Awoo.

Bloodborne (PS4) "To Byrgenwerth we go!"

Badnik Mechanic

Man, only been a week since this game came out and we already have people speedrunning this game in under an hour, GG speedrunning community.

Does anybody else have a serious problem with not wanting to part ways with your starting weapon? I've used the Threaded Cane for the entire journey almost exclusively. My secondary is the Burial Blades only because their movesets are so damn cool.

Had a queeestion

I'm not very far in the game still, but has anyone received the Beast Claw weapon yet? And if so is it awesome with it's active perk thing or? Was hoping it was more in the first half of the game at least since the weapon sounds interesting to me and would prooolly want to run the rest of the game with it lmao

I fought my first boss today.

It was Father Gascoigne, and I was doing really well against him too.

And then he did the thing I knew he was going to do, but really didn't want him to. He went all Beast Mode on me when his health dropped down to about 1/5 left, and then proceeded to tear me to shreds.

I found like 2 or 3 more shortcuts though, so it was a good run in the end.

Had a queeestion

I'm not very far in the game still, but has anyone received the Beast Claw weapon yet? And if so is it awesome with it's active perk thing or? Was hoping it was more in the first half of the game at least since the weapon sounds interesting to me and would prooolly want to run the rest of the game with it lmao

I haven't encountered it in the game, but I looked it up, and the scaling isn't that great. It's best stat is strength, so if you want to use it, then it'd be smart to put some points into strength. It looks pretty sweet.

About halfway through my second playthrough, using vague guides on the internet to point me towards all the optional stuff.  Gotta say, I'm absolutely loving all the side stuff, and I'm enjoying this second playthrough even more than the first.  Also got Ludwig's Holy Blade, praise it.

Didn't do much Chalice dungeon stuff in the first playthrough (admittedly I didn't really get how they worked until later), but now I'm making sure to do all of the major ones.  Some of these bosses are CRAZY.

If you didn't like the feeling of the difficulty in the Souls games then I highly doubt Bloodborne will be your cup of tea.  It still requires tons of caution and it likes surprising you.  Hell, I love all these games, but I can firmly admit that they are most definitely NOT 100% fair 100% of the time.  There were at least a few moments in Bloodborne where I legitimately call bullshit, I just put up with those kinds of moments because I love the overall experience.

Long story short, you'll still die a lot.

Making one (shoddy and awful) video game doesn't really make you a professional, Brianna. In the wise words of an infamous doctor/knight:

ihPMWGiBYNsE8.png

Not every game should be Bloodborne, but Bloodborne should still exist and still get praised for rewarding more patient and experienced players. It's a different kind of appeal that, obviously, a lot of people enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 4

I... actually agree with the notion that accessabillity is important, but I haven't played Bloodborne. Is it accessable or is it like Dark Souls where minor errors get you killed?

It depends on how you look at it.  I'd say it's more accessible than Dark Souls but also more difficult.  There's less general complexity, as in things are more clearly explained and streamlined, and there aren't a ton of crazy redundant stats to keep track of.  The combat is also more forgiving but also more demanding; dodging, fleeing and recovering are much easier but the game compensates by giving enemies greater speed and range.  In other words, you're probably going to die at least as much, but it's more likely to feel like your own fault.

Just beat the third boss. Game is solid so far, a few technical hiccups aside (to be expected, this is FromSoft after all). The Stake Driver is absolutely the best weapon in anything ever, I swear.

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the shit out of Ludwig's but I think I'm gonna switch to the Chikage for my PvP character.

From what I can tell, the Holy Blade and Kirkhammer are proving to be very popular with the playerbase. Never heard of the Chikage.

The Chikage is

a secret katana that's basically the Muramasa. S scaling with Bloodtinge - two handed form drains your health continuously.

Ludwig's is awesome, I really love it, but it's too popular lol. If not the Chikage I'm also thinking of going for the Blades of Mercy or Beast Claw. Kirkhammer is good but I ditched it for Ludwig's.

Got the pyramidal shaped helmet. All I require now is the Meat Cleaver.

From pls give.

Just beat the third boss. Game is solid so far, a few technical hiccups aside (to be expected, this is FromSoft after all). The Stake Driver is absolutely the best weapon in anything ever, I swear.

Stake Driver is so good. Fantastic, intricate, unique weapon design that seamlessly blends the trick weapon system into its functionality.

Agreed. I find myself making extensive use of both forms in combat. It's definitely the most unique weapon I've picked up so far and I'll probably stick with it for the rest of the game. The unreleased R2 fully-charged is the absolute embodiment of awesome but impractical. Incredibly badass with absurd damage output, but it's not applicable to general or fast-paced combat - I usually reserve it for only the slowest of enemies.                      

Also, I haven't been invaded once yet.

So I don't feel like bumping the dark souls topic and am going to ask this here

Is there any other campfires after that one with the creepy NPC? It's getting really aggrivating having to travel back to where I died. The fun I was having just disappeared.

Agreed. I find myself making extensive use of both forms in combat. It's definitely the most unique weapon I've picked up so far and I'll probably stick with it for the rest of the game. The unreleased R2 fully-charged is the absolute embodiment of awesome but impractical. Incredibly badass with absurd damage output, but it's not applicable to general or fast-paced combat - I usually reserve it for only the slowest of enemies.                      

Also, I haven't been invaded once yet.