Awoo.

30 Days of Video Games - BONUS: Why Do You Play Games Pg. 142

Sami

Ack!

pokemon-omega-ruby.png

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Originally I was going to say that there was literally nothing I was looking forward to. Either I didn't have the console or what I played hadn't engaged (Mario Kart 8) or what info we knew hadn't engaged me (Sonic Boom). This would have made today's question impossible for me to answer.

Thank God people reminded me of these games, even if we know so little on them. I enjoyed Pokemon Emerald, it was the first Pokemon game that got me back into the franchise after Pokemon Silver (sounds weird given that it was just the next generation, but trust me when I say there was a gap). With X and Y also giving some pretty neat developments, it'll be interesting to see the old and the new clash at the current point the franchise stands at. Also it'll be fun revisiting Hoenn with Pokemon from Hoenn..the first Hoenn. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The last few weeks, games are on a lot of peoples' minds because E3 is coming up. It's a big time for "anticipated" games, it's a good time to be excited about them. Over that time, I've tried to think of many upcoming games, and no matter what I thought of, nothing could push this one particular game out of my mind for too long;

Day 28, a Challenger Approaches.. - Most Anticipated Game

Super Smash Bros. 4

SuperSmashBros._Logo-932x620.png

It's no use! Every time I take a break to think about another kind of game, every few weeks I'm always drawn back into Smash Bros. predictions and hype and all that. The Smash Bros. series actually has a history of being my most anticipated games at any given time, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the sheer amount of fan-service and history that goes into each one that makes it such a gaming event. They're hella fun multiplayer games, hours and hours and hours of fun, I play Smash Bros. in multiplayer far more than any other game. Even now, in 2014, the multiplayer games I play most often with friends are Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I imagine that, even when this next entry comes out, we'll continue to play Melee and Brawl on occasion for their own reasons too. These games have serious lasting power. I feel like at this point, I'd have to be crazy to not be hella excited about a new one coming out.

All the new characters, new stages, new remixes of old music, new 3D trophies of characters only seen in 2D before, new trophies of obscure-as-fuck characters that tell us a bit more about them or modernise them up a bit, and Sakurai's own personal blend of bringing characters to life in a way that no developer at Nintendo has the guts to. The fact that Smash Bros. exists in the first place is a miracle, and the only reason it still exists is because it's so successful. This kinda thing just doesn't get done much by Nintendo lately, which makes it feel extra special.

I can't wait to have many of my favourite characters from across gaming history fighting it out in HD on a stage that references a popular part of a game everyone knows to a remix of that obscure Nintendo song from a game many people may have forgotten about. It makes me feel SO ALIIIIVE. And now it'll be handheld too! SO IT NEVER HAS TO LEAVE ME..

Honourable mention to:

• Zelda U. It's a new Zelda game.

As you can prolly see, I've made this post about my current most anticipated game, but if it were about my most anticipated game of all time, it'd probably be...

Actually, I have no idea. One of the other Smash Bros. games or Wind Waker probably.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 28: Most Anticipated Game:

I'm currently not anticipating any video game at the moment, as a massive video game backlog will do that to you among other reasons. Therefore, I am going to go with the video game that was the most anticipating for me overall:

Z4G62jM.jpg?1

For me, it had to be back in 2010 when Sonic Colors was first announced. This particular announcement was of special significance to me because it was the first new Sonic game I became aware of since my return from my as the last Sonic game-related announcement news I had heard was of Sonic & Knuckles 16 years prior back in 1994. Not to mention aside from a brief stint of playing several Crash Bandicoot games between 1999 and 2000, I had no other involvement with video games as a whole during those 15 years. Anyway, the news came along with this teaser trailer:

http://youtu.be/vQa1Vg3Yg1g

In less than 30 seconds with that trailer, I was beyond hyped. The music, seeing Sonic and Tails together in beautiful CGI and those cute colorful wisps had me more than excited. One would of thought that I was 6 as opposed to being 26 years old at the time due to my extreme excitement after seeing the teaser trailer :P From then on I was on the hype train for Sonic Colors and I couldn't wait for November 16, 2010 to get here! I wasn't disappointed in the end as Sonic Colors is definitely one of my favorite video games. Looks like I had gotten back into the series just in time too after all was said and done! :)

• Thumbs Up 6

This has been the slowest month ever. And it's been so long since I've truly anticipated a new game. So it give me great pleasure to present -

Day 28: Most Anticipated Game

mario-kart-8-bundle.jpg

Mario Kart 8

So, I felt a little disappointed with Mario Kart 7.

I'm hoping Mario Kart 8 will be better this time around, and although I kept away from potential spoilers at first, I happened to come across the news that the koopalings would be playable for the first time.

Koopalings_Artwork_-_Mario_Kart_8.png

Suddenly, the Mario Kart series has 7 more characters in the playable roster. It's probably going to be the largest in the entire series, and that makes me happy, I like having large numbers of playable characters in games. While I'm talking about the Koopa Minions, I have to admit that I can never tell them apart of remember each of there names.

But according to Mariowiki, my favourite of the seven is Lemmy. He's just so small of goofy looking.

It also looks like my personal choice of character to play as, is also in the roster. Shy Guy. If he's not in the game, then I'd usually pick Boo. I have to say, I only recently noticed that they are both well known for there shyness. Just a fun fact I figured I'd share, seeing as how it is one of my dominate personality traits.

Back to the game, I don't want to share too much, just in case there are others that are avoiding the news about it. But I can also say I don't usually gush over the graphics, but there is something about seeing your favourite characters in stunning environments that make you go all weak in the knees. Rainbow Road looks pretty freakin' cool!

o-MARIO-KART-8-570.jpg

I hope to take advantage of online play and challenge the SSMB to all kinds of races. Mario Kart 7 suffered due to a glitch in a level where people could cheat to get a ridiculous lead. It better not be the case in this game.

I'll meet you on the track, doods.

Um...but if Lakitu is racing now, who's gonna start the races?

• Thumbs Up 1

Question, does the anticipated game count if it's a game you were to young to remember and played years after it came out?

Day 28: "ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!" Most Anticipated Game

Oooooooooh boy, where do I even begin? I'm looking forward to some of the obvious ones: Sonic Boom and Pokemon OmegaRuby&Alpha Sapphire, I mean, those are the fandoms I fangirl over.... but let's get a bit creative with this answer:

Freedom Planet

Aaah, Freedom Planet. I'm sure we all know what this is. That one game that started as a Sonic Fangame and became it's own thing? Yeah, that one. I actually played the Demo a bit, and it was really fun, and I didn't feel too much like a Sonic game to me, so I don't understand the people that say "Oh, it's a Sonic Ripoff, -0/10"

SHUN THE NON-BELIEVERS! This is a really fun and creative game, that's only going to be made more amazing when the full version is out!

A Hat in Time

I've been following this game ever since it was on Kickstarter... and I totally would have backed it back then if I had the chance. Time Travel? Collect-a-thon? Hell yes. and quirky names like "Hat Kid" and "Mustache Girl" just makes the whole world seem a lot more fun! It shows a lot of promise, and I think I'll be sucked into it's finally out. =)

Mario Kart 8

is my most anticipated game too.

Man, I can't wait to play it on my TV.

I can't wait to amaze my eyes with its unbelievably amazing graphic.

I can't wait to see how the maps will be rendered on the Wii U gamepad.

I can't wait to explore the courtyard of Peach's Castle in Royal Raceway (if this is still possible)

And I can't wait to beat and humiliate Pink Gold Peach. I don't know why, but I already hater her! angry.png

Um...but if Lakitu is racing now, who's gonna start the races?

Probably him

jQT7y4.gif

No but seriously.

• Thumbs Up 2

DAY 28: MOST ANTICIPATED GAME

NGAI548.png

Sonic_Boom_Tv_logo.png

hyrule-warriors-logo.jpg

Just

These. I mean, HD SSB, a new Sonic game that has Adventure-ish gameplay, and a hack and slash Zelda game? Yes. Every yes.

E3 seriously can't come fast enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

Smash 4, no contest.

Mega Man? Hell yeah. Rosalina? Awesome. An art style that's not as dreary as Brawl's? Yes please.

Only downside is that because YouTube exists and the likes of "SmashFan85424" saw fit to compile TSE's cutscenes as "SSBB The Movie", Sakurai's pretty much neutered single player by scrapping the story mode, and considering how single player is how I primarily play Smash Bros....

Most Anticipated Game

SSBB_Cover.jpg

Back in...what was it...2006 I think...this was probably the most anticipated reveal for a game I've ever experienced. It was 5 years since Melee came out, so I was very excited to play the next iteration of the franchise. The daily Smash Bros Dojo updates further increased my hype, and so did my buddies at high school as well. It was such a popular topic of conversation before Brawl's release with so much to expect. Expecting what characters will get in, what stages to see, how good the graphics will be, and vice versa. I kinda miss those times and I am very disappointed about the updates we're getting through Sakurai's Daily Pic of the Day posts on Miiverse. It's great we get some new info every once in a while and I understand Sakurai is a very busy man, but these small updates do not compare to the page-filled updates we used to get with the Dojo. Oh well, I may not have liked the final product as much but at least I had a great time getting hyped up for a game with people to share that hype with.

Most Anticipated Game

batman_arkham_knight.0_cinema_640.0.jpg

The goddamn Batman Arkham Knight!

It's no secret that I champion the Arkham PS3 trilogy. Bloody wonderful games. So naturally I'm rather hyped for Rocksteady's final outing for the Arkham series. It's difficult to keep my expectations in check. I am expecting an enormous open-world Gotham City packed with secrets. An epic main mission and at least a dozen well flushed-out side missions and tons of replay value. 

This is my most anticipated PS4 game which I've been looking forward to playing. I'm hoping it's a true next-gen experience which will blow my mind. I like to think I will be playing this game for weeks and weeks and not get tired of it. Will probably take that long to find all the Riddler trophies!

I wouldn't have minded if Arkham Knight was due to be released in October 2015 and not 2014, because we only recently got Arkham Origins and I would rather Rocksteady take as much time as they need to make the game as polished as possible, and maximum what they can achieve with the new hardware. Although, I don't think there's any need to be concerned as they seem to have done a great job with all their franchises.

Games I'm also really looking forward to:

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. I loved the gameplay in Ground Zeroes so TPP should be a cracking game. Also, Sonic Boom which I have a feeling could be one of the best - most acclaimed - Sonic games in a very long time.

metal_gear_solid_v__the_phantom_pain_wal

sonic-boom-logo.png?w=652

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Game

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

pokemon-omega-ruby-and-pokemon-alpha-sap

There's going to be Hoenn Remakes, using the 6th Gen engine? All aboard the hype train.

screen-3.jpg

Also, Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS. For a number of reasons.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 28:

Obviously,

logo-sb-3ds.pnglogo-sb-wii.png

So so so so so so excited for this game. I really loved brawl, and i'm definitely going to love this one. What I like about this game is how much content between characters gets shown of.

The stages looks fantastic so far,they really are doing great with HD.

My favorites so far has got to be Windy Hill from Sonic Lost World and this time it's looking like to be a pretty decent course.

bg_daily-2014-04-12-13.jpg

The springs are a nice choice, I love it. The windmill at the is something you probably don't wanna hang around for too long. Just saying.

Mario Galaxy looks flippn' sick! It's so cool how they are doing the gravity affect and its going to be an interesting level. Like isn't going to look cool when Samus does her final smash?  

bg_daily-2014-04-12-40.jpg

Oh so pretty.

And a couple more I like.

bg_daily-2013-06-17-DE-14.jpg

bg_daily-2013-08-28.jpg

bg_daily-2014-04-12-54.jpg

bg_daily-2014-04-12-55.jpg

I seriously cant wait to hear the many music pieces thats in the game. Especially the remixed ones for Sonic.

Then the fighters.

sonic.png

Obviously he's my favorite fighter but not because he's Sonic (Well sort of lol) but he has a really good moveset. 

I really hoping they can do a few changes to him so he feels fresh in the new game.

I also really looking out to try out Kirby and Peach. They both got new moves.

The new comers are really looking fresh and new and I love how they look. I'm really looking out for MegaMan, Rosalina, Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer. Greninja and Villager looks cool too but i'm not super excited for them. still wanna try them out though.

And this game.

logo.png

2 MORE DAYSS!!!! 

Aw yes I can tell I'm gonna have fun with this game. Except for battle mode and the character roster. Everything about this game something to get hyped for.The visuals the courses, the music,  my god its so good. My favourite so far has to be this stage.

http://youtu.be/BDvoIr3a5vw

The music, the level design, the visuals is all too perfect. Who would knew the best looking one would of been a 3 section track.

And finally the music has a live band and they really did great with most of the music and I enjoy listening to most of them. I love it. Can't wait to play it!

Credits

http://youtu.be/SAkr5IlqO3I

Mario Kart stadium

http://youtu.be/iZi79bd_ODA

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28: Most Anticipated game?

fbook.jpg

Mario Kart 8

I mean everybody who isn't anticipating Smash Bros. 4 is most obviously gonna go for this game! And soon well be able to play it in about 2 days! I can't wait to jump online for the massive amounts of online madness, and I sincerely hope it will be more balanced  than Wii

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic boom is the one I'm most anticipating this year, I am really pumped for this one not only because its a new sonic game but because its going to be doing some new things for the series that we haven't had before and knowing who the people are behind it gives me hope that this will be a good experience and hopefully won't be the last time we see something like it.

My other most anticipated game would be bayonetta 2, I never would've thought that we would be getting a sequel to possibly one of the best action games around and after seeing all the gameplay footage and aesthetic changes I can safely say that it already looks better than the first which was awesome in its own right and I can't wait to actually play it myself, not to mention the fact that this game can only be even more over the top and crazier than the first which is always a plus for me.

Last time out I said The Last Guardian, hahaha.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

Uh, not a massive amount I'm looking forward to, to be honest, as I still have a few games I need to catch up on first. I suppose the only one properly on my horizon is Costume Quest 2. But, if we're talking most anticipated ever, then that's also Double Fine...

And Brutal Legend.

I can remember when it was unveiled in Game Informer. Straight away, I was mega hyped. Tim Schafer? Heavy Metal? Jack Black? Big budget? It sounded too good to be true!

...it almost was. Activision, who had been publishers, backed out. The unlikely saviour turned out to be EA, in their short-lived "hey, we might be a decent company) phase. Brutal Legend even survived a court battle over ownership. More details of hack and slash gameplay came out. Voice cast was confirmed to include legends like Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Halford and Lemmy. An open world, begging to be explored.

The game even made an appearance at Download Festival 2008, where I got to sample the E3 demo, with still four months before release date.

Oh man, was I hyped, and then, the best thing ever: my pre-order came not just one day early, but TWO days early. Ok, two days ain't much, but it was a nice surprise and caused a hype explosion!

No game could have lived up to what had in my mind, and the RTS wasn't the best, but it was still a damn fine game.

I would say Arkham Knight, but there's another game I am particularly anticipating:

Pillars_of_Eternity_logo.png

Think of all the good things I said about Obsidian in my previous post. Now think of all they could achieve, without the constraints of tight deadlines, lack of funding, etc - basically all the things that prevented their previous outings from being pretty much flawless. It's going to be bonkers. I'm glad isometric RPGs are making a comeback. Look at the video they released a while ago:

In just a short teaser, we can see this beautiful aesthetic, wonderful RPG gameplay and a great-looking world. That's the #1 benefit of the Kickstarter gaming setup. When it's done by a respectable studio, you don't have the same risks associated with a new/indie group and because they aren't beholden to the publishers pursestrings they actually can take their time for a change. And given Obsidian's history with publishers pulling the rug out from under them, I hope this is the start of a beautiful future for them.

My most anticipated games previously were probably Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic Unleashed.  Was also super excited for Luigi's Mansion and Melee way back when.

Was also pretty damn excited for 3D World and Generations but by that time I had a much bigger internet life and accidental spoilers killed my enthusiasm a bit - especially for Generations, in which literally not a single level or boss, aside from the Time Eater, surprised me due to leaks and loud-mouthed folks.

CURRENTLY my most anticipated title is Smash Bros 4 probably.  I am also in a perpetual state of heartbroken anticipation for Half-Life 3.  Siiigh.

(Apologies for breaking my streak of sprucing up my posts here with images and stuff, been a busy few days).

Day 28 : Most Anticipated Game

Sonic_Unleashed_Logo.png

Let's wind the clocks back to the wee times of 2008.

Sonic fans rampant and unanimously salty, and if not then just living in denial of the 'goodness' Sonic 06 gave them. The franchise was thought to be dead.. Besides Sonic Rush Adventure being a decent game, it was also a portable and was easily forgettable in that aspect, and everyone was worried for the franchise's position. Most if not everyone had given up on Sonic in 3D, on modern Sonic, or Sonic in general. It was a time of insanity, arguments, and classic purist mayhem that when mixed with the bleakness of those days actually ended up looking pretty correct.

But then... an FTP got leaked.

sonic-unleashed-screens-2008040309413280

20080317-181728-000041.jpgsonic-unleashed20080317-170346-000038.jpsonic-unleashed-banner.jpg

"What the heck IS THIS?!" was pretty much everyone's responses.

A lot of people were skeptical and really surprised at how cutesy and bouncy Sonic looked compared to his floppy anime-ass 06 incarnation, and weren't expecting 2D camera angles. There was a lot of wondering fi the gameplay was built off of the on-rails gameplay of Secret Rings, even. People even went so far as to believe this was some really crazy well-done (yet cruel) joke to the fanbase. 

So after several days of speculation and 15 year old me doing a god-awful shoop da whoop meme that I should've got banned from Sonic Retro for, this picture got revealed:

SonicUnleashed.jpg

And the entire internet went completely nuts.

I remember not being able to see anything but the eyes due to my computer having it's brightness settings a tad too low, but when I saw it I was kind of "...wow, what?".

The Werehog immediately set off this vibe of "OH MY GOD THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN SEGA I HATE YOU" and "Sonic's dead RIP" remarks, and although they were hyperboles and a half, it wasn't farfetched to think that way after 06. For them to get something down so well and screw it up sounded like grade-A Sonic Team.

But then trailers happened.

And at least for me, my hype went through the stratosphere.

For the rest of 2008, I spent my time hyping the living crap outta Unleashed and waiting for the next glimpse of footage. It was an almost endless feeling wait, and honestly after sitting around for endless months with nothing better to do but do schoolwork and go out with friends very occasionally, it made it all the longer. November 2008 was a wait and a half.

And you know what? It was worth it. Unleashed was a great game despite it's strange flaws, but it saved at least my perception of the Sonic series. It nailed everything down just as I wanted it at the time: Sonic Rush in 3D. It's not what I want now, no, but I'm more than willing to admit it was mind-blowing at the time and still today is insanely cool. Plus, that atmosphere, fdhasjf.

////////////////

Oh, but if we're talking about hype as of now?

Anything from Nintendo's main franchises.

Smash and Kart 8 have my attention front and center right now, but I await the announcement of Zelda U as well, and hope with all of my being that Nintendo will announce new Metroids, Star Foxs, and whatever else that won't actually happen because Nintendo might as well be called the Mario Machine now. ;;

But no really, I guess I just get excited for Nintendo's biggest franchises to make their moves. That's where all my anticipation lies.

• Thumbs Up 7

gaming_kingdom_hearts_3.png\

Just the announcement that, yes, Kingdom Hearts III is in development was enough to shoot it to the high end of my most anticipated games list. To put this into perspective, Kingdom Hearts 2 came out 8 years ago. Since then we've mostly been restricted to hit or miss handheld titles. Many people thought Kingdom Hearts III would join the ranks of The Last Guardian and Half Life 3. The release date is still a LONG ways off, but I'm glad that we at least have an idea of what it'll look like. 

Super_Smash_Bros_4_merged_logo%2C_no_sub

Super Smash Bros is easily the series I've put the most raw playtime into, despite there currently being only 3 games in the series. I only regularly play 2 of them even, but the combat system is so ingeniously designed. It's flexible. The large amount of options guarantees that it'll be a while before you get bored. Smash 4 is boasting a heavy tweaking of all the veteran fighters along with the most unique set of Newcomers yet. Not to mention the gorgeous stages, soundtrack, and all the other surprises that'll no doubt be discovered when the game launches.

20130630220354!Kingdom_Hearts_III_Logo.P

AHHHHH. Does it even need explaining? Kingdom Hearts III, in the wait for its announcement, became one of those titles which you thought would never see the light of day. Years and years of spin-offs on multiple handheld consoles kept fans waiting and bulked the story but it was never Kingdom Hearts III. And then finally, after seven-ish years, Nomura announces it and the crowd goes crazy. Now we're starved for details once again and the development keeps going slowly, but at least we've finally had this title shown and the progress is coming along slowly. I'm hoping that we'd see a late 2015 release but I'm guessing it's gonna be 2016 realistically. So much waiting. Sigh.

tumblr_n594sb9AXX1s3slzso1_500.png

Back when I said Pokemon was the franchise was one I I wasn't joking around. When the new Generation 3 remakes got announced, despite having zero footage to go off the hype made all itself. Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald were the three titles I probably used my GBA most for. The region is memorable for a hell of a lot of reasons - the jokey ones such as the abundance of trumpets, oceans and Wingull, but I also have my own fond memories of the games - such as the advancements in the storytelling department. Kyogre flooding the world and having to make your way to Sootopolis was a moment that stuck with me even now, and so was unlocking the puzzle behind the three Regis. Man, I am excited for this.

I'm also looking forward to a load of other titles this year like Smash Bros, Mario Kart, KH 2.5 HD Remix and Arkham Knight. Yeah boi.

• Thumbs Up 1

Day 28: Most Anticipated Game

...are fan games allowed? I don't see why not, of course, but--you know what, I'm going for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fNbJIl_Mkg

MOTHER 4

that teaser alone holy shit

This game has been in development for quite a while (I think a few years, at least), and it's hopefully coming out by the end of this year! I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be getting this as an incredible Christmas gift (yes ""Winter 2014"" could mean early 2015 and there could be delays but I want to believe). Yes, fan games are notorious for ending up in development hell and all sorts of other controversies, but if there's one that I really, really, reallyreally hope sees the light of day, it's THIS. I'm especially hyped for the music, based on what's been released it's gonna be great and true to the series. Hell, the game as a whole already looks true to the series.

...but uh, If that doesn't count for whatever reason, I'll point out Live Free or Smash Bros. because it looks awesome and Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Especially the latter. Generation 3 was the first time I actually played Pokemon games, before that I had heard of the games but only new anything about Poke The Mons by the anime and the TCG. Also Hoenn is badass, don't listen to the haters!!

Honourable Mentions (mostly games that are already out that I was super hype about and stuff)

• Sonic Generations
  • Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Spyro 3 since I had played the second game a lot and loved it and then tHE GAME DIDN'T WORK BECAUSE OF A CHIP OR SOMETHING WHAT THE FUCK SONY AND/OR DEVELOPERS AND/OR WHOEVER ELSE WAS RESPONSIBLE
  • all these games in this list start with an S what the fuck
  • Thumbs Up 2

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Game

Is this even a question? It has to be Persona 5.

hcY7QYi.png

Six years. It took them six fucking years but it was finally announced last year during the best stream ever.

Like I already said, Persona is my favorite franchise and I've been waiting for the next major instalment of the franchise for years. Some time ago P5 was basically like HL3, everyone joked that it would never come out, but unlike HL3, P5 was already somewhat confirmed to be in development since Catherine was released.

Then it happened, Atlus announced a Persona related stream that would happen on 11/21/2013 and I couldn't contain my hype. On the said day I woke up at 10am during a fucking weekend, sit on my computer and watched the event unfold. I got to say, this stream made me both lose my shit and be so fucking happy at the same time. Why? Well, for starters three games plus P5 where announced and one of them was Persona Q, a spin-off for the 3DS. The problem is that no one knew that other stuff was going to be announced after it and as soon as I saw the 3DS logo I got so fucking pissed. After it Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold was announced to come for the PS3 and then Persona 4 Dance All Night for the Vita. At that point I wasn't that mad anymore, after all it was just one of the many announcements and then Teddie who was hosting the stream received a letter from the producers, got nervous and started waving goodbye while saying that the show was over, but then the background turns red and 55:555 appears. The hype was out of this world, the countdown started and at the end...

Bang!

New characters, new story and better gameplay, everything in HD. I just can't fucking wait.

• Thumbs Up 2

Day 28 - Most Anticipated Game: Clutching Straws Edition

I am a dreamer at heart. You can put these amazing concrete games right over the horizon but I'd rather long for the one far out of my reach. Sure, I'm excited to get my hands on OmegaRuby and Smash!

half-life-3-logo.jpg

But I really don't think there's a game I want in my grasp more than Half-Life 3. The series is one of my favorites ever and Valve games are always high quality, so naturally I'd be anticipating it. What makes it so enticing though is what an abrupt end Half-Life 2 had. You spend all of Episode 2 introducing the Combine Advisors as now being especially relevant, but keep them relatively mysterious, you ramp up the Combine's invasion, bringing in the Hunters and finishing off with this huge assault on one of humanity's last strongholds. Then you throw in this fucking wild revelation that Aperture Science is now involved, Mossman's in danger, Gordon's off to the arctic, and end on the saddest cliffhanger possible. Wow, what a game! I can't wait for more!

Here we are, seven years later. Not a decent word on what's going on with it. Yet knowing Valve's dedication to putting out such fantastic games, and knowing Source 2's development is well underway, there's not a reason in the world to be anything but excited for what's to come, as painfully long as it may take.

• Thumbs Up 3

Day 27: Most Anticipated Game

At the current moment, my most highly anticipated game would have to be this one right here:

SSB_For_Wii_U_And_3DS_Logo.png

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U)

Really I don't know anyone of my friends who arent looking forward to Smash Bros for Wii U, even those who don't own a Wii U. THere is something about this party fighter series that is fun as a single player, but even better when you have friends too. Im really looking forward to playing this on my own, as well as online with friends I have moved away from and with all of you guys! As winter gets closer and closer i just get more hyped! I will be buying the 3DS version too, but the HD one is the version I am really looking forward too!

My MOST anticipated game ever...hmm that would probably have to be this one right here

Super-Mario-Galaxy1.jpg

Super Mario Galaxy

This game i remember was hyped EVERYWHERE when it was first announced, the new 3D Mario game and it was clear that after the mixed reception Mario Sunshine recieved that Nintendo were aiming high, stratospheric even. I read many an article about this game in various places, magazines, the internet, and they always had enough to interest you, but enough to still keep the game mysterious.

And then the reviews started coming out, and it seemed like this game could be the game of the year, heck maybe even the decade, there was hardly anything wrong with the game in reviewers eyes and in many players eyes aswell. I remember getting home from school, literally throwing by schoolbag through the door, grabbing my money and pushing my dad out of the door to go and buy it. I literally could not wait to get home to play this game and when I did i was not let down. not even once.

Some other examples are Sonic Adventure 2, but that was mostly through my brother, i wasnt really old enough to understand much or remember that much.

Sonic Unleashed and Generations I was really hyped by, Unleashed probably moreso due to the lack of many spoilers

Brawl was a big hype for me and my sister, we saved up for months to buy it

Diamond and Pearl was also really anticipated, the first 3D esque pokemn game on the DS, so you can imagine my surprise when my brother gave me one he bought for me in america, where it was released earlier than here