Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014 Reboot)

Carbo

WTF they look horrible....

Seriously if they wanted to go for a more realistic look why couldn't they do something like this:

tmnt-out-of-the-shadows.jpg  

And I don't even like Out Of The Shadows look that much, but it's at least tolerable.

Really how could the people in charge of design of the movie ones said after finishing them "yeah that looks good". 

Ugh no thanks! Even the Out of the Shadows look is ugly. DX I don't even know why they went realistic in the first place, it looks wrong. And yeah, my problem with the movie's Turtles is that they are way too big and look more like adults than teenagers. Ninjas are supposed to be nimble and agile, not loud and heavy.

And some of these plot changes too...this is going to be bad.

I actually quite like the second one. It's closer to the old Jim Henson suits and a lot of standard TMNT artwork (especially by guys like Michael Dooney) and more realistic than these hyper-detailed, deformed humanoid faces they actually do have in this movie. Hell, I'd have taken faces similar to A.C. Farley's Turtles, which are admittedly a little ugly, but they're still cool looking and recognizable enough for me without the creepy uncanny valley effect. Or even the Next Mutation designs, as terrible as that show is, they still felt more like the TMNT than the Platinum Dunes designs do.

Monk is now Splinter, this actualy has me interested, I really enjoy Tony Shalhoub as an actor

http://screenrant.com/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-voice-cast-knoxville-shalhoub/

‘TMNT’: Johnny Knoxville to Voice Leonardo, Tony Shalhoub to Voice Splinter

Published by H. Shaw-Williams

Leonardo-in-TMNT-teaser-trailer.jpg

Whether we’re ready or not, Jonathan Liebesman’s big-budget Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot is on the way this summer. The pizza-loving heroes have been given a redesign, Megan Fox has been given the role of April O’Neill, and fans of the franchise are watching each new reveal with a mixture of intrigue and wariness.

Although the first teaser trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was released last week, the casting wasn’t quite complete at the time. A new announcement has revealed that Leonardo and Splinter will each be played by two different actors: their previously confirmed motion capture performers on set and some very familiar names in the recording studio.

Deadline reports that group leader Leonardo will be voiced by daredevil Johnny Knoxville, who was most recently seen playing the titular character in Bad Grandpa, the latest feature film from the Jackass crew. Knoxville is best known for putting himself in the path of danger in the name of glorious stupidity on Jackass, but has had a handful of acting roles in films such such as Men in Black II and The Dukes of Hazzard.

Knoxville isn’t the only new addition to the cast. Splinter, the turtles’ wise old rat mentor, will be voiced by Tony Shalhoub, who also appeared in the Men in Black franchise as well as in many other roles on both the big and small screens. Interestingly, the motion capture performer for Splinter, Danny Woodburn, once had a guest starring role on Shalhoub’s detective series Monk, so they’re practically old friends.

Tony-Shalhoub-to-voice-Splinter-in-Teena

It’s not unusual for voice actors to be announced a long way into a film’s production (just look at Guardians of the Galaxy), and not all of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles‘ footage is yet in the can, with reshoots currently still ongoing. It’s possible, therefore, that we may hear further voice cast announcements for Raphael, Donatello and Michaelangelo, all of whom are being played by actors who are best known for TV guest star roles or minor supporting roles (read: aren’t exactly household names).

According to Deadline‘s inside sources, the turtle actors were only guaranteed physical performances and that the studio is “always open to changing the voicing component” of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was a little unusual that the principal class was fleshed out by so many unknowns, so it would make sense for Paramount to hire better-known actors to lend their voices to the turtles.

In the eventuality that further casting does take place, tell us in the comments which actors you think would be perfect for the voices of Raphael, Donatello and Michaelangelo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is set for release on August 8, 2014.

Source: Deadline

I...what? So the suit actors for the Turtles, the ones they made such a big deal about, aren't voicing them? Huh, I wouldn't have expected that, not in this day and age. Not that it's unheard of, especially since even TMNT has a history of this with the movies, I just assumeed the suit actors to also be providing the voices.

I'm amused at the idea of Tony Shaloub playing Splinter, but even he can't save this movie in my mind, and I liked him on Monk.

Huh. Why get the actors over random martial artists then? Surely it would've been cheaper?

Also, Johnny Knoxville as Leonardo? huh.png

I actually like how Leonardo looks... even if he looks more like a dinosaur this time around.

Leo looks pretty good in that shot. I'm not a fan of the nostrils, but they work fine there.

His shell looks too high, though.

Watching that trailer makes me think that they wanted TMNT to look and act like Bayformers, just because the film is being produced by Michael Bay's production company, Platinum Dunes. I'm not surprised about that though. I'm just expecting to see random ass fireworks going all over the place in slowmo explosion sequences for no reason. The Turtles look... okay-ish I guess. I was honestly expecting much worse. However, they're loud and gargantuan looking like tanks when they're supposed to be small, quiet and agile.The Foot Clan are now a bunch of SWAT guys instead of being ninjas.. because Michael Bay. (I swear some of them look like they're wearing the Immortal masks from 300) Shredder is now a stereotypical business tycoon man. And I'm not even gonna comment on Megan Fox playing April O'Neil. dry.png

Not looking forward to this film at all.

Edited by Electro Pipe

Can someone please tell Bay to just work the cameras and nothing else? That's practically all he's good at.

This looks horrid.

Can someone please tell Bay to just work the cameras and nothing else? That's practically all he's good at.

This looks horrid.

Actualy he is only the producer on this one, admittedly the director is the guy who did battle LA though

True, but it hardly matters when Bay's name is being plastered more than Liebsman's when it comes to how this thing's advertised.

True, but it hardly matters when Bay's name is being plastered more than Liebsman's when it comes to how this thing's advertised.

Well to be fair I think anyone with common sense wouldn't want to be recognized for this movie.

But I guess that's my perspective.

Actualy he is only the producer on this one, admittedly the director is the guy who did battle LA though

And being "producer" means he has final say on everything, so I don't think it's unfair to blame Bay for some of the questionable decisions made for this movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah... I think we all know how I'm going to react at this point. Not surprised by anything PR's throwing at us now because I just saw this shit coming a long time ago.

Granted, I think the movie will be fun in its own way... its own shitty way... but this is just not what I want for the TMNT at all.

Also, cripes these Turtles are freakin' huge. How the hell do they even go down those manholes? Remember in the second movie when Tokka got stuck? That's what I'm thinking about.

Ugh.

I remember how, back inside the original 1980ies cartoon, the citizens of New York city were complaining about the Turtles being "scary and smelly"... So technically, the Turtles were intended to appear scary by the original scriptwriters despite the somewhat cutesy and lovable first appearance to us in the original audience.

However, I do feel that Michael Bay has went too far to the point of where it's just too repulsive and discourages me from wanting to see the film. He has overdone what the original creators had unintentionally underdone. 

Personally I feel that mutated turtles should retain turtle-like noses instead of having out-of-place human-like noses randomly plastered on. Those human-like noses look as unfitting as a piece of meat inside a dessert meal.