Awoo.

Redline is such an amazing tribute to the golden age of anime. The enjoyment I got felt like an amalgamation of Akira, F-Zero, and Cowboy Bebop for me. I love the setting, I love the art, I love the setpieces, and I loved just about everything else there was to love about it as well.

What an awesome fucking movie. I'd kill for a good video game of this.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know when people tell you there are certain films you must watch before you die? I'm talking about stuff like, Avatar, Titanic, Pearl Harbour

Personally I would be fine with dying having not seen those pieces of garbage honestly.

Also, I don't know what you guys are talking about, this looks pretty stupid:

• Thumbs Up 1

This movie is what gives me hope about Anime for the future, the amount of effort put into it was goooooodlike.

Thank you Greg, wherever you are for showing me this amazing piece of work.

Redline is such an amazing tribute to the golden age of anime. 

There's a time period that's considered the "golden age of anime"? What time period would that be? I honestly never heard this brought up before lol.

Anyway, this movie's definitely on my backlog, but I had no idea the sheer amount of effort put into it, wow. It's really, really astounding and hearing about it made it go up a little on my backlog honestly. I'll get around to it sometime, really the only thing stopping me is my own procrastination with these things, lol. 

There's a time period that's considered the "golden age of anime"? What time period would that be? I honestly never heard this brought up before lol.

Anyway, this movie's definitely on my backlog, but I had no idea the sheer amount of effort put into it, wow. It's really, really astounding and hearing about it made it go up a little on my backlog honestly. I'll get around to it sometime, really the only thing stopping me is my own procrastination with these things, lol. 

Arguably 80's to late 90's. Gundam, Akira, Ghibli, etc. 

• Thumbs Up 1

One of my all time fave movies. I've been a huge fan now for a few years and it left a huge mark on my development as an artist. Takeshi Koike is the mannnn. While not directly related I wish they'd get around to doing this now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8Zpgt5S1sc

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw it last night and I demand to know which I wasn't told of this movie before. The animation is just gorgeous, simply gorgeous! I love the setting and story too! They really put all the effort they could into this movie. Seriously, for those who haven't seen this yet, do so! It's worth the watch!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've heard of this film occasionally before in the past, but for some reason it never really caught my eye. It wasn't until this topic was made that finally enticed me to think "Well fuck, I need to watch this movie."

So, I did just that a couple days ago, and man was I in for a ride. REDLINE may as well be one of the most fantastic anime films I've watched in some time, it literally excels in every regard to make for an exhilarating, anarchic, and wildly fun experience from start o finish. It's visually engrossing, has a nice amount of depth to its story, characters, and the music is pretty darn kickass. As Soniko has already pointed out much better than I ever could, the animation, particularly the racing scenes are absolutely terrific, they're so heart-pumpingly fast, action-packed, and unashamedly over-the-top. At times, my jaw even dropped at how absolutely crazy could be. The fact the whole film all hand-drawn with no computer animation whatsoever makes it all the more of a praise-worthy achievement. This is literally one of those films where you can see every penny and year of development put into good use on screen. The character designs are really nice too, and they did a good job establishing different worlds and species, and the racers and other characters even if some of they're a bit cliche in terms of personality, were nice to have around. The style of shading was also rather appealing, and gave the film a visual edge. The plot may be simple, but it was the writing that made me involved into what was going on, especially with the hints of backstory regarding the film's events.. This film is literally Speed Racer on meth, crack and acid at the same time, and that's honestly an accurate description. Please go see this movie as soon as you can, you won't regret it one bit. But even with all my thoughts on it thinking it's positively great, we all know what the best racing movie out there is:

speed-racer-movie-poster-3677.jpg

I am only partially joking.

On another note, Sonoshee and the Super Boins were pretty hot.