Awoo.

Shadic draws some stuff with a goddamn mouse

Shaddy Zaphod

And yes, I can't decide if my name uses and I or a Y.

Anyway, art.

Shadow Boom, trouble keeps you damn-ing faster

LOhT5Gf.png

I don't have anything to say about this silver design. I kinda half-assed it.

oVGxM92.png

So people keep bumping my arm while I'm trying to draw and I just

oxGmYHz.png

I actually draw my base for stuff in MS paint, and then I go over it in paint.net

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

So I guess I'm bringing this topic back from the dead for a moment or something, because I'm actually trying to draw original content!

Lemme explain. For years I always wanted to make games and by this point I've learned nothing more about doing so than I did then. But when I first thought of it, a good...six years ago? I wanted to make a 3D platformer beat-em-up...thing called "goodbye world (subtitle: not in any way related to suicide)". The idea was primitive at first, and kinda Sonicy in the sense of "we have this crazy evil scientist and he uncovers this ancient power that he decides to use to rule the world and then we go and stop him etc." . A few months ago or so, I thought more along the lines of a point-and click adventure game actually starring the bad guy for once. But again, I still know crap about developing games. Since then it's just become a whole mishmash of ideas, trying to make a Metroidvania game, or a platformer, either way none of it really matters, I'll post the whole of the story I want to tell later, what does matter is that I have a new drawing I found and thought I posted before but didn't, of probably the only character with a consistent design.

T0trEXM.png

This is Sid.

Sid, at least right now, was an ordinary child, sent a good...many or so years into the past, and a continent over, I suppose now thinking about it, to medieval England, where he grew up. Tired of his mundane farmer life, he jumped at the chance of becoming an adventurer who fights monsters and stuff. What he wasn't pleased with was that he was on the wrong end of the adventure. He accidentally sided with the demon king Daltros, who was impressed by his strength. Sid fled, not to rejoin the forces of "good", but to pursue his own goals. He ended up finding a scythe, capable of travelling through time, and a fedora, I kid you not, a fedora that grants the wearer immortality. He ended up destroying the demon king, leaving only his lethal, black, corrosive blood behind, and reserved to live out his existence happily as an immortal adventurer. 

But it's not that simple, is it. No. Because he was immortal, Sid didn't know what would happen if he took the hat off, if he would die, or if it paused his aging, or if it would simply not affect him. This caused him to continue living as the world and history progressed. He traveled to the Americas with Columbus, he fought in the war. He had spears, bullets, knives, every conceivable weapon put through him, but he never died. The pain itself became mundane, and he barely felt it. His fame was known throughout the world, as the immortal man. But he didn't want this. He had cults dedicated to worshiping him, there were people that knew him, and he had little way to escape. He demolished all the statues dedicated to him, he cut his hair, changed his name to Max. He lied low, until one day he met a nice elderly couple who had been tasked with raising their grandson, a baby named Sid. It had made sense, he was a temporally displaced human stuck in a stable time loop, the only way to keep the universe from collapsing would be to cause the very life he had never wanted to live, and send his infant self back to the 1600's. He did it, and we are left at current day. He has found "friends" but he knows that he will outlive them and see them die just as any other friends as long as he has this hat.

Well, Jesus that was a backstory. It's not meant to be depressing, but there's more to be revealed about this character's fate. Lemme just show off some other characters before that though.