Awoo.

The Swashbuckling Console War Regiment Musketeers

The drunkard from space!

I have no clue if this kind of topic is allowed here, especially in Miscellaneous, but I've been thinking of forming together a let's play group for Sonic games as well as others (i.e A link to the past). I already have one person on board to do this with me all I need are others. I was thinking of a total of four people and each part of a let's play I could upload onto this topic to keep it going.

Much like Brainscratch we would share a single YouTube account (A new one of course) where we would upload RAWS and meet up on Skype to commentate over it to make the actual part.

Who's with me?

EDIT: The group is finally put together and we have a new name: "Console War Regiment"! Finally a let's play group to represent the great SSMB!

Featuring but not limited to in no specific order: Princess Ganondorf, Dark Star Ganon, Jovahexeon Oz, and Teoskaven. Of course if any of you want to join us feel free to give us a PM! 

The first few games we plan to tackle is the original Sonic the Hedgehog trilogy for SEGA Megadrive/Genesis. After that we're unsure what games we plan to commentate on so we'll leave that for you guys and gals to decide!

EDIT 2: Of course every new video will be uploaded to this topic.

• Thumbs Up 5

Just help work me through how to work Skype ( I have it on my PC) and I'm game! Maybe later, we might even be able to cycle through who plays the games (granted by then I learn how to professionally record gaming by then). SO yeah, I guess I'm in.

So long as my schedule allows it of course.

Sure thing I'll help you with Skype! Of course we'll be taking turns for who plays which games as one person doing all of the work would be unfair. Everyone on the team will have to discuss schedules to find which will be the best time to record each part.

Hmmmmm I've never done a lets play, but I don't exactly have a powerful pc at my disposal, at best I could record some snes, ps1, n64, nes, genesis, (and anything older than that, that has an emulator on my pc). I've been looking into a capture device though, like the hd pvr rocket or Live gamer portable and I've at least got a ps4 right now to record ps4 games. Only problem is I'm not exactly dedicated, unless the game has something good about it; even then I still haven't finished any playthroughs.

I've only done two, but point is I never finished them.

This walkthrough of super mario 74 (a sm64 hack) only had 2 parts released before I got bored.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTs0vUdn3WQ

Everything for the sonic chrono adventure walkthrough was recorded, I just never bothered to upload the rest.

Oh and then there's college...

One of the pros about group lets plays is that your partners won't let you finish a game halfway XD. Also recording from an emulator is perfectly fine as long as the quality is as good as the videos you've showcased above.

If you and Jova are interested then we've officially got four people. The second person doesn't go to SSMB (anymore) but trust me he's very cool! Speedhog you have a Skype yes?

I would totally do this but well, I'm young, don't have a mic, and no recording device.

Word of advice - your channel would probably be better if you start a group with people you know, rather than get to know people for your channel. Conversation and commentary will feel more natural that way. Done it before myself a few years ago and it didn't quite pan out for a variety of reasons. You have to know that everyone involved will have the time and dedication for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

If there's space left, i might be interested.

Word of advice - your channel would probably be better if you start a group with people you know, rather than get to know people for your channel. Conversation and commentary will feel more natural that way. Done it before myself a few years ago and it didn't quite pan out for a variety of reasons. You have to know that everyone involved will have the time and dedication for it.

I did this the first time and honestly, it ended horribly. Brainscratch once said that when they formed their group they didn't know each other very well if at all so I figured I'd take that approach.

• Thumbs Up 2

I tried doing an LP of After the Sequel because I became a little obsessed... and I found it was much harder to find things to say than I previously thought. Needless to say, it sucked. So I would say be prepared!

I would also advise having a look at Clement's channel; somewhere he has a video on recording LPs. He has some nice tips and stuff.

I have a really bad flemish accent. Sooo...

I guess give me a call should you play a game that you think I know more about as guest or something.

I did this the first time and honestly, it ended horribly. Brainscratch once said that when they formed their group they didn't know each other very well if at all so I figured I'd take that approach.

I yeah I also know that feeling, for a year I' trying to work with a few of my friends on a project like this and just doesn't work sometimes. To a point where I actually got mad to one of them and now our relationship is really flimsy.

It's not easing doing a kind of project like this, so while I'm not sure if I can help give me a call if you need any. Maybe I'll be able to lend some assistancehappy.png  

I would hope to try out but three things:

1) I'm 16, not sure if that'll be a disadvantage or not

2) I'm British, so same as above

3) I'm limited to recording with emulators and certain PC games

Oh yeah, i forgot one thing: my PC is really old, so i'm not sure i can record from it.

I would hope to try out but three things:

2) I'm British, so same as above

But British accents are awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

Meh, being 16 shouldn't  be too much of a problem, lest there be parental issues, and your other problem's akin to my standing with how unfamiliar I am with projecting the gaming onto the tube for PC viewing, so I'm confident that can be fixed as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm 16 and it really doesn't have much of an effect on how my LP group does commentaries. It's all just a matter of trying to schedule when to do a good commentary, as all of us live in a different country. Trust me, it's fun, but if you're starting a new group, I recommenced finding someone who is readily available at the same times as all of you.

But yeah, best of luck to you. I would be interested in joining, but I'm already committed to another group. If y'all ever needed guests, I would love to participate, but it's your group, and I can't tell you how to do your job. 

Of course guests are always welcome! The more the merrier! Age should never restrict someone from being apart of a let's play. Clement does do a ton of nice let's plays, we could take some cues from him especially when it comes to giving out game tips.

• Thumbs Up 2

Of course guests are always welcome! The more the merrier! Age should never restrict someone from being apart of a let's play. Clement does do a ton of nice let's plays, we could take some cues from him especially when it comes to giving out game tips.

In that case, if Comm group size and aforementioned problems /aren't/ a problem, then I'd love to join.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're going to need a name and something of a basic, but adjustable schedule of course. And god, I hope the sound quality on my Windows 8.1 Skye will do the trick for moi.

I'd love to join, but there's two problems:

1, no mic.

2, my mom only allows me to Skype with people I know personally.

That's great to hear. From what I've gathered, it's you Jova, and Apollo on board so far. Sounds like great stuff, you guys seem like you'll have a lot to say and I think your personalities and interests will work well off of each other, judging by what I've seen/know of you here. Seriously, good luck, and if I'm ever needed as a guest, I look forward to popping up and meeting you personally (eh, so to speak). 

All's I can say is, don't go past 4 members as your main commentary crew. Trust me, my group ended up with 6, and it became such a total clusterfuck that we had to end up rebooting to 3. Again, I can't tell you how to do your job, but you don't want hordes of people interrupting.

Otherwise, you seem to have it covered. Best of luck to you, and I can't wait to see how it pans out.

• Thumbs Up 2

All's I can say is, don't go past 4 members as your main commentary crew. Trust me, my group ended up with 6, and it became such a total clusterfuck that we had to end up rebooting to 3. Again, I can't tell you how to do your job, but you don't want hordes of people interrupting.

The old commentary group I was in went to at least 8 so I perfectly understand what a clusterfuck it can be. The only time we'll go above 4 is when we have a guest commentator. 

Also, changed the OP!

• Thumbs Up 2

As of tonight, I am now in the possession of a Plantronics headset and I look forward to seeing what it can do tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 2