Awoo.

Bloodborne (PS4) "To Byrgenwerth we go!"

Badnik Mechanic

Final boss is fucking awesome. Fantastic fight, spent all my flasks, dodges, counters, viscerals, anime moves, constant tension. Amazing arena too, in the words of the notebook: reminiscent of snake, therefore you've come to the right place.

Next up: NG+ and the other endings

Does the online work better?

Reportedly yes, tho I haven't noticed any difference (didn't have any issues prior).

There's a bunch of undocumented fixes in the patch that I'm glad to see, as well. i.e.: the make contact gesture doesn't screw up the arm animation constraints anymore

So Amygdala is absolute dickface.

I've spent the entire night trying to fight him, and the closest I've gotten is his life bar just under the end of his name during stage 3. Most of the time I die in stage two, but goddamn am I having a hard time with this boss. The only viable weapon I have at the moment is the cane, which the whip luckily can hit him a lot as long as I stay around his feet. Been doing a strategy to try and lock him into doing stomps so I can damage his arms/face. Been trying to use bolt paper but I'm on my last one blah.

Anyone have any tips for this boss? Honestly been trying to find random people to help and the only one in the area at the time (he's helped me like 4 times now lmao) isn't very good, and actually makes the fight a little harder for me since it triggers him to jump around more and become less predictable

Also just learned that you can actually play with a friend? Didn't know you can go to the network option and set a password, and if whoever you want to play with has the exact same password, then when you use the beckoning bell shit you'll sync up with them.

...so if anyone here wants to wreck that boss I'm struggling on be my gues-*shot*

I'd help but I'm probably out of your level range. How are your stats?

He's an optional boss tho so consider coming back with a different/better setup and more papers.

Agreed with Dobkeratops. It might be best to come back later with a more optimal build and equipment. In general sticking to it's legs seems to be a sound approach, so you have the right idea.

What level are you, Wolfy?

So I got bloodborne and my PS4 the other day, can't wait to start this up and join in on the hunts, too bad I don't have PS plus though would be nice to get invasions during this.

I'm level 42 I think, which is probably high enough (?) and I'm just majorly sucking balls lmao.

The reason I wanted to get it done now was to actually get that Ailing Loran Chalice so I could go get the Beast Claw weapon there. I've really been wanting that weapon since I've gotten the game and getting rather tired of the cane. I know it's a Dark Souls nono, but I'm kicking myself for having near identical stats for both Skill and Strength, but the reason I wanted to was to try all the new weapons (namely Stake Driver lawl).

While I'm not able to check right now, I think my full stats are roughly 20 Vitality, 18-20 Stamina, 18 Skill/Strength, 6 Bloodtinge, 10 Arcane. Could be a bit off on some but that's the rough estimate anyway.

You're pretty low for that boss. 50-60 would be better, and you'll get more helpers at that range. Be aware that the more people you summon the more HP the boss gets.

If it's any consolation, the BC are pretty damn fun (like almost every weapon in the game). It's no Stake Driver tho.

Also you're gonna want to pump a lot of damage for Loran dungeons and git gud at dodgin' because enemies there will murder you in 2 hits. Better start levelin'

I'm level 42 I think, which is probably high enough (?) and I'm just majorly sucking balls lmao.

The reason I wanted to get it done now was to actually get that Ailing Loran Chalice so I could go get the Beast Claw weapon there. I've really been wanting that weapon since I've gotten the game and getting rather tired of the cane. I know it's a Dark Souls nono, but I'm kicking myself for having near identical stats for both Skill and Strength, but the reason I wanted to was to try all the new weapons (namely Stake Driver lawl).

While I'm not able to check right now, I think my full stats are roughly 20 Vitality, 18-20 Stamina, 18 Skill/Strength, 6 Bloodtinge, 10 Arcane. Could be a bit off on some but that's the rough estimate anyway.

Those stats are fine. Equal STR/SKL is what's called a Quality Build. Totally valid style depending on your weapon. I'm running Quality on my Ludwig's character.

• Thumbs Up 1

Those stats are fine. Equal STR/SKL is what's called a Quality Build. Totally valid style depending on your weapon. I'm running Quality on my Ludwig's character.

Ludwig has great scaling on both Str/Skl, but if he's using Cane he'll get a major boost prioritizing Skl.

BC has mediocre scaling, less so on Str but I presume most of the damage is meant to come from its special effect and it being a quick slashes type of weapon.

Well I killed her at 42, fuck yes.

Spent 3 bolt paper and only got hit like 3 times with constant dodging under her legs and whatnot. Got pretty lucky in the third stage of the fight since all she did was stomps through and through but feels pretty badass lmao. Now I just need to survive the first layer of Ailing Loran and I'll finally get that damned Beast Claw haha

Beast Claw scaling is poor until the weapon is fully upgraded, at which point the STR stat scaling is acceptable and the others stilll suck. Damage definitely comes from Beasthood effect and R1 spam all day. In this regard, stamina is more important. You'll want enough to build up your combos multiple times with enough left to dodge. I personally wouldn't touch a quality build without at least C/C scaling unless I happen to really like the weapon. Cane definitely warrants SKL.

Oh, and as a result of the recent patch...RIP Cannon.

Yeah for the record there's an emphasis on "depending on your weapon" there lol. If you're running a cane you shouldn't do quality.

Again it sort of just happened out of nature of wanting to try all the weapons out, was not really specifically going for a quality build on purpose. Will probably start a new game again in the future but it's been all for fun this first go about. Getting the beast claw is just more of a personal want and not really a matter of "aw sick statz, gonna wreck pvp" in mind. With the game having soft caps at 50, and the stats becoming less noticeable in change starting at 25, I don't see it as a nick anyway in having 20/20 strength/skill atm anyway lawl.

Also noticed there's a Beast rune that at third tier gives you like +100 beasthood, and the beast claw is also dependent on having a low insight. I'm sure these other factors play a better role in its usage than it's shotty scaling, but who knows. I guess that's what trying it out is for *shrugs*

On the topic anyway, my progress had another unsuspected turn after beating Amygdala. Turns out to start the chalice you needed 9 tier 4 blood rituals. Soooo, had to progress a bit further in my earlier chalices, and then got a code from somewhere to grind for some through Snatchers. Got 6 of 9 but with their 25% drop rate, been kinda unlucky.

EDIT: Got it <3.

It's pretty dang fun to use and are waaaay super fast. With the new blood gems I've gotten over trying to get the damn thing, having them at +6 is actually not far off from the damage my +7 cane does (it's like 10 less, but definitely made up with the dps). The only thing that'll be tricky is that when transformed I can't shoot, but I might make good practice of using both the cane and the claw for different situations. For example, the possessed beast I fought in Ailing Loran (which btw my character was noooot ready for but with patience wasn't so bad haha), I don't think I could've done it without the cane's transformed whip R2. It interrupted nearly every attack of the thing.

But yeah I'm glad I kinda created my own side quest to get the Beast Claw. I played through the entirety of Dark Souls 2 with dual Caestuses and it was a blast, so I'm looking forward to finishing the rest of the game with this.

• 3 weeks later...