Awoo.

Hero Bank [Nintendo 3DS]

Mania Pipe

My first topic (finally!). However,  I'm not sure what exactly this game is, but here goes nothing.

After witnessing a video that had the Twinkle Park remix, thank you AceZX for bringing this to our attention. I decided to do some looking around on Youtube for the game and eventually found the game and apparently this is some kind of a RPG made by SEGA on the Nintendo 3DS called Hero Bank.

I don't know how long this game has been on display, but here's the first trailer from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5KSFiTMKSg

The story revolves around an elementary school kid named Kaito Gōshō, who enters this tournament where people dressed in powerful hero suits and battle for money called Hero Battles. Kaito signs a contract from a priest named Sennen and allow him to use the hero suit to enter the Gold. However, Kaito soon realizes he has to pay about 10 billion yen for using the hero suit, and in order to pay off his debt; he must participate and win every Hero Battle.

The game came out just a month ago, March 20, and there's also an anime series based on this too. Being made by TMS Entertainment, and most of us know that studio was also responsible for a certain anime that we're well familiar with:

sonicx009_1024x768.jpg

So, any thoughts on this?

Edited by Electro Pipe
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who's the developer? Anyone get to the credits to find out? I doubt this was in-house.

Who's the developer? Anyone get to the credits to find out? I doubt this was in-house.

I've looked across the internet and the information all points to SEGA being the developer of this game.

However, I did find this on Nintendo Everything; the producer of Hero Bank is Toshihiro Nagoshi, producer of the Yakuza series, director of the Super  Monkey Ball series and also had some hand in the Sonic series as Chief Producer.

Here's a quote from Mr. Nagoshi's:

"Making a new hero-oriented game is really pretty risky. It’s as if you’re trying to challenge all the heroes already out there on their own turf. That’s why, if we’re going to do this, than we’re going to put our all into it. Also, making a game for children is also one step in raising the gamers of the future, so it’s not something we can be lazy with. I think some publishers tackle this genre with tried-and-true hero stories, but I think there’s room for games that deal with the themes Hero Bank deals with as well.”

“This is a game that’s more targeted toward children than anyone else, but nonetheless ‘money’ is an important theme here. Some people might think that’s a little too raw a topic , but I think it’s good to have a theme like that in a hero-oriented story. Money is an inescapable part of our lives, and while the amounts we’re talking may differ, it’s something near and dear to children as well. Mixing money in with this heroic kind of game lets us explore new types of drama, I think."

The game came out just a month ago, March 20, and there's also an anime series based on this too. Being made by TMS Entertainment, and most of us know that studio was also responsible for a certain anime that we're well familiar with:

sonicx009_1024x768.jpg

Awesome find on who's doing the Anime 

Here's That Amazing Twinkle Park Remix

• Thumbs Up 3

This looks like a pretty fun game. Too bad it'll most likely never get localized. Some of that music is pretty great too.

Awesome find on who's doing the Anime 

Here's That Amazing Twinkle Park Remix

Thank you for finding the video in the first place. If it wasn't for you, then I don't think that any of us would realized that this existed.

• Thumbs Up 1

No man Thank You for making the topic :D. Regarding Hero Bank though from the looks of it Sega are really pushing this game up in Japan, just check their YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook, and then there's even the Anime that's currently airing that you posted. It's going to be really interesting to see how this series turns out in the long run.

T

No man Thank You for making the topic biggrin.png. Regarding Hero Bank though from the looks of it Sega are really pushing this game up in Japan, just check their YouTube, Twitter, or Facebook, and then there's even the Anime that's currently airing that you posted. It's going to be really interesting to see how this series turns out in the long run.

Thanks man, that means a lot to me! happy.png I just saw the opening for Hero Bank; "Kasege! Jarinko Hero", sung by Nobuaki Kakuda. I seriously love the song and now I'm seriously looking forward to seeing it. I wonder what other things will be in store for us with this? I wonder if there will be another reference to Sonic besides the Sonic statue in that place in the video and another remix like that Twinkle Park one. Reference to other SEGA games?

EDIT: Well now, this is interesting... According to an article on Sega Nerds; Hero Bank has been recently listed on the Famitsu Top 30 Japanese sales chart:

http://www.seganerds.com/2014/04/23/hero-bank-project-diva-f-2nd-stay-in-famitsus-top-30-japanese-sales-charts/

It appears the game is actually selling rather decent after selling up to 36,000 copies as of now. Hero Bank is currently 27th on the Top 30 while Project Diva F 2nd stays in 17th. I'm surprised that SEGA is actually doing well with this game by pushing for it to be successful, the anime seems to be helping boost the sales too.

Edited by Electro Pipe