Awoo.

Announced: Project DIVA X (2016) (PS4/Vita) | Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Series Thread

Ming Ming Hatsune

hatsune-miku-project-diva-F-logo-640x264

Pd_f_2nd_logo.png

This is a general discussion thread for Hatsune Miku Project DIVA F/f and 2nd released/releasing for Playstation 3 and Playstation Vita.

To start off with the most recent news of the series, the 2nd game is coming to the west! I can't believe the support for the series is huge in the west for it to get the sequel this fast! <3

This definitely saves me from importing. Can't wait for the sequel. Also it seems Project Diva F/f 2nd will be a cross buy title (at least for the west) as Sega released a blog article stating, "We will be releasing a Packaged version of the game for both the Playstation 3 and the PS VITA!".

No release date yet for the west.

P.S - If you haven't gotten yourself a copy of the first title, please do so! <3 I have already imported the first title, but I'll be getting the Vita west version not only to support Hatsune Miku in the west...but for the trophies (lawl)

Edited by Ming Ming Yuigahama
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm still quite HYPED and excited that the sequel is coming here so fast! I got the first game day 1 and enjoyed it so much, and was hoping SEGA would bring the sequel over quickly before I decide to import, and it seems like they are! Day 1 buy for PS3 version! (Would also get Vita version day 1 if I had a Vita...)

Holy crap, people really love Miku in the west, don't they?

Also, I find it funny that there's a PSO2 song in one of the DIVA games but we still don't have it :')

So, can we expect the 3DS games to get an eShop release?

• Thumbs Up 1

Some doubters here thought Sega would be idiots if they bring Miku to the west. Not enough support, "no one has heard of Miku" yadda yadda yadda...I told them, Miku just needs a game here and you'll see, and it happened.

I mean Sega was really surprised with the western sales of the PS3 game, that they localized a Vita version of it months later. And I will be purchasing that Vita version (again) for trophies.

I know it's out of Sumo's hands, but if they did do Miku DLC for Transformed, watch their sales spike.

Don't underestimate the fanbase of Hatsune Miku!

• Thumbs Up 4

I actually bought Diva f on Vita very recently. I loved the hell out of Diva 2nd a few years ago, so I was really excited to see it localized. 

Game's a lot of fun so far. Secret Police and World's End Dancehall are my favorite songs. It's a freaking crime that Matryoshka still hasn't been included in one of these games. :V

I do have one complaint though, and that's the stupid touch mechanic. I hate hate hate it. That alone sets it a step below Diva 2nd for me. 

If you hate the touch mechanic, play the PS3 version. If the modified touch mechanic pisses me off, I'll play the PS3 version instead.

I recently pre-ordered Project DIVA F 2nd. Can't wait to play it. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F was an awesome game! So awesome I've played it for a total of over 100 hours! And Hatsune Miku actually got me into Anime. So, yeah. ^^

I'm really happy we are getting those games over here. I just wished they did the same for the psp ones or the mirai series, since i don't actually own a ps3 or vita.

Still like I said its good we finally have the games localized. 

I imported the first one for PSP, and enjoyed it very much, though it took a bit of help to figure out the menus, since I don't know jack squat about Japanese.

Surprised this one came to America. I wasn't complaining, liking Vocaloid music and all, but I never got it. I really ought to at some point.

I didn't like F that much, the only reason I ended up getting it was only because of Black Rock Shooter finally getting it's debut in one of the games, the song selection was rather poor (and annoying) besides a few songs, but this one looks more promising with the re-mastered classic songs... Here's hoping Love is War! makes it in!

Ah yes, this series. I was exposed to this series after I saw SEGA's "experimental" Facebook post. I had known a bit about Vocaloid but I never bothered listening to any of the songs after seeing this game. I looked up gameplay of the game and it looked pretty fun to play, but I wasn't a big fan of the music tracks themselves. I still thought I'd support the game since this was the first time SEGA had brought over a game from Japan and I hoped that after supporting this game they'd bring PSO2. Still waiting on that, by the way. dry.png

Anyway, as Christmas time came, I got a PS3 and this was the first game I downloaded. I found myself playing the game way too much and the music kinda grew on me and I started to really like Vocaloid. As of now I've found songs online that are in my opinion better than the ones in DIVA F, but from the songs trailer for DIVA F 2nd I saw there was a much better song selection. If I ever get myself a Vita, I'll be sure to get the games on there too, as rhythm games seem to suit handhelds more in my opinion. 

I plan on getting F 2nd when it comes out (hopefully EU gets a physical release). From what I've seen, they've improved the game in almost every way and I love almost all the new songs. In F I only really enjoyed maybe 5 of the songs, but here I'm liking everything I'm hearing. The only thing I don't get is the new star symbols. Hopefully they won't be too tricky to pull off. 

I've just after playing the demo for Project DIVA f 2nd. I'm loving it so far. Although those connected star things are a bit awkward. Can't wait to get the full game ^^

• 4 weeks later...

PS3. I've got the full game now anyways. And I love almost every song. ^^

• 1 month later...

I was planning on buying the first one because it's one of the few games (In my case, the demo) that she likes and it's more suitable to show her

Dear Sega,

I love you <3.

Succcks that we have to wait long though. =(

Really fun games, I've gotta say. I was super hyped back when I heard F was getting a U.S. release, and I'm super hype for F 2nd being released here as well.

• 4 weeks later...

SEGA released some interested tidbits on Project DIVA F 2nd's English release:

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd will feature English lyric translations for the majority of its 40 song track list when it launches this fall!

SEGA will present this brand new feature for the first time this weekend at Anime Expo in Los Angeles, CA, at the SEGA booth in the West Hall of the LA Convention Center.
14562706042_9f4b4c5e17.jpg
“We are proud to finally announce this herculean translation project to bring Hatsune Miku fans English lyric translations,” said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America. “We worked closely with our partners in Japan and the artists to ensure that the lyrical intent of the original Japanese is maintained so our non-Japanese speaking fans can better understand the meaning and context of the amazing world of Hatsune Miku.”
14376951859_438f845a76.jpg
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd features twenty classic songs from the previously Japan-only PSP games making their first debut in the West, and twenty brand new songs to the Project DIVA series. In addition to the new songs, the game will feature updated gameplay mechanics and controls, more than 80 brand new and remade fan favorite modules, Cross-Save compatibility, Markerless AR Mode (PlayStation Vita) and a revamped edit mode ranking system that showcases the most popular user generated content to provide gamers the best music game experience on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems.
14376951349_57c0e8eb80.jpg

Source: SEGA Blog

Honestly, this is something they should have done for the first game. Now it's gonna stick out so much, ugh. But better late than never I suppose. I hope they do this for Project MIRAI Remix as well. My only guess they didn't do translations in the first game is because it was a quick test run to see if Miku's popular enough outside Japan. And that itself is still a pretty lazy excuse. Oh well, still looking forward to the western release of this game.

• 1 year later...

SEGA recently opened a new teaser site:

http://next39.sega.jp/

There are massive signs that this is a new Hatsune Miku game.

1) Numbers 3 and 9 in Japanese can be read together as "Miku"
2) The colors of those lines are also the colors of the Vocaloid cast. The aquamarine line one is Miku, both yellow is Rin and Len, pink is Luka, blue is Kaito, and red is Meiko.

Hopefully a PS4/Vita title this time.

I want to see a Project DIVA arcade port on PC tbh, but probably not going to happen since the majority of japan has crappy pc's running windows 98 or lower

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X for PS4/Vita Announced

Release Dates - Japan: Vita: March 2016/PS4: 2016

Official Website for game: http://miku.sega.jp/x/gaiyo.html

Opening song by: ryo(supercell)

Producers:
40mP, cosMo@Bousou-P, DECO*27, DIVELA/Osamu, Giga-P, Heavenz, Hachi, Hachioji-P, Hitoshizuku-P x Yama, JimmyThumb-P, koyori (Denpol-P), Kurousa-P (WhiteFlame), livetune, Live-P, Lamaze-P, malo, MARETU, mikumix, Mitchie M, Mikito-P, n.k, Neru, n-buna, OSTER project, PolyphonicBranch, Pinocchio-P, rerulili x Moja , Shin-P, Treow(ELECTROCUTICA), Tripshots, Toa, Tohma, wowaka, Yuuyu-P, Yuyoyuppe

Trailer:

===

wowaka, Mitchie M, Hachioji-P and livetune are one of my favorite producers for Hatsune Miku, so I'm glad their songs for Miku will be in the game!

Ugh raspberry monster. Don't like that song very much. Can't wait to see the rest of the tracklist and we finally get a GigaP song! I expect to see drop pop candy since most of the len songs are too lewd and we haven't seen a Rin and Luka duet since the idolmaster DLC in Project DIVA 2nd. Or childish war for another rin&len duet