Awoo.

Earth: Year 2066 "Looks like Terminator & Johnny Five's lovechild"

Badnik Mechanic

this really reminds me of that zombie apocalypse game that was just a massive flop. How was it called?

Why are failed apocalypse games on Steam so common lately?

this really reminds me of that zombie apocalypse game that was just a massive flop. How was it called?

You mean The War Z? It's now called "Infestation" or something like that.

And this game looks awful, even by Alpha standards. 

The last minute. Oh dear heavens that very last minute in that video.

mr_chang_senor_chang_laugh_spits_milk.gi

Who the hell thought this was good for a release? The same numbnuts who rated Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing as a finished product?

$19.99?!  I'd feel ripped off if I got this game for free!

Literally the only good thing about this game is the texture of the sky, and that's literally just a stock photograph on a repeating tile set.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, yeah. Steam needs quality control. I'm personally the most peeved at how poor the BlazBlue Steam release is. Especially when they released Calamity Trigger instead of CS:E.

Holy geez, screw you, man. I saw the topic title and thought a meteor was heading our way or something.

Brb, drinking some water. Ugh.

Same here >.> Thou I'd probably be long gone it still kinda sent a small shock through my body..

Misleading title >.>

Echoing Indigo. My anxiety problems did not need that. Luckily I noticed it was in the Computer Games section.

On one hand I'm glad Steam makes putting games on their service accessable.

On the other hand I have no idea why there's no form of QC assigned to Greenlight at this point. I would say too many shit games have slipped under the radar, but that would imply there actually is a radar.

I was lucky I noticed this in the games section before reading the title. I probably would've been nervous too. 

Still, this is a pretty damn wretched game.

I've never been on Steam, so I wasn't aware there were that many zombie post apocalyptic games coming out there. But this game man... it's something alright. Especially that last minute for the video. £15?! That's WAY too much for something like this!

BTW, why in the love of everything that is holy is there a sky image for the ground?

That last minute... just... what caused him to be launched clear off the map like that?!

As an early beta/alpha, I say I wouldn't mind this too much if it were free to try out and you could give feedback to the devs. From that standpoint I'd say that it doesn't look too bad, but just the sheer audacity of them trying to charge 20 dollars to play this unfinished "product" is just ridiculous.

There's stuff I could buy on Steam for $5 or less that would be a legitimately complete experience that'd normally be priced at $15-25, this is not one of them.... not even with the amount of So Bad It's Good it might have going for it.

Also another "reviewer" on the Steam page

YO guys! This early alpha and it's fun. Really. I have a fun time playing it. When it comes out it will be my favourite game ever

10/10, GG guys.

Isn't this basically the same problem as mobile app stores have?  Zero oversight creating a legal wild west where any kind of trash or rip-off can be peddled to the unwary consumer?

This looks very similar to the War Z. No, scrap that. It looks WORSE than the War Z!

How on earth could you charge 15 quid for this "game"? It's awful! Steam really has lost its touch!

"You became a mutant because of radiation."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

*clicks on video*

*player shadow looks like Terminator and Johnny Five's lovechild*

I am confused... what?!

Owww things are happening.

The forums for this game (on steam) no longer exist. Or at least every topic has been removed. Not sure whats going on but either the Steam gods are taking notice or the developer really has lost it.

If they're serious about making games they should remove this abomination from existence, start afresh under a different name, and work on something for much longer before even presenting it as a thing that exists let alone a paid for early access alpha.  I mean this is pre-alpha quality stuff.  This is programmers-playing-around-with-concepts sort of quality.

Those last 60 seconds, where does the ground end and the sky begin? God this game looks awful.

The developer has now changed his steam store page discussion area.

Now theres a 'buyers only section'

Everyone else now goes to a 'spam, trolling, provocations" forum which is actually the main discussion area for the game just renamed.

In other news... Jim Sterling will be doing a Jimquisition on this game next monday. https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/457165825708142593

• Thumbs Up 1

*notices thread title*

Hahahaha! :P

The developer has now changed his steam store page discussion area.

Now theres a 'buyers only section'

What?! This guy can not be serious! 

Between this and Faeverse Alchemy, Steam has certainly kept the dramatrain rolling these past few weeks. (For those unaware, Faeverse is/was a basic port of a mobile puzzle game being sold in early access for like $30) 

huh.png .....mellow.png .

Jesus what the hell is happening to Steam?! letting crap like this go, at least the Xbox 360 Indie section has alittle more standards then this crap they are trying to pawn $20.00 off to people.

People should be getting refunds for this, C'mon steam lay down some Gaben justice!

Games and developers like these simply don't belong on Steam.

Okay, yeah. Steam needs quality control. I'm personally the most peeved at how poor the BlazBlue Steam release is. Especially when they released Calamity Trigger instead of CS:E.

Continuum Shift isn't released on PC and they're not going to port it. Get over it.
The Calamity Trigger release is just as it always was but it doesn't have online support because it was build around Live instead of Steam. It's a quick cash-grab but it's not like anyone ever played CT's online on PC due to Live anyway.