Awoo.

Wii U discussion and upcoming news

Sean

We're getting return to dreamland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh and squeak squad and Crystal shards(though I have the wii dream collection so I don't really need that one)

http://gonintendo.com/stories/239410-na-kirby-64-squeak-squad-return-to-dream-land-hitting-wii-u-v

NA - Kirby 64, Squeak Squad, Return to Dream Land hitting Wii U VC this week

29 July, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 1

k1.png
k2.png
k3.png

Thanks to TheDreamingHawk for the heads up!

Ha, was just coming to post that. I was hoping Return to Dreamland would be one of the titles. Really happy that was confirmed.

I wonder, will the game be the usual "$10 the first week (or however long it was), $20 after" deal like the first three Wii releases were?

No, since the later Wii releases in Europe had no such promotion.

Not gonna grab anything since I own every main Kirby game, but I'll have Dream Collection loaded up for the next few days

Ha, was just coming to post that. I was hoping Return to Dreamland would be one of the titles. Really happy that was confirmed.

I wonder, will the game be the usual "$10 the first week (or however long it was), $20 after" deal like the first three Wii releases were?

It was only for the initial batch.

Xenoblade Chronicles is on the EU Wii Virtual Console, and because it's a Classic Controller game, you can use the Gamepad.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, we might've just gotten our NA releases confirmed for this week (or at least two of them):

http://nintendoeverything.com/golden-sun-the-lost-age-onimusha-tactics-likely-hitting-the-na-wii-u-vc-tomorrow/

Well, all I can say is...

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME! I've been waiting FOREVER for Golden Sun: The Lost Age to come out in NA. I think I have just enough money to get it, too. I was hoping it'd be this week, since the series anniversary was on the first of the month (yeah, in NA and Europe it didn't come out until later, but the game first released in Japan on August 1st).

• 2 weeks later...

So no VC release this week in NA, just Pandora's Tower

Also for next week here's some fun deals for us Americans

...Crystal Shards got a release date? Holy shit, why did no one tell me this? I haven't played that game in years and I've really been wanting to give it a go again.

So no VC release this week in NA, just Pandora's Tower

Also for next week here's some fun deals for us Americans

I hope that discount on Dream Team gets to Europe too: i wanted that game for a long time, yet i never managed to find it (phisically or digitally) under 40 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

So, here's Nintendo's upcoming releases on Wii U for 2015.

• Disney Infinity 3.0 (30th August)
  • Super Mario Maker (11th September)
  • Skylanders: Superchargers (20th September)
  • LEGO: Dimensions (27th September)
  • New Super Mario Bros. + Luigi U (16th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World (16th October)
  • Just Dance 2016 (20th October)
  • Guitar Hero Live (20th October)
  • Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (22nd October)
  • Star Fox Zero (20th November)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (4th December)
  • Devil's Third (11th December)
  • Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival (Holiday)
  • Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash (Holiday)

So Mario U and Luigi U are gonnabe sold in one bundle now?

There's so many ways to play New Super Luigi U....

So Mario U and Luigi U are gonnabe sold in one bundle now?

There's so many ways to play New Super Luigi U....

They were sold like this in the WIi U bundle, but idk what Nintendo are planning for it like this.

Well, this is interesting

Question about VS. Excitebike is it the obscure Famcion disk system game(that had custom vourses and multiplayer), the arcade version or a new updated version or what?

Edited by Mando

Well, this is interesting

Question about VS. Excitebike is it the obscure Famcion disk system game(that had custom vourses and multiplayer), the arcade version or a new updated version or what?

According to NWR, it's the FDS version. Kinda neat they're digging out games that were Japan-only and giving them new life via the eShop. Excitebike's not really my thing, but it's great for everyone that would want this edition of the game.

I am wondering if they're still doing their big RPG push this week. I still have my fingers crossed the original Xenoblade will pop up for the Wii U, but I'm getting the impression that's over with now.

According to NWR, it's the FDS version. Kinda neat they're digging out games that were Japan-only and giving them new life via the eShop. Excitebike's not really my thing, but it's great for everyone that would want this edition of the game.

I am wondering if they're still doing their big RPG push this week. I still have my fingers crossed the original Xenoblade will pop up for the Wii U, but I'm getting the impression that's over with now.

'Eh, I think we'll probably get Xenoblade, if not, we'll get two more older RPG's to finish off the month. I doubt that's over with at this point. Plus since its the Holiday season coming up they'll probably continue releasing a lot of VC releases over the next few months, they took a break for Summer for the most part (except for the Kirby anniversary).

For those interested, both Sin & Punishment for the N64 and Sin & Punishment: Star Successor are heading to the Wii U. No release date yet, but if the ESRB ratings are finalized, they're probably around the corner. (source)

Pretty good news, for me. I'm thinking about eventually transferring my stuff from my Wii over to my Wii U, and I'd love to get an upgrade for the first game.

Wow, that's cool. Nice. So we're getting another Wii U game and another N64 title this week. Not an RPG, but I'd consider them sort of "hardcore" games since they're relative unknowns (they never said every game this month would be an RPG).

Not sure if I'll get them, but cool that they're adding both.

Well you European's are lucky this week, not only do you get 3 VC games, but you get the entire Star Tropics saga

http://gonintendo.com/stories/241644-this-week-s-european-downloads-september-3-runbow-gunman-cliv

This week's European downloads - September 3 (Runbow, Gunman Clive HD and more)

31 August, 2015 by nintendaan | Comments: 2

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Runbow (13AM Games) - €13.99/£10.99 (€11.89/£9.34 if you downloaded the Nindies@Home Preview)

Runbow is a fast-paced action party game for up to 9 players. The world changes with each swipe of the background colour and players must think fast as obstacles appear and disappear with the changing backgrounds. Challenge friends in six Game Modes – King of the Hill, Arena, Run, or ColourMaster, or dominate Runbow’s colourful world on your own or co-operatively in Adventure and Bowhemoth.

Gunman Clive HD Collection (Horberg Productions) - €3.99/£3.59
The Nintendo 3DS indie hits Gunman Clive 1 & 2 are finally coming to Wii U in one complete package. Gunman Clive is an old-school side-scrolling action platform game set in the old west. In the year of 18XX, the west is overrun by thugs and outlaws. A group of bandits have kidnapped Mayor Johnson’s daughter and are spreading havoc across the land. Gunman Clive must rescue the girl and bring order to the west, then finish the fight in Gunman Clive 2. His battle against the bandits takes him all around the world and beyond. Jump and shoot your way across diverse and challenging levels and fight massive bosses. Bring out your inner cowboy and get ready for some real gunslinger action.

Zombie Defense (Teyon) - €7.99/£7.19
The dead burst forth from the earth, and beneath a blackened sky an endless horde of zombies rampage across the burning corpse of our dying civilization. You are humanity's last hope. Use classic RTS/tower-defence strategies and tactics to fight against zombies. Gather soldiers, outfit them with lethal weaponry, use new destructive technologies and march to victory in two game modes and 35 deadly missions. Defeat waves of shambling walkers, creeping monstrosities and massive mutant zombie bosses as every weapon of the modern military arsenal is at your disposal. Earn money and upgrade to more effective weapons, vehicles and airstrikes, hire ruthless soldiers and develop killer technologies.

Sin and Punishment (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99
The classic shooter can be yours once again! The legendary studio Treasure delivers a masterpiece of game design that stands as one of the all-time greatest shooters. Sin and Punishment tasks you as a young resistance fighter battling Ruffians – mutants bred for food who turned against their masters – and also facing corrupt military forces in your quest to save the planet. Originally released only in Japan for Nintendo 64, Sin and Punishment is available once again via Virtual Console, updated with English menu and tutorial text, and English subtitles in the ending sequence.

StarTropics (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Mike Jones is an ordinary kid on an extraordinary adventure. When his archaeologist uncle goes missing on a tropical island, Mike sets off to uncover the dark secrets lurking in paradise. StarTropics boasts two styles of gameplay: explore the island on foot or in your uncle’s submarine, and battle monsters using a variety of weapons and items. The original NES release included a letter in the game box, with a hidden message. For the Virtual Console version, this has been reproduced in the electronic manual. This is the US version of the game.

Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Mike Jones, high-school ace pitcher and part-time adventurer, returns for another escapade; travelling not into space but back in time. This sequel to StarTropics was released only in North America as one of the last NES titles. Mike is transported through history from the Stone Age to the Wild West. Meet historical figures like Leonardo da Vinci and Cleopatra, and face the avengers of Zoda – the alien leader whom Mike defeated in his first adventure. Could Zoda be ready to rise again? This is the US version of the game.

Special offers
Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) - €11.99/£9.49 (Ends September 10, normally €29.99/£23.99)
Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) - €5.99/£4.99 (Ends October 1, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Blok Drop U (RCMADIAX) - €0.50/£0.45 (Ends September 30, normally €1.49/£1.29)
Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion (RCMADIAX) - €1.00/£0.90 (Ends September 30, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Tabletop Gallery (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39 (Ends September 30, normally €4.49/£4.09)
Nevr Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (E-line Media) - €9.99/£8.59 (Ends September 17, normally €14.99/£12.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Little Battlers eXperience (Nintendo, available September 4) - €39.99/£34.99

Collect, build and battle your own palm-sized robots in Little Battlers eXperience, a futuristic RPG with real-time action fights on Nintendo 3DS family systems. Discover millions of ways to create your own ultimate battle robot.

Proun+ Demo (Engine Software) - Free
In Proun+ you guide a ball racing along a pipe while dodging obstacles. Five different speeds, from Relaxed to Speed of Light, mean this game is suitable for both casual and hardcore gamers, so anyone can enjoy it. The levels are accompanied by jazz-rock music specially written for Proun+. Make no mistake - this game will be a hard challenge at top speed!

SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson: Waist-Deep (Marvelous Europe, Add-on Content) - €4.99/£4.49

Special offers
Rayman Origins (Ubisoft) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends September 10, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €5.20/£4.70 (Ends September 24, normally €6.99/£6.29)
Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends September 24, normally €3.99/£3.19)
World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends September 24, normally €4.99/£3.99)
WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends September 24, normally €2.99/£2.49)
Proun+ (Engine Software) - €3.99/£3.50 (Permanent, was €5.99/£5.39)

Well you European's are lucky this week, not only do you get 3 VC games, but you get the entire Star Tropics saga

http://gonintendo.com/stories/241644-this-week-s-european-downloads-september-3-runbow-gunman-cliv

This week's European downloads - September 3 (Runbow, Gunman Clive HD and more)

31 August, 2015 by nintendaan | Comments: 2

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Runbow (13AM Games) - €13.99/£10.99 (€11.89/£9.34 if you downloaded the Nindies@Home Preview)

Runbow is a fast-paced action party game for up to 9 players. The world changes with each swipe of the background colour and players must think fast as obstacles appear and disappear with the changing backgrounds. Challenge friends in six Game Modes – King of the Hill, Arena, Run, or ColourMaster, or dominate Runbow’s colourful world on your own or co-operatively in Adventure and Bowhemoth.

Gunman Clive HD Collection (Horberg Productions) - €3.99/£3.59
The Nintendo 3DS indie hits Gunman Clive 1 & 2 are finally coming to Wii U in one complete package. Gunman Clive is an old-school side-scrolling action platform game set in the old west. In the year of 18XX, the west is overrun by thugs and outlaws. A group of bandits have kidnapped Mayor Johnson’s daughter and are spreading havoc across the land. Gunman Clive must rescue the girl and bring order to the west, then finish the fight in Gunman Clive 2. His battle against the bandits takes him all around the world and beyond. Jump and shoot your way across diverse and challenging levels and fight massive bosses. Bring out your inner cowboy and get ready for some real gunslinger action.

Zombie Defense (Teyon) - €7.99/£7.19
The dead burst forth from the earth, and beneath a blackened sky an endless horde of zombies rampage across the burning corpse of our dying civilization. You are humanity's last hope. Use classic RTS/tower-defence strategies and tactics to fight against zombies. Gather soldiers, outfit them with lethal weaponry, use new destructive technologies and march to victory in two game modes and 35 deadly missions. Defeat waves of shambling walkers, creeping monstrosities and massive mutant zombie bosses as every weapon of the modern military arsenal is at your disposal. Earn money and upgrade to more effective weapons, vehicles and airstrikes, hire ruthless soldiers and develop killer technologies.

Sin and Punishment (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99
The classic shooter can be yours once again! The legendary studio Treasure delivers a masterpiece of game design that stands as one of the all-time greatest shooters. Sin and Punishment tasks you as a young resistance fighter battling Ruffians – mutants bred for food who turned against their masters – and also facing corrupt military forces in your quest to save the planet. Originally released only in Japan for Nintendo 64, Sin and Punishment is available once again via Virtual Console, updated with English menu and tutorial text, and English subtitles in the ending sequence.

StarTropics (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Mike Jones is an ordinary kid on an extraordinary adventure. When his archaeologist uncle goes missing on a tropical island, Mike sets off to uncover the dark secrets lurking in paradise. StarTropics boasts two styles of gameplay: explore the island on foot or in your uncle’s submarine, and battle monsters using a variety of weapons and items. The original NES release included a letter in the game box, with a hidden message. For the Virtual Console version, this has been reproduced in the electronic manual. This is the US version of the game.

Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£4.49
Mike Jones, high-school ace pitcher and part-time adventurer, returns for another escapade; travelling not into space but back in time. This sequel to StarTropics was released only in North America as one of the last NES titles. Mike is transported through history from the Stone Age to the Wild West. Meet historical figures like Leonardo da Vinci and Cleopatra, and face the avengers of Zoda – the alien leader whom Mike defeated in his first adventure. Could Zoda be ready to rise again? This is the US version of the game.

Special offers
Rayman Legends (Ubisoft) - €11.99/£9.49 (Ends September 10, normally €29.99/£23.99)
Master Reboot (Wales Interactive) - €5.99/£4.99 (Ends October 1, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Blok Drop U (RCMADIAX) - €0.50/£0.45 (Ends September 30, normally €1.49/£1.29)
Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion (RCMADIAX) - €1.00/£0.90 (Ends September 30, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Tabletop Gallery (RCMADIAX) - €1.49/£1.39 (Ends September 30, normally €4.49/£4.09)
Nevr Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (E-line Media) - €9.99/£8.59 (Ends September 17, normally €14.99/£12.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Little Battlers eXperience (Nintendo, available September 4) - €39.99/£34.99

Collect, build and battle your own palm-sized robots in Little Battlers eXperience, a futuristic RPG with real-time action fights on Nintendo 3DS family systems. Discover millions of ways to create your own ultimate battle robot.

Proun+ Demo (Engine Software) - Free
In Proun+ you guide a ball racing along a pipe while dodging obstacles. Five different speeds, from Relaxed to Speed of Light, mean this game is suitable for both casual and hardcore gamers, so anyone can enjoy it. The levels are accompanied by jazz-rock music specially written for Proun+. Make no mistake - this game will be a hard challenge at top speed!

SENRAN KAGURA 2: Deep Crimson: Waist-Deep (Marvelous Europe, Add-on Content) - €4.99/£4.49

Special offers
Rayman Origins (Ubisoft) - €5.99/£5.39 (Ends September 10, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Art of Balance TOUCH! (Shin'en Multimedia) - €5.20/£4.70 (Ends September 24, normally €6.99/£6.29)
Witch & Hero (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.59 (Ends September 24, normally €3.99/£3.19)
World Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.99/£3.19 (Ends September 24, normally €4.99/£3.99)
WAKEDAS (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99/£1.69 (Ends September 24, normally €2.99/£2.49)
Proun+ (Engine Software) - €3.99/£3.50 (Permanent, was €5.99/£5.39)

I already have Sin & Punishment on the Wii. Can anybody tell me how to do the update to the Wii U version to it?

The two StarTropics games coming is cool and I might get Gunman Clive HD. I've been wanting to get the 3DS version, but I never had enough monely left after getting other things.

I already have Sin & Punishment on the Wii. Can anybody tell me how to do the update to the Wii U version to it?

The two StarTropics games coming is cool and I might get Gunman Clive HD. I've been wanting to get the 3DS version, but I never had enough monely left after getting other things.

If you've done the system transfer from Wii to Wii U, then you can upgrade your VC games, if there's a Wii U equivalent available, from the eShop for a discounted price.

Edited by Zaysho

Thanks. That's simpler than I imagined. I'll probably wait until a new Smash Bros character comes along to get a new card, but it's good to know.

Now get Mario RPG on the Wii U VC, Nintendo :U

• 1 month later...

You guys in Europe have a nice lineup this week, you get VC and a wii release: Mario Sports Mix with a discount, which makes it a whole lot cheaper than a physical copy

http://gonintendo.com/stories/243982-this-week-s-european-downloads-october-8-starwhal-tons-of-vc#comments

This week's European downloads - October 8 (Starwhal, tons of VC games and more)

05 October, 2015 by nintendaan | Comments: 5

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

Starwhal (Breakfall) - €9.99/£8.99

This Digital Entertainment Object for Home Console Hardware is all about love, respect, and ALL-OUT MAYHEM. Inspired by countless couch-gaming gatherings over the decades, Breakfall developed something competitive, creative, and immediately fun. STARWHAL is the number one local multiplayer couch gaming experience featuring marine mammals in outer space.

Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo, Wii DL) - €14.99/£13.49 (Ends October 15, normally €19.99/£17.99)
Pick characters from the worlds of both Nintendo and Square Enix or your favourite Mii characters as up to four players enjoy zany versions of Volleyball, Dodgeball, Hockey and Basketball. Use the Wii Remote to pull off special moves as you tackle challenges the whole family will find intuitive to get to grips with. Let the games begin!

Whispering Willows (Abstraction Games) - €9.99/£7.99
In Whispering Willows, you take on the role of Elena, a determined young girl with the extraordinary ability to project her spirit outside of her body. In her spectral form, Elena can interact with the benevolent spirits and wicked wraiths that used to dwell within the walls of the sinister Willows Mansion - lost souls, stuck in time and space, who hold the secrets that Elena will need to traverse the terrifying old manor. Players need to make use of Elena’s corporeal and ethereal forms to overcome obstacles, solve the riddles of the mansion’s enigmatic spectres, and find Elena’s lost father.

Mario Golf (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99/£8.99
Tee off with Mario and friends as they put a new spin on golf! Choose from 14 different characters, each with their own power and swing styles. You can even taunt opponents to break their concentration! Mario Golf is packed with features, including 10 different modes (such as Tournament, Speed Golf and even Mini-Golf), and six different courses to play through by earning Experience Points to progress. With easy-to-learn gameplay and a four-player competitive mode, anyone can get into the swing of Mario Golf!

Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures (BANDAI NAMCO Games, SNES VC) - €7.99/£5.49
Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures is an innovative interactive cartoon centred around the classic game star and his hilarious escapades. However Pac-Man has a mind of his own, and is prone to wandering into danger, so make sure you guide him safely: whether you’re just hanging out in the arcade, hang-gliding or minecart riding! Also there are two full, classic Pac-Man games to discover and enjoy: the original arcade Pac-Man and its sequel Ms. Pac-Man.

Dig Dug II (BANDAI NAMCO Games, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49
After Dig Dug’s hero decides to take a well-earned vacation, there’s soon trouble in paradise as his old enemies return to wreak havoc with his holiday. It’s up to you to get rid of these irritating intruders and bring some tranquillity back to the idyllic island. Dig Dug II transports the action from underground to the surface, as you defeat enemies by inflating them with your trusty pump, or use your new jackhammer to drill fault lines to create cracks and sink parts of the island into the water – taking enemies with them!

Pocky & Rocky with Becky (Natsume Inc., GBA VC) - €6.99/£6.29
When an evil hydra monster is awakened from its long slumber, fearsome mythical creatures are unleashed across the land. It’s up to the heroine Pocky, her racoon pal Rocky and their new friend Becky to stop the evil hydra’s plans! Choose from one of three characters and embark on a fantastical but dangerous adventure. Collect magical items and power-ups to battle your way through fearsome bosses and finally to the ultimate showdown with the dreaded hydra!

Special offers
Citizens of Earth (Atlus) - €4.99/£4.00 (Ends October 22, normally €11.99/£9.99)
Little Inferno (Tomorrow Corporation) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends October 15, normally €9.99/£8.99)

I can't believe we're getting the GBA Pocky and Rocky game. It's a series played best in co-op and we get the game where we can't play multiplayer. -.-

Looks like we may indeed be getting Twilight Princess HD:

https://youtu.be/R-iJVBt1CvU

So apparently a menu icon for Twilight Princess has been found in the Wii U eshop from a hacker who was crawling the store. So of course, does this hint at a rerelease of some kind?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1123442

The icon in question:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRJmFRrU8AAze6o.png:orig

Note that Wii VC games have a white border with Wii written on them and their pictures are the title screens of the game.

The game's ID is "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Twilight Princess HD"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CRJmFRrVAAQW1xN.png:orig

To add to the fire, a while ago Walmart updated their Nintendo section with a new render of Twilight Princess Link:

http://cdn.nintendonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/retailers_classic_red_nintendo_logo_banners_1.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=181455288&postcount=386

Seems too late for an announcement for this year, but what with next year being the game's 10th anniversary (And the series' 30th), it could release in the first or second quarter with Zelda U late next year, similar to MM3D and Triforce Heroes this year.

Edited by Marcello