Awoo.

y9tx.jpg

Ice Cream!  One of the most glorious of sweets, creamy yet refreshing on a hot day, the bread and butter of desserts! Sorry bread and butter pudding you're awful.

This here is a topic to discuss Ice Cream and similar frozen treats like sorbet or soy ice cream.  What are your favourites?  Tell us about something delicious new you tried lately or your favourite desserts to eat ice cream with, like cake or waffles.  Summer is on the way so there's no excuse to not get lickin' and spoonin'.  Just remember kids, an entire tub of Ben & Jerrys is not a portion size for one.

So come discuss this beautiful creation of mankind.

Whether you're into sundaes with their appealing design and plentiful components...

d41s.jpg

Gelato and all of its gorgeous and varied flavours...

eyd8.jpg

Or even simply the artistry involved in the creation of these elegant products...

72so.jpg

You can talk about it here.

I have some things to gush about of my own but I'll come back and post later so as to not clutter the OP.

• Thumbs Up 7

It's Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's.

http://www.benjerry.com/scoop-shops/free-cone-day

Get a scoop, you ninnies.

...Holy shit this thread was pretty well timed then I had no idea lmao.  I was just hungry.

My current obsession is these:

wuvt.jpg

I raved about them in the status updates the other day too but yeah.  The biscuit is soft as you'd expect for an ice cream sandwich but that's exactly as I hoped they'd be.  The overall flavour is just like that of an Oreo but... ice cream.  They're perfect.  The only problem is their size is almost too reasonable.  They're big enough to be satisfying but small enough that you want another an hour later.  They're as more-ish as regular oreos are aaaa.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have 2 favorites: Gold Medal Ribbon and Cookies and Cream.

Gold_Medal_Ribbon_0361l.jpg

Gold Medal Ribbon is a flavor at Baskin Robbins, that's a combo of vanilla, chocolate, and caramel.

oreosundae.jpg

Another one from Baskin Robbins is the Oreo Sundae. A mix of Cookies and Cream with Oreo bits, hot fudge, and whipped cream.

Chickfila-Mocha-Cookies-Cream-milkshake.

This delicious treat is a Oreo Milkshake available at Chick-fil-A.

Chocolate-Tallcake.jpg

This real life, sundae supreme is called the Chocolate Tallcake. It was available on Ruby Tuesday's Dessert Menu but I don't know if they sell them anymore…sad.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I have simple favorites, such as Dairy Queen's soft serve, which I actually hadn't had in a few years until the last time I saw Winter Soldier. Did not realize going into it that I'd basically devour the stuff. Also, plain chocolate ice cream is magnificent.

And these things:

18-strawberryshortcake_goodhumor_400.jpg

Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream bars are actually really damn amazing and I feel sorry for anyone who has yet to experience one. It's a cake-coated, vanilla, and sharp strawberry sensation of the gods.

Also, if you live in: Ohio, Tennessee, Illinois, South Carolina, or Georgia, get yourself to a Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams shop ASAP. Don't question it any further; just go. Order anything off the menu. Literally, anything. You can thank me later.

• Thumbs Up 3

The two ice-creams I used to love the hell out of; Fab and Twisters:

764220_fab.jpg450---Walls_Twister_Mini_Green_Naked_tcm

I'll also assume I was a weird kid and just ate these on their own:

115812011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=376ff

Crying a bit right now.

Just so you know, I used to work at Ben and Jerry's, so I'm kinda in the loop, but I haven't worked there in over a year. 

So I showed up at the Ben and Jerry's where I used to work and the line was massive... didn't think I was going to wait for it, but then my boss shows up and gives me a special ticket that lets me get to the front of the line! He then said that I'm always "one of them," so it was basically on the house.  

He then gave me a second pass for later, and a card that gives me 10% off for the rest of the year.

So that was the most satisfying ice cream cone I've ever had. I miss working there.

Viva la Ben and Jerrys :,)

• Thumbs Up 5

I absolutely love ice cream. We all scream for ice cream, etc etc!

My favourite flavour is undoubtedly the mighty Mint Choc Chip - the same as Crush 40's very own Johnny Gioeli! I can't quite pinpoint why I like it so much, but I do, and if ever there's a choice between this flavour and any other... mint choc chip always wins, hands down.

mint-choc-chip.jpg

I have also been known to indulge in tubs of Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream (or knock-off equivalents) to help get me through long periods of essay writing at university, or as a treat after finishing one of said long essays. Whaddya mean a whole tub is not a portion for one? tongue.png

In terms of my most interesting ice cream encounter though, that definitely has to come from when I visited Germany in 2007 on a school trip. On one of the last nights, the group essentially split into two - half that wanted to go to a local bar and watch the football game on the big screen, and those that didn't. I was in the latter and we went to an ice cream parlour instead... and that's when I saw it. The mythical, the legendary... Spaghettieis!

spa.jpg

Ice cream made to look like spaghetti, covered in strawberry sauce to simulate the look of tomato sauce? Even for sheer novelty factor alone, how could I possibly resist! And it tasted great, too! Definitely a dessert I'd recommend trying out if anyone's going to Germany in the near future.

• Thumbs Up 4

Ice Cream you say?

Great, I've been reminded that this exists.

IceCreamTruckFake.jpg

Someone is being paid actual money to drive that.

Anything with vanilla or chocolate is fine with me, and I'm totally crazy about combinations of those two in particular (cookies and cream and vanilla with chocolate chips). Though I do like other flavors such as strawberry and mint (though I usually find it with chocolate chips).

sp_pistage.jpg

Sorbet_Hallon_Ekologisk,_Mjolkfri-500ml(

'Nuff Said!

Actually no, it's not enough said. With the exception of those two words, this is basically an image-only post, which is against the rules as they are considered to be SPAM, which doesn't contribute to discussion whatsoever. Looking at the images, one can assume (which we shouldn't have to do) that it is a pistachio frozen dessert of some kind as well as a raspberry sorbet. I nor anyone else can't be sure of that or the specifics even seeing that you didn't mention or write a single thing explaining such, especially considering that the labels aren't in English. Not to mention you failed to tell us why you like both of these desserts so much.

When you make a post, at least put down a thought or two, as effort is required when posting here on the forum. Keep in mind a long paragraph isn't necessary. You can post images in your posts if you wish, but that can't be the only thing you put in the post as you have to write something beyond a word or two as doing so provides discussion which you are to do here per the rules at SSMB if you wish to post.

• Thumbs Up 5

I love watermelon gelato from our local ice-cream parlour or if we're talking supermarket ice-cream I like salted caramel. I also really like Swedish Glace vanilla dairy-free ice-cream, it is actually very nice and still manages to have a 'creamy' texture.

I've always wanted one of those Japanese watermelon ice-creams but my friend had one and said it wasn't that great =C but they look so cute!

20080829_428042.jpg

There is no substitute for Morelli's.

They used to have a parlor in Birmingham's BullRing but it was removed and replaced with a pizzeria :T When it existed, it featured the best damn gelato I had ever tasted. It's flavors were amazing too. I remember their Jammie Dodger variety fondly and the apple one was so unusual but great. Pricey but absolutely out of this world. They even had these awesome sundae's including one that resembled spaghetti bolognese. If my memory is right, they put vanilla ice cream through an extruder that made it somewhat resemble pasta noodles, topped it with a strawberry coulis to resemble the meat sauce then topped that with dessicated coconut and minced mint leaves to resemble the parmesan cheese and basil leaves.

Oh, nice segue here, as I live in the town of the original Morelli's parlour and have been a lifetime customer.  Here's my favourite "sundae" they do, the Leonardo Da Vinci:

tumblr_mpbbyyWiSm1sqw90jo2_1280.png

...Alas my photo isn't quite beautiful since the gelato was starting to melt by the time I sat down.  You get three flavours of your choice, along with wafers, cream, and sauces, all served in a paint palette style dish.  Loved it ever since I was a kid.  I tend to go for a combination of any three out of chocolate, coffee, hazelnut, white chocolate, cookie, or biscuit, as these all go great together.

Also while it isn't on the menu, they're almost always happy to make me a hot fudge hazelnut sundae (as oppose to hot fudge or chocolate hazelnut which are both on the menu) or their signature cappuccino with a scoop of their signature vanilla gelato in it.

I now make a (expensive but worth it) tradition of going through their whole menu every summer, one sundae a week.  Though I might limit myself to just my favourites this year since last year I blogged about all of them and now have a frame of reference as to which ones I adore.

So currently I have an awful throat infection that is making my throat literally feel like the strepsil adverts.

0.jpg 

So all I want to do is fucking eat ice cream to soothe it.

First I started with these on my break at work with my colleagues.

000202.jpg?v=1

Yeah, you know Magnums? Chocolate coated vanilla ice cream? Well Dairy Milk/Cadbury made their own version with it's incredible chocolate smothered and moulded over some fluffy white vanilla ice cream, laden with actual chocolate swirled in the middle, it was amazing, but by the end of my shift I was in more pain and ended up buying...

ben--jerrys-phish-food-58197.jpg?1178174

PHIsH FOoD

It's chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and little chocolate shaped fish bites, it's literally amazing and it's the best ben and jerry's has to offer, shits all over cookie dough imo. So I'm currently sitting eating a big tub of this during the Smash direct like some soppy sad heart broken girl watching Titanic feeling sorry for myself because of how painful my throat is lol.

Buuuuuut.

to tell you about my favourite ice cream eeeeeeeeever...

large_twister.jpg

When Wall's twisters used to have a red centre as opposed to the purple one they go for these days, it's an infusion of lime slush ice lolly with creamy vanilla twisted around the ice lolly with a strong strawberry/raspberry core, once you mix them all together the taste is unbelievable.

Birthday Cake Ice Cream. Any brand, I was first introduced to this flavor from Baskin-Robbins. The one with the actual chunks of cake in it

and this shit right here
august10001.jpg

Delicious. I also like Strawberry, Neapolitan, Homemade Vanilla and Cookies & Cream. I wish Ice Cream Trucks came around where I live now, but they only come around suburbs and apartment complexes and the like :(

Birthday Cake Ice Cream. Any brand, I was first introduced to this flavor from Baskin-Robbins. The one with the actual chunks of cake in it

and this shit right here

august10001.jpg

Delicious. I also like Strawberry, Neapolitan, Homemade Vanilla and Cookies & Cream. I wish Ice Cream Trucks came around where I live now, but they only come around suburbs and apartment complexes and the like sad.png

Wait a second, American ice cream products have to reassure their customers that their product contains real ice cream...?

I'd hate to be one of those people, but what the hell?? Since when was their fake ice cream? Is this a common practice in American ice cream product advertising to have to indicate that it's real on the box with their being a lot of fakes on the market?

Wait a second, American ice cream products have to reassure their customers that their product contains real ice cream...?

I'd hate to be one of those people, but what the hell?? Since when was their fake ice cream? Is this a common practice in American ice cream product advertising to have to indicate that it's real on the box with their being a lot of fakes on the market?

That's our "it makes no sense" labeling for you. Even I'll never understand it.

*post*

Ok, I have to know what stores in the UK typically carry that Cadburys bar and Ben and Jerry's flavor? They're both on my "must try" list the next time I get over there.

It's either in reference to frozen yogurt or they're doing this.

dq-treats-royal-oreo-earthquake.png?widt

Oh god, I've been craving an Oreo Brownie Earthquake from Dairy Queen for ages now. Just look at this giant bastard. DQ can not be matched as far as fast food Ice Cream goes, that's for hella sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mainly just like vanilla, chocolate and caramel, and any mixture of those three flavours really!

Also quite partial to brownie and cookie dough flavours. The best ever however is Ben and Jerrys Phish Food (or Poof Ysihd as it was called in our household after dad read the label upside down). Also Lady Soniko, if you have an Aldi near you they sell VERRY similar ice cream tubs to B&J at about half the price, it's literally the same thing in a different packet I swear! If your after Phish Food they do one called Cheeky Monkey with monkeys instead of fish.

Also has anyone else had a Maxibon?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/80/Maxibon_outside.png.

The chocolate coated side isn't as good but the cookie side is amazing!

And Verte what about the gelato stand on the bottom floor near the costa and BK? Is that stuff any good?

To the creator of this thread; Thank you. You have brought soft icy bliss upon this forum. Coated in chocolate sauce and sprinkles.

I remember back in the UK a lot of places did Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough ice cream. If they do them here in France....all of my money.

dq-treats-royal-oreo-earthquake.png?widt

That looks beyond delicious. I need to try having brownie with ice cream now.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anybody has been to Disney World, they may be aware of this 'little' behemoth they serve at the 'Beaches and Cream Soda Shop'.

The call it 'The Kitchen Sink':

KitchenSink.jpg

This ungodly sized dessert consists of...

• ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
  • ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
  • ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
  • 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
  • 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
  • 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
  • 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
  • 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
  • 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
  • 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
  • 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
  • ¼ cup marshmallow crème
  • ¼ cup strawberry topping
  • ¼ cup pineapple topping
  • 1 14-oz can dairy whipped topping
  • 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
  • 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
  • 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
  • 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
  • 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
  • 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
  • 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
  • 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
  • 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
  • ½ cup drained maraschino cherries

All served in a giant kitchen sink style bowl and at a cost of a cool $29. Designed to serve 4+ people (though for something this size, it wouldn't surprise me if it could feet a few more).

Personally, if it wasn't so full of nuts I'd give it a go. Just with maybe 6 or so friends as back up. :P

• Thumbs Up 1