Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Direct - April 8 [11PM BST / 6PM EST]

Carbo

April 8th? When since does Nintendo announce Directs more than a day in advance? Anyway, I can't wait to see what's revealed.

Most likely it's because of this that they didn't revealed veterans or characters in general during March: maybe they want to do a big reveal during this direct (as for the release date, i don't know: maybe they're saving that for E3).

Overall, i don't have specific expectations, but still i hope they will say something important.

They might reveal game modes. I don't think they've spoken much about those, just characters, moves, stages and items really. 

Hopefully we'll get a few new character reveals, some game modes, stages and a release date. Maybe they'll show off online mode a little too?

• Thumbs Up 1

Ooh this is very intriguing, especially as the game is still a good few months away yet. I was just expecting the odd new character reveal here and there through the Daily Pics and sprinkled into other Nintendo Directs, with a tidal wave of new info at E3, but clearly there must be something important worth revealing for them to give the game its own dedicated Direct so soon.

I'm expecting at least one new character (either a newcomer or a souped-up veteran that fundamentally changes our expectations in some way), some cool new gameplay footage and tidbits of info, and a tentative release date of "Winter 2014" or something. Anyone expecting a 100% precise date to be announced before E3 is wishful thinking my eyes, but I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong!

Yessss, I want to see some more gameplay and maybe a new mode or two.

Not too much to expect at least one or two character announcements here.

I'm pretty much always wrong whenever I predict something Nintendo announces, and usually, the things they do reveal are more interesting than the stuff I was expecting.

That in mind, I'm reckoning the show'll start with a character reveal- a veteran, probably- Ganon? And it'll end with a surprise "by the way" announcement of a newcomer. Gonna say... I dunno... Ridley or Geno? Or maybe they'll close on Snake returning. Who knows?

As for the middle bit, I'm thinking they'll detail Adventure mode, returning from Melee, and possibly show off the stage builder.

Gonna be interesting to see how wrong I am this time!

Can't wait for Bayonetta to be revealed!

Palutena might be revealed. They skipped KIU's anniversary, but we're still close to it.

Can't freaking WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIT. This is the one game that I REALLY wanted a WHOLE Direct dedicated to and I'm very eager to see everything that's revealed. :D

6PM PST means it's 9PM EST right? That's pretty late for an ND. Ah well. I'm cautiously hyped. 

Hey, maybe we'll get the Powerpuff Girls...

tumblr_n3f4ueG8Ak1tpt3rvo1_1280.png

tumblr_n3f4ueG8Ak1tpt3rvo3_1280.png

I'd like Tails and Cranky Kong to be playable in Smash though.

• Thumbs Up 1

6PM PST means it's 9PM EST right? That's pretty late for an ND. Ah well. I'm cautiously hyped. 

9PM, huh? That's late. I only have to wait until midnight.

• Thumbs Up 2

Best part of this will probably be seeing how the 3DS version is coming along.  We still get plenty of screens but hardly any video footage of that version.

Really excited for this! The Direct is probably going show off the game modes and stuff in both versions and we might get a character reveal (or two?).

As for a release date, we might get that too but I hope to God it's not been delayed in Europe like last time with Brawl.

This is fantastic news. I get the feeling dreams are gonna be realized and crushed at the same time. 

I also get the feeling that the stream's gonna be way too overloaded to watch any of this live. 

It should be 6pm EST, and 3pm PST. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm, anybody else think we might get a 2-4 new/returning character reveal to cause a hype storm?

still got a decent list of hopefuls myself:

Sami(AW)

K.Rool(DKC)

Ridley

Issac(golden sun)

(and perhaps mike jones or zoda from star tropics, but thats me)

guess we have to wait and see then ;)

Would they reveal that many characters Mando? I think we'll see two at the most; one veteran and one newcomer.

Would they reveal that many characters Mando? I think we'll see two at the most; one veteran and one newcomer.

Honestly, you never know, it all depends on how big an impact Sakurai wants to make, he could 3-4 minor characters, or 1-3 major characters and make a good impact either way

as long as he doesnt replace Captian Falcon with Captian Rainbow

I could see us getting a good 2-3 veterans out of this (c'mooon Yoshi).  For newcomers I'd expect two at the VERY most MAYBE.  Definitely safe to expect just one.

• Thumbs Up 3

Since its a direct devoted only TO Smash Bros., my bet is on a FEW character reveals, perhaps some returning vets, and also game modes and maybe even a release date.

I do think that due to the timing, now would be the best opportunity to reveal a Golden Sun and Advance Wars character. Both games are getting re-released this month, so now's a great time to show them off and promote those games, and if they get enough attention they may get new games coming out later, as well.

I can't see more than two new characters getting revealed, and if we do get them, I think we'd be getting handheld characters. Although if a new third-party is in, I'd say they won't get revealed until E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I don't care WHAT we get as long as there's a healthy amount of uncut footage in there. We've barely had any of that.

• Thumbs Up 2