Awoo.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (Wii U, PS3, 360, 3DS) "Did anyone even buy the first game...?"

Cola

The game nobody asked for has just been announced, and I'm still not sure what to think of it

Following the colorful characters and world of the PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures animated series, PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2 will feature Pac, Spiral and Cylindria in an all-new storyline as they defend PacWorld from the ghoulish army of Lord Betrayus. Players will be able to explore the lands of PacWorld far beyond the bustling streets of Pacopolis and the Netherworld through the depths of the ocean floor and into space.

In order to defeat the havoc-causing ghosts, Pac will need to do what he does best... EAT! Chomping down on the various Power Berries will give Pac a much needed boost to fight back against his enemies. Utilizing the many types of Power Berries from the Tree of Life, Pac will be able to transform into many different and exciting versions of himself, including enhanced versions of returning powers such as Fire Pac and Ice Pac and epic new transformations including the gigantic PacZilla. Pac will also be able to pilot one of many vehicles seen in the show including the Lemon Rocket and Pacerchini, to help his cause to save the world.

Cylindria and Spiral also join in for the action, allowing players to take control of the Pac's friends in special fast-paced on-rails levels. The two best friends will also be able to assist Pac with a helping hand when players find themselves in tough situations.

Screenshots!

ZkVhPQX.jpg

3fVlK8r.jpg

Poor Pacman.....

At least SEGA aren't treating a Sonic like this. Sure, he's getting his own show with a game based on it, but at least that game is a high budget project rather than cash-in shovelware.

• Thumbs Up 4

Is that really Pac-Man's voice? Eww... sounds more like Pac-Boy if anything. I dread to think how annoying his voice clips would be if he does end up in the new Smash Bros games with this current design.

As for the sequel, yeah, this has no reason to exist. The first game was pretty much a bomb in both critical and commercial senses, so this seems like a lost cause before it's even released. Didn't the original come out only a few months ago, too? Talk about jumping the gun by announcing a follow-up already. Maybe they just had so much misguided faith in the first game that they went straight ahead to cash in on its predicted success by developing a second one.

It's baffling, really. Just another Pac-Man game that everyone will happily ignore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe they've also invested too much in this new arm of the franchise to be able to back out now - they have the game, the TV show...  Like Sonic Boom, you know.

Uh...copypasting this from the Mario topic. Because it's Pacman, not Mario.

It came out in late February.

It's already been slashed in price to sub-£20, it's been doing that badly. And people still won't buy it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe they've also invested too much in this new arm of the franchise to be able to back out now - they have the game, the TV show...  Like Sonic Boom, you know.

The show has been a ratings winner for them; enough to get a second season greenlit for sure. It's no grand revival, but it's got attention for sure. And the game must've made a profit considering it doesn't look like the most expensive thing to make. 

And this sequel probably didn't cost much either since they're using the same engine.

Am I the only one noticing this looks a lot better from a gameplay perspective than the first one? I mean, it's still the Ghostly Adventures junk, but it looks like there's a lot more going for it this time while the last game was just "empty field with Pacman doing the thing", if I recall correctly.

Am I the only one noticing this looks a lot better from a gameplay perspective than the first one? I mean, it's still the Ghostly Adventures junk, but it looks like there's a lot more going for it this time while the last game was just "empty field with Pacman doing the thing", if I recall correctly.

Yeah, I actually might pick this up when it comes out.

Ok having watched the trailer.

Aside from the dialogue/garbage script. 

This game actually looks... really fun? In fact it looks a hell of a lot more fun than Sonic Lost World is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember Pac-Man world 2 being pretty decent way back in the day, so a platformer isn't really doomed to fail. It's odd to see how bad the first Ghostly Adventures apparently was.

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, it's hard to really care or have harsh feelings if I've never watched an single episode of the TV show or never played the first game before. The show could be good for all I know.

Soulless garbage. 

Pac-Man is pretty much irrelevant. I mean, he is the embodiment of every bad thing people said about Sonic in the early 2000s... except he's real. 

The show could be good for all I know.

it is not

• Thumbs Up 8

I remember Pac-Man world 2 being pretty decent way back in the day, so a platformer isn't really doomed to fail. It's odd to see how bad the first Ghostly Adventures apparently was.

Pac-Man World 2 rehashed a lot from Sonic Adventure 2 actually (you had a light dash for dots, a bounce attack, AND a Spin Dash). And yeah, it was actually a lot of fun, and came with the original arcade games!

So from where the gameplay stands it could be fun. Certainly looks like there's much more to do in this game than the last. I pray for whoever can make it through the game's narrative though.. Ghostly Adventures' writing is atrocious.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, basically this is Super Mario Galaxy 2 Pac-Man version with a lot of horrible voice acting and terrible scripts.

The thing i fear the most is that this is the Pac-Man version that could be chosen to be in the next Super Smash Bros.

So from where the gameplay stands it could be fun. Certainly looks like there's much more to do in this game than the last. I pray for whoever can make it through the game's narrative though.. Ghostly Adventures' writing is atrocious.

God hopes they implement a skip cutscene option.

Wow... that uh... looked... pretty bad. The gameplay is obviously taking elements from 3D Mario, what with all the power ups, and Ratchet & Clank's platforming style. Why do they feel the need to make another one? Let alone a sequel. I don't really see a whole lot of people going to go out of their way just to buy this just for the sake of the name. And It really doesn't help that the first game didn't do so well with the public either, so they would either approach with caution or avoid it altogether.

BTW, did anyone else notice some parts in the video where they repeat footages?

• Thumbs Up 2

BTW, did anyone else notice some parts in the video where they repeat footages?

Oh so that wasn't an error with my stream then?

So, basically this is Super Mario Galaxy 2 Pac-Man version with a lot of horrible voice acting and terrible scripts.

The thing i fear the most is that this is the Pac-Man version that could be chosen to be in the next Super Smash Bros.

The Pac-Man design itself I find fairly inoffensive; heck, the gameplay's too derivative to be offensive, either.  It's just the horrible script and extended cast that are essentially unloveable.  ...Also, I feel like I only found out relatively recently that Pac-Man was meant to be an actual character rather than just a part-eaten yellow pizza, and seeing him chattering away and running around on legs is intrinsically sort of weird.

wow. Just wow. Unless this game sold well I'm honestly surprised there is a sequel. Way to go Namco: You totally know what us Pac-Man fans want.

queen_elsa_meme_by_babybear_lovesfrozen-

Yeah, I'll just stick to the 80's version of Pac Man if that's ok with everybody.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's getting a sequel despite it not selling well? Hey if konami can still make DDR why not. This game looks surprisingly better than the first one. The first one looked so plain simple and bare bones this one looks like they're expanding on what they established so I might pick this game up. I am disappointed that the first game didnt sell that well considering the show is Disney XD's most popular program(I don't like it though).