Awoo.

Unconfirmed: Sonic to get a new Sidekick, to be created by fans

Badnik Mechanic

I don't know about you guys but my sidekick... is gonna zap to the extreme

*rides broomstick into sunset*

• Thumbs Up 9

Well, at least the character models aren't nightmare fuel like the Sonic's Schoolhouse characters

• Thumbs Up 1

is this real?

if it is... then i have one character i wanna see in the games (no its not my fancharacter)

If this character is actually for the next big mainstream game thing than this feels kinda really desperate. Not freakout worthy though...

If it's for a mobile game or something then fine who cares? 

• Thumbs Up 4

SEGA....

This better not mean that Tails is going bye-bye and replaced with an uncreative edit of Sonic's design, that would be horrible.

• Thumbs Up 6

This is kinda horrifying... on the other hand we could spam it with forgotten characters and show they're not forgotten... eh kinda joking

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonichu

I want a witch badge, that's kind of like being branded, right?

There's always a chance they'd just be a random npc, though 'Sonic's new sidekick' implies some level of importance, I guess. I'm not seeing how this is a big deal, really. I'm actually interested in seeing who wins. Who's going to pick the winner, for that matter?

Is this for a mobile game or something? If so then I don't see what the big deal is or why people is already saying that they're done with Sega. You know you're not leaving cause of this. :\

• Thumbs Up 2

Is this for a mobile game? If so then I don't see what the big deal is or people saying that they're done with Sega cause of this. You know you're not leaving cause of this. :\

Nope, I think you have to design this character in a mobile game, and the best one will be featured in a mainstream game.

Uhm... what if I draw Tails? I want him as a sidekick.

Ummm, are we sure this is not just a concept for a campaign then a completely sure thing. Companies do this all the time, an example will be the Sonic Adventure Burger King promotion that didn't happened. Maybe he just put it to be part of his portfolio.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is this for a mobile game? If so then I don't see what the big deal is or people saying that they're done with Sega cause of this. You know you're not leaving cause of this. :\

no one is really gonna leave for a phone game.

if anything this prove there listen to there fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

A collaboration built on a gimmick with limited availability hardly spells out the worst fears in the fandom realized or even the biggest thing ever to happen to Sega.

This, realistically, looks like nothing more but a "clever" aside.

• Thumbs Up 1

The fact it's a worldwide thing, spreads over 11 months and theat they got a big professional ad agency involved would suggest it's for the next big console game. I don't see why they would go to all the fuss for a small mobile game. The app to design a character and compete is a mobile game, though.

This is kinda horrifying... on the other hand we could spam it with forgotten characters and show they're not forgotten... eh kinda joking

Lol, no you really aren't.

• Thumbs Up 2

While I do know the community has made interesting characters, this is the stupidest idea SEGA has done. It's something we never thought would happen, but it did. Oh well, it does look like a fun competition. Probably should give it a go for kicks.