sales will amazing. I assure.

Being on a certain gen or system doesn't automatically guarantee quality or sales Omote. You should know better than that.

What the hell?

[quote name="omote23" post="854514" timestamp="1396157195" .!

What.... Just, what....

Dude, do YOU even know what you are talking about anymore...?

Oh. wait..

If Sonic were released in PS4/X1. I hope Take Two or Ubisoft would make Sonic game.

Sorry to forget topic.

THIS IS TRUE. Many game companies are showing support for the PS4 but little towards Xbox One and the Wii U. In fact, SEGA got more games on the Wii U than PS4 or even Xbox One Combined! Wii U sales are worse than what the virtural boy or even the SEGA Saturn sales outside of Japan ever had at this point. Sony even said that all 3rd Party gaming companies like SEGA are even doing this for the PS4. But we might have to ask why SEGA ain't making little to no games on the PS4 and XB1 when the Wii U is doing poorly in sales?

THIS IS TRUE. Many game companies are showing support for the PS4 but little towards Xbox One and the Wii U. In fact, SEGA got more games on the Wii U than PS4 or even Xbox One Combined! Wii U sales are worse than what the virtural boy or even the SEGA Saturn sales outside of Japan ever had at this point. Sony even said that all 3rd Party gaming companies like SEGA are even doing this for the PS4. But we might have to ask why SEGA ain't making little to no games on the PS4 and XB1 when the Wii U is doing poorly in sales?

um sales are not worse than the virtual boy, they took that off the market after a single year, also while the saturn did lousy in general due to its poor launch, it still has a good mix of games over here in the us(sorry slightly off tangent, but I am one of several on here who own and enjoy the saturn, but its not the point here)

Where is your concrete evidence to back this? also the virtual boy only had around 12 games

But we might have to ask why SEGA ain't making little to no games on the PS4 and XB1 when the Wii U is doing poorly in sales?

They're making around the same number of games as every third party studio is. I fail to see why this is even a concern? 

Also the Wii U has been out for over a year, the PS4/Xbo One has been out for barely what... 3 months? How is this a fair comparison at all? It's like saying "Well Sega have tons of games on the PS3 but barely any on the PS4."

• Thumbs Up 1

um sales are not worse than the virtual boy, they took that off the market after a single year, also while the saturn did lousy in general due to its poor launch, it still has a good mix of games over here in the us(sorry slightly off tangent, but I am one of several on here who own and enjoy the saturn, but its not the point here)

Where is your concrete evidence to back this? also the virtual boy only had around 12 games

I remember it from a Game Theory video claiming that the Wii U is the next "Virtural Boy".

I remember it from a Game Theory video claiming that the Wii U is the next "Virtural Boy".

heh, slight problem with that, that entire video was a joke/parody not meant to be taken seriously, do your own research using credible resources, then come back

Using Game Theory as a resource. There's your problem right there.

• Thumbs Up 1

heh, slight problem with that, that entire video was a joke/parody not meant to be taken seriously, do your own research using credible resources, then come back

For to the view to all of you guys, 350,000 units were shipped and due to the issues with Virtural Boy, it's sales were toublesome. Towards the Wii U, it only sold up to 425,000 units by the end of November, and by 2013, the sales were not as impressive and it is slow. It only sold up to 3.91 million by September 2013, but it jumped to 5.86 Million by December 2013 which is kind of impressive but not a lot.Unfortently, by 2014, Nintendo forcasted that there could be 2.8 million units to be sold for the Wii U which is a horrible thing.

How this happened is similar towards the SEGA Saturn thanks to it's complicated hardware depite with the good sales in Japan but not in everywhere.

And the PS4 were very strong with sales, as they started with 1 million in under a single day (and the same thing applied to XB1) and now they could end up to even 10 Million later this year. Xbox One Sales are slowly increasing depite the problems with the Xbox on some things and others but it could go to 5 Million soon.

Many are still critizing the Wii U for a horrible battery life on the Wii U game pad, lack of top games at lauch, and even hardware (now adays, many wanted better hardware that can be perfect to play games as many innovate the graphics and others.) This explains why the Wii U isn't as of a good console on sales than the PS4 does.