Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

I'd have to go with Valve. I really admire their unique business structure and the freedom they give their developers. It allows them to blossom creatively and produce incredibly polished products. Not to mention how in touch they are with the community. Just read Rusty Spy's post, he said it better than me.

Masahiro Sakurai is my favourite singlular developer. He designs! He writes! He voice acts! His games are always packed with content and based around cool mechanics. His sense of humour is charming. 

Day 27: Favorite Developer

I have a couple of them, so my first pick is going to be of course SEGA. Because I grew up playing SEGA made titles on the Mega Drive and introduced to other developers on the Dreamcast. I still give them respect for getting me into games.

My other pick is going to be Namco. Because I was absolutely fascinated with the games they made, starting with Tekken, and became a fan of the company since then.

Runner-Ups: 
Game Freak (& Pokémon Company)
Insomniac Games
Bungie
Early days of Capcom

Day 27: Favorite Developer

This is somewhat difficult as, while I do pay some attention to what certain developers are doing, being less of a gamer in my old-timeyness I don't follow everyone as closely as I used to. Given the system I'm repping, I stick close to a few that I know will show that system some love when it's needed.

1) Sonic Team

I know, I know. I give them a lot of shit, too, but my beef with Sonic Team has more to do with how... bored they are making Sonic games it seems. All the passion has been sucked out of them by constantly bending over for the most jaded parts of the fanbase and constantly getting punched in the gut by critics when they're actually trying.

Sonic Team, however, was a developer that at one point actually stood by their products and cared deeply about the mythology they created for their flagship. Even if some of it was confusing as hell (Shadow), they weren't afraid to try new and different stories and styles. They wanted something that went beyond just the franchise's trademark speed, so they just kept trying to do things that added to the formula. They created a huge ensemble cast, many with unique abilities and tons of personality, and wanted them all to have a part to play. They wanted epic, sweeping cinematic cutscenes and emphasize more storytelling. They wanted to throw Sonic into different and unique situations and expand his abilities. I'm not saying they all worked, but it's what made the games interesting because while other classic properties that made the 3D leap, arguably more gracefully than Sonic, reworked and built on their original formulas, Sonic Team appeared to be trying to create a unique identity for Sonic. They didn't want him fading into obscurity, joining the ranks of so many other platforming mascots, especially since Sonic was constantly bouncing from console to console not having any he can truly call "home" (Nintendo lets him squat for a little while and always leaves a room for him to crash, though).

And that's what really frustrates me about them lately. While I find their games technically sound now, the experiences are pretty hollow. Some interesting concepts, some really fun gameplay (I liked Lost World) but little story and no real attempt to do something interesting with the characters. It's just another platform game, but starring a character that's arguably cooler than all the other mascots. The worlds fit his particular abilities, but the aesthetics no longer have an identity that used to just scream "SONIC!" Sonic Team has lost its heart lately and that's what bums me out about their output. They're clearly a capable group that can deliver awesome experiences full of spectacle and lore, but they're afraid to do that these days because nobody will shut the fuck up about the one really bad game they did.

I try to stay faithful that Sonic Team will come to their senses and start making the kinds of games they want to again, eventually. I hope BRB lights a fire under their asses and they can start making games with larger, more interesting stories, give all the characters purpose beyond "Sonic's cheering section," and making better gameplay experiences that can really stick with players. They have a ton of games under their belt; if they took some time to really understand the criticisms and look at each game's pros and cons, I imagine they can rise back to greatness (or close enough to it).

Until then, I'll keep reading my comics wink.png

2) Nintendo EAD

Gosh, I'm so original, aren't I? Look, Nintendo makes some damn good games that are fun and solid. I'm not the biggest Nintendo head in that I haven't played every single one of their properties, but it's rare I don't get excited for whatever they have in the pipeline. Do I wish they'd do more? Of course! How great would a mainline Mario game be, taking what 3D World gave us, and giving us a fun story with snappy dialogue and funny characterization that's a staple of the RPG spin-offs? Well, I dunno, but I like to think if Nintendo wanted to, they could! Be that as it may, I'm rarely bored or disappointed with something they come out with. I suppose it doesn't take much for me to get drawn into a fun experience.

3) Monolith Soft

This is a weird choice, as I've only played one game from them! Xenoblade was an awesome game though. I love its unique, open world, its variety, its interesting cast, the monsters, etc. Xenoblade drew me into its world so quickly and kept me playing for maybe two or three months straight. The ability to go practically wherever I wanted, and be rewarded for it every time, was intriguing for me. Not that it always pays off (yes, let's hide the ridiculously high-powered monster I can't hit because I'm underleveled right where this important quest item is), but it usually does. They strike me as a very ambitious group of cats, and it makes me hope Nintendo considers bringing in their older titles that are unavailable, at least in digital form, for newfound fans to try. Well, unless they're held up by contracts or something. But, failing that, I know already I have "X" to look forward to. The trailer gives me all I need to know, and the small glimpses of the world tell me this will be another ambitious title. It may very well blow Xenoblade out of the water! Add some mechs to pilot into the mix, and I can only see more great possibilities exploring this new world.

Day 27 - Favorite Developer

Last time around I went with Valve, and I'm tempted to choose them again because they're undoubtedly an incredible company with a lot of talent and some really smart ideas about business. But as Jez discussed, they've been so painfully tight lipped about everything and it's made it hard to appreciate them lately. 

iwata_bananas_thumb.jpg

So I'm going with good ol' Nintendo.

Nintendo's franchises are some of the best, or at least certainly closest to my heart, enough so that I'm willing to shell out money for their consoles despite essentially anything else I want to play being available on PC. The way they've treated, well, just about all of them except Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon as of late hasn't been ideal, and I'm not sure how I really feel about what they're doing in terms of business, but the one thing in the recent past that's made me love them so much is their PR. I don't know what happened that made it so suddenly great, but the big guys at Nintendo are always entertaining. Videos like the one for Tomodachi Life or the one with the Reggie robot are unreal in how impressively funny they are. The fact that they're all having such a good time with stuff like this makes them seem really amiable and super adorable and even if their business model is garbage and they never make another game that's not Mario, I'll always love them.

• Thumbs Up 1

hrm.....kinda wish I'd gotten involved with this topic from the get go...seems fun.....day 27 is a bit late to join in...oh well...

Day 27: Fave Developer

ThatGameCompany_Logo.png

First thing that popped to mind was ThatGameCompany makers of Flower Flow and of course...the phenomenal Journey. Journey is easily among my favourite games of all time, the beautiful graphics, the emotive gameplay and the open to interpretation story, it's a masterpiece. 

All off ThatGameCompany's games are amazing, they continually redefine what is meant by a typical gaming experience and provide unique, interesting games that feel like interactive artworks.

Naughty-Dog-Logo-copy.jpg

Next up is naughty dog, a company that pushes the limits of every console they work on. Do I even need to list their accomplishments? Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, Uncharted and The Last of Us, all of these great games came from this one studio....

While I'd love them to return to platforming occasionally, their recent work has been simply amazing. The Uncharted series felt like playing an action movie, with huge set pieces and fun level design and The Last of Us is simply beautiful. An amazing experience that shows the huge potential games have as a storytelling medium. They're just a fantastic company I love every game they've put out.

...also....yeah, Sonic Team too :P

Day 27: Favorite developer

Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I don't really have a be-all end-all favorite developer. Sure, some developers have talents and perks that make them more likable than others, but when it get's down to the nitty-gritty of it all, there's really three different reasons why I might like a developer, and each reason has it's own favorite developer associated to it. So, I guess I'll just list the three of these reasons, instead.

Insomniac-Games.jpg

Insomniac Games for establishing a relationship with the gamer

I don't know about you, but I love when companies try to reach out to their audiance and establish a connection. In addition to holding contests that allow fans to create weapons and the like, Insomniac loves to put entire planets worth of behind the scenes content into their games, allowing the gamers to test unused levels, weapons, and mechanics, read up on concept art and developer notes, and view videos of behind-the-scenes at Insomniac Games inc. Whenever I go into these rooms in a R&C game, I can't help but feel all tingly inside, as if the developers care about what I would think of their unused concepts and development progress.

platinumgames.jpg

Platinum Games for taking tons of risks in a stale and unprofitable market

It's no secret that Platinum's games haven't seen the greatest success in the market. The best they've gotten is with Bayonetta, and even with that title they didn't even break more than two million sales.

Yet they keep making games just as ambitious as before. A wolf with painting abilities, a movie-nerd turned hero, a witch with hair that makes weapons, and a team of heroes that can make any shape they want out of their bodies. All of their games have been absolutely cuh-razie, and dripping with imagination and passion, despite the fact that they won't make much money off of them anyway. They'd rather fufill both gamers' and their own want of video games with new, bold visions, than go down the path of sequel milking like so many other companies do. I've only played one of their games so far, but for what they've been doing as a company, I have to give them mad props for their efforts.

Nintendo_Logo.png

All Nintendo Developers for their dedication to quality and overall philosophy on DLC and other shady practices

Ah, Nintendo. A source of so many years worth of fun games and memories. Though since I don't know any of them there are way too many individual developers for me to go through and name individually, I'll speak of them as a collective whole.

I think the most obvious trait of Nintendo developers is their determination to achieve a quality experience with every game made. As a wise man once said, "A delayed game is good eventually, but a bad game is bad forever." I don't particularly enjoy all the delays that come with such a philosophy, but eh, a good game is a good game. I've never once played a Nintendo game and come across a glitch or bug, so I guess it works.

Another admirable trait that many Nintendo developers have is their stance on DLC and the like, opting to "make and sell the full game first; think about DLC later" rather than scam people like EA and Capcom do. Though this might be breaking with their more recent games, they stood firm against the temptation for much longer than many other developers would have.

Add on top of that their constant stream of first party titles, and you have a mighty fine band of developers for your company.

Day 27: Complete

Day 27: Favourite Developer

Game developers are, beyond any doubt, the masterminds behind the creation of any video game. These groups of programmers, designers and many other key talents create and shape the games we've been playing ever since the inception of the industry. While there are hundreds of developers working hard on shaping the industry, there are certainly a good amount of these teams whose work and history have given many players across the globe really amazing experiences to remember.

As far as personal preferences and honourable mentions go, I can name sooo many talented developers that I absolutely like. First off, Clover Studio / Platinum Games, Rockstar Games, or Atlus are some of my major third-party choices, while Jonathan Blow, Edmund McMillen, or Dean Dodrill are some of my favourite indie developers. Under Sony's flagship, Naughty Dog, Insomniac Games, or Japan Studio just to name a few; Sega's past list of development teams are still highly regarded to me, going from DD1 / AM1, DD2 / AM2 (Yu Suzuki), AM5 / United Game Artists (Tetsuya Mizuguchi), AM6 / Smilebit, AM7 / Overworks, to of course the still ongoing Sonic Team (Yuji Naka / Takashi Iizuka).

Going into Nintendo's long history of developers (1st and 2nd party)... Nintendo EAD, Intelligent Systems, Monolith Soft, Retro Studios, AlphaDream, Camelot, Game Freak, Good-Feel, Next Level Games, Sora Ltd, or even Rare (during Nintendo's partnership) are just some of the many incredible talents under their flagship; with the compromise with the players to deliver the greatest quality and experience possible, Nintendo holds an incredible array of video game developers and each of them pursuits to deliver the best gaming experience possible thanks to their vast amount of beloved IPs and characters. There is, however, one particular developer under Nintendo's flagship which I haven't mentioned on the list and happens to be my favourite one, and it's indeed...

HAL_Laboratory_logo.png

HAL Laboratory

The most obvious reason as of why HAL Laboratory is my favourite developer among the many incredible Nintendo 1st and 2nd party developers? Kirby. They are the masterminds behind the round, cute 'n cuddly pink puffball we all know and love, with Masahiro Sakurai as the father of such creation. Created as a franchise accessible to everyone (from beginners to advanced players alike), Kirby has been around for more than 20 years giving players a really good share of fun thanks to its unique and easy-going gameplay as well as its versatile nature to adapt different styles of gameplay and visuals; from the crayon-styled graphics in Dream Land 3 to Epic Yarn's rendered textile visuals; from the accurate tilt sensor in Tilt 'n Tumble to the greatly implemented touchscreen controls in Power Paintbrush; from the 4-player treasure hunting action of The Amazing Mirror to the also 4-player co-op fun of Return to Dream Land. HAL Laboratory tends to take advantage of the console the game is released on, whether it's on a handheld or a home console, and as seen with their most recent release, Triple Deluxe, all I can say is they still have got a lot to give to this well-beloved franchise in future installments. =)

But not all the praise HAL Labs gets go to solely the Kirby franchise! They are the masterminds of another incredible franchise also originally created by Masahiro Sakurai during his time at the company: the Super Smash Bros series. Who thought putting some of Nintendo's all-stars characters into battle stages also from Nintendo's most iconic franchises and let 'em fight each other for victory wasn't a great idea? Not only it's an incredibly fun franchise, but also one that serves as the perfect homage and tribute to Nintendo's long history in the video game industry. Aside from Super Smash Bros, HAL Laboratory also co-developed some amazing Nintendo franchises like Earthbound (more specifically, Mother 2 & 3) or some Pokémon spin-offs like Stadium, Snap or Rangers.

So what else can I say about HAL Laboratory? They are the creators of one of the most beloved characters in Nintendo's history. They are an incredibly talented team and an important piece in Nintendo's big puzzle of developers, with Masahiro Sakurai being one of the most influential designers not only in HAL's and Nintendo's but even in video gaming history. Speaking of influential personalities, Satoru Iwata used to be a developer and president of HAL Laboratory before his appointment as CEO of Nintendo in 2002 by Hiroshi Yamauchi, whom he already saw as an important figure even during his days at HAL.

• Thumbs Up 4

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Game

53842ae62ac77.png

Project Beast

When I first started writing down my entries, this spot was taken by Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It's Metal Gear, Ground Zeroes was great, and the trailer looked fantastic.

... But then this leaked -

0x600.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

BcAfnux.gif

it's from software

probably miyazaki, the guy who directed the first two souls games

made with SCEJ's collaboration and exclusive to PS4

spiritual sequel to demons souls

oh my god

oh my god sign me up

That's... it. I know nothing of this game yet. I want to find out more at E3. I'm excited. Demons Souls, as I've already established on Day 2 of this event, is kind of the best thing ever. I want Project Beast in my veins right now.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can you think of a game Sega AM2 made that isn't fantastic? A perfect fusion between skill and fun and (usually) great innovation/influence? Even the games that they practically disowned later (like Out Runners) are still fantastic, and most of the true stinkers "made" by them were in fact farmed out ports to consoles that couldn't quite handle what they did in arcades. They made a game that was basically a gyroscope with a screen on it:

r360.jpg

Some truly hardcore shit.

The only game I can think of that really falls out of their general quality microscope is Turbo Outrun.

Day 28: Most Anticipated Game

Sonic Boom

This is one game that I am very excited for. Rather than "going back to Sonic's roots" for the umpteenth time, it's deliberately going out of it's way to be something different. And I love that. Big Red Button, are still unproven developers, technically indie, but I'm willing to give them a chance. There are some really experiences developers involved on the game, helmed by Mr Bob Rafei, an ex Naughty Dog employee who has experience from the Crash Bandicoot games.

I'm really excited to see more of the game at E3, and I really hope that it turns out to be a really good game.

J4PllcY.png

I've already gone into full detail why Hotline Miami is one of the all time greats when it comes to what gaming can provide as a medium of substance through style. In the case of the sequel, less is more, and this is one of the cases where more of the same is the best possible follow-up imaginable to provide.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number follows up on the killings on the last game but with an interesting twist - instead of taking on the role as the homicidal Jacket, we play as a legion of fans who have partaken in vigilantism after Jacket's exploits misconstrue and glorify him as a cold blooded killer without a cause. Instead of wearing singular masks, each one is a different character in it's entirety and bring brand new abilities to the table, and the storyline is now following down a much greater path of depravity and insanity.

If the previous game was anything to go by and if the circumstances of this game's existence tell what's in store then once more, none of this will be a major deal in the grand scheme of things. But it very much is still able to condition the player through the same means that made the original the equivalent of pixel crack, and I need my fix. I need to experience how crazy it gets.

Who knows what's down the rabbit hole, apart from killer neon graphics and more spectacular music courtesy of greats such as Perturbator and M|O|O|N? I can't wait.

Ace Attorney Waifu Datiming Sim v1.0

tumblr_n6aa5cel2n1sgbu3ro1_500.jpg

I am fucking pumped for Alpha Sapphire. Gen 3 was my most nostalgic Pokemon game, and the Pokemon game that defined the mechanics used today.

I cannot wait for it to be June 10th, and I really hope we get a trailer.

Day 28

Most Anticipated Game

W14kbWm.jpg

Driveclub

Ew, look at this.  It's so real and shit, it's probably going to be another simulation racer that I'm never going to play because those are terrible.

But then one day I was stalking NeoGAF.

"It's not a sim..."

I... wha...

"It's more like an mix between a sim and arcade racer...."

Excuse me?...

"Like Project Gotham Racing..."

post-15554-hundred-dollar-bills-gif-coun

You got me.  Hook, line, and sinker.  Take all of my money, I don't care.  I loved the PGR games, and if any game claims to be similar to then then sign me up.  It's hard to describe in detail what I want from this game, because I just want it.  I need it.  It's beautiful and looks like fun.

• Thumbs Up 3

sonic-generations.jpg

Do you know how hyped I was for this? Can you even begin to realize how excited I was for this game?

I'm still thinking about it to this day. That's how much excitement and anticipation it brought me.

Sonic Generations is the culmination of 20 years of Sonic, and it was something I didn't even know I wanted until Classic Sonic burst through the scene in glorious HD:

I think we all were a fair bit hyped for this. But me... this was my favorite. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28! Most anticipated game!

freedom_planet_artwork_by_gashi_gashi-d5

Freedom Planet! Yes, that Indie game which was originally a Sonic fan game. This will be coming out on Steam very soon and it is one of my most anticipated games, right next to SSB4, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Sonic Boom.

It's a shame I discovered this game only a year ago. By then, the Kickstarter campaign was done and dusted and people were arguing about whether it was a Sonic rip off or not, since it was originally a fan game. To me, this game is definitely not a rip off! It's a nice tribute to the Sonic platformers on the Megadrive and has many elements in its gameplay that are definitely not from Sonic besides the speedy platforming. Hell the character designs aren't even that Sonicy, but are more or less Sonic inspired. Anyways, I love the look of this game; the fantastically detailed sprites, colourful worlds and cool gameplay. The story too sounds really good if not very dark for such a cute and colourful game. Oh, and it's a furry game! We need more furry games! XP

Anyways, that's one game I'm definitely getting on Steam when it's released and I hope it's as good as it looks!

• Thumbs Up 6

My most anticipated game, huh...

640px-Logo_EN_-_Super_Smash_Bros._Wii_U_

Hey. it's hardly a secret that this is the game that I'm the most excited for, currently. I've always been a fan of the series, with Brawl being my favorite title. Both versions of this game look to be combining the best aspects of Melee and Brawl in such a way that just... works. I love the new character additions as well as the improvements that the veterans have undergone. The gameplay is as awesome as ever, especially the new 3DS-clusive Smash Run mode. The best part that I'm seeing so far, though, is that I can finally play as Mario, Sonic and Mega Man in the game: speaking as a guy who's very much into crossovers of this sort, that really pleases me greatly. In fact, I'm more than willing to bet that one or both versions of this will be my Game of the Year.

So, yes, Smash 4 is my most anticipated game. Summer and Winter just can't come soon enough...

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty hype for Smash 4 right now 

logo-sb-wii.png

I need to hurry up and get a Wii U so I can get this shit for Christmas. Also, Ruby and Sapphire remakes.

Pokemon.png?57efa4
FUUUCK YESSSSSSS

I'd say Sonic Boom, but I'm honestly more excited for the TV Show than the game

Mmm. Mmm, mmm. I have to go with most people here and say it's the new Super Smash Bros. For the 3DS of course, since I don't have a Wii U. Last I head this game is coming out sometime this summer for 3DS right? Or at least early autumn. 

I seriously cannot wait for this game. What's got me really excited is the fact that we're gonna have Mega Man as a playable character. Can't wait to see what he controls like. Another thing that's got me hyped is how we'll finally be able to play Smash Bros on the go. Think about it. Smash Bros in your pocket, wherever you go. I hope they add some cool Streetpass content and I really can't wait for online play on the 3DS. Once that game comes out, man oh man, it's probably gonna be the only thing I'll be playing!

Most anticipated Game:

Super Smash Bros For Wii U/3DS

Well, as a large fan of the series, I love the look of the new game. It's beautiful and looks like great fun. The character roster looks like it's going to be really good. It's a long wait, sure, but at the end, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. I just can't wait to get this game and play it! Also, Super Smash Bros... On the go. The 3DS version will let me play Super Smash Bros... Anywhere. Why wouldn't I be hyped for that! It's a dream!

ffxv_e3_2013_gameplay-75.jpg

Final Fantasy XV

This game really looks like the Final Fantasy which can put the series back on track. It's made by Tetsuya Nomura, and it really shows cause this game is basically Kingdom Hearts Fantasy. Some people are against a Final Fantasy game with real-time combat (actual real-time, not the ATB system in the Final Fantasy XIII series) but change can be very good. It also helps that the guy pretty much hasn't made a bad game.

The gameplay looks fantastic and bloody fun, the story doesn't look like a convoluted mess, the graphics are amazeballs, the soundtrack sounds SUPER EPIC. Yeah, so far this game is doing everything right. I just hope that what we saw was representative of the actual game running on a PS4...I kinda doubt that it'll be the case unfortunately. I also hope that there is a lot of exploration but if you look at the trailers for Final Fantasy Versus XIII then it looks like it'll deliver on that.

Give me some more gameplay and a release date at E3 pls!

• Thumbs Up 1

Most anticipated game.....

the-last-guardian.jpg

The Last Guardian

Both previous team ico games have been fantastic. Their limited story, open, sparse environments, haunting art direction and unique styles made them some of the greatest games ever made...so how about a new one?....IN HD!!!!!

Info on the last guardian has been minimal since it was unveiled, who's the little boy? What's the guardian? Where did he come from? What do you do with him? And of course the game has famously been pushed back again and again, what was originally planned to be one of the selling points for the ps3 now apparently will come out on the ps4....we'll see....

Despite all the setbacks though, I just can't give up hope....I want to play this game...I need to play this game. It may be a long wait....I maty end up owning a ps5 before it comes out....but....

waynes-world.gif

Day 28

Golden_Sun_Dark_Dawn.jpg

*yawn* Time to check the web again... Huh? New Golden Sun game for the DS- Is this a j--

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Golden Sun being my favorite game, this was something I desperately wanted. While the end result was a bit underwhelming, I enjoyed it nonetheless. Can I get a fourth game?

BlazBlue_Chronophantasma_(Logo).png

The days spent just watching matches from Chariot, or devouring information fed to us by Arc and Dustloop. Not to mention the fact that I had a lot of friends who were hyped for it as much as I was. It was a great time. I still have the status update in which Yakuzu tells me that this game was announced. Right here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28: Most anticipated game?

Rockstar's AGENT.

agent.jpg

It'll come out some day! I'm not crazy!

I was always a big James Bond fan. I like Alpha Protocol. I enjoy Big Band music. MGS 3 is one of my favourite games. I dig cheesiness. This game... hnnnng. I want it so bad.

Here's part of the press release:

"Agent takes players on a paranoid journey into the world of
counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height
of the Cold War at the end of the 1970s."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/06/02/idUS195250+02-Jun-2009+BW20090602

Does that not sound awesome? Add the trademark Rockstar cinematic direction and advances in mocap technology and this could be something special.

Another thing to consider is Rockstar's tendency to score their games. Red Dead Redemption and GTA V both had a dynamic score, with varied pieces befitting of their settings. Imagine what would happen to the spy genre -- cheesy, big orchestral pieces ala 007 themes (or Snake Eater) being weaved into the gameplay and cutscenes as you sneak about.

The only problem is it's been "coming soon" since June 2009. The only reason I have any hope it hasn't been canned is that they refuse to confirm it being scrapped.

I just... I don't want this to be cancelled. I'd like a sequel to Bully, but I want this more.

I'm going to have to list quite a few games, because there are a bunch that I'm really looking forward to.

NGAI548.png

It's the new Smash Bros., what is there to not be excited about? I'm really looking forward to this because of how much more effort seems to have gone into this one than previous entries. The actual attention to character balance as opposed to just changing things about characters and hoping for the best will be really interesting to see if they can pull it off well, and I like how they're trying to throw a bone to the competetive crowd with this one, even if they'll just end up sticking with Melee anyway. I'm also really looking forward to seeing how the newcomers play, even if I don't plan on using most of them, because of how unique some of them appear to be, whether it's Mega Man's mostly projectile based moveset, Little Mac's ground only based gameplay or Rosalina's Luma set ups. It looks to be a fine addition to the Smash Bros. series, and I can't wait to play it.

YW4TzyN.png

As I said earlier on in this topic, Bayonetta was the absolute perfection of it's genre, and it's getting a sequel where it'll get the chance to improve even further. I'm really happy that this game is coming to be, since it's not often that a game made by Platinum ever gets to see more than one game made per IP, and thanks to Nintendo, Bayonetta gets another chance to shine. From what has been shown of it, it looks just as good as ever, and I can't wait to see what improvements Platinum has made to the combat system, and I have complete faith in them that this will be a worthy sequel to the first game, even if Kamiya isn't working on it.

CDWfnUg.png

With gen 3 being my most nostalgic Pokémon generation and game in general, I am really hyped to see that it's finally getting remade, and it honestly couldn't have come at a better time. Now that the Pokémon games have finally made the jump to 3D in the main line games, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do and don't change in the region now that they have to take the old region's design and put it in full 3D. It's really exciting to think about what they're going to do, and see how they integrate all of the changes that the series has gone through since the original games. Having all of X/Y's features with things like Emerald's Battle Frontier in one game could easily make it a contender for the best Pokémon game yet.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28: I'm so exciiiiiiited, and I just can't hiiiiiiide it!

The game I'm looking forward to the most? Hmm...It'd probably be:

Persona5.jpg

REN'S MOST ANTICIPATED GAME: PERSONA 5

I've had more than enough of my fill of P4 stuff...well...I'm getting there at least. After Persona Q, P4 Arena Ultimax, and P4 Dancing All Night come out, I hope that'll be it. I'm ready for the new era. A new story with new characters. I'm excited to see where this one's gonna turn out. A main series Persona game on the PS3 finally. I hope they're able to squeeze as much greatness as they can into this one. I'll see once the game hits US shores.

• Thumbs Up 4