Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

So I've been thinking a bit about the remakes, and... don't they usually do something to barren or non-used areas to make them more appealing/entertaining?

What, apart from all the water, is one of the few places of Hoenn which, apart from its slight history lesson, does nothing save for create an interesting battle arna while not being specifically so?

The Abandoned Ship.

Apart from a scanner that needs to be found, it has no plot relevance at all. What if it became a bigger part of the region? Not integral to the plot bigger, but much more important than 'a singular object needs finding. A load of crew members have been searching a long time for it and you just happen to find it within ten minutes'. What if it got upgraded to a Battle Stadium of some kinds, like the Pokemon World Tournament from Black/White 2, but also had the plot quest still in tact?

So I've been thinking a bit about the remakes, and... don't they usually do something to barren or non-used areas to make them more appealing/entertaining?

What, apart from all the water, is one of the few places of Hoenn which, apart from its slight history lesson, does nothing save for create an interesting battle arna while not being specifically so?

The Abandoned Ship.

Apart from a scanner that needs to be found, it has no plot relevance at all. What if it became a bigger part of the region? Not integral to the plot bigger, but much more important than 'a singular object needs finding. A load of crew members have been searching a long time for it and you just happen to find it within ten minutes'. What if it got upgraded to a Battle Stadium of some kinds, like the Pokemon World Tournament from Black/White 2, but also had the plot quest still in tact?

I think the Abandoned Ship could be a great hiding for a Legendary Pokémon in the Post Game or an Event.

I hope they do something with Artisan Cave, where all you could find was a Sudowoodo, blocking the way, and Smeargle.

Also, hope they make Mirage Island more valuable. I've never found it and all I know that's on it is a Berry Patch and Wynaut.

The Abandoned Ship.

We already have an entire island dedicated to different styles of battling, so if they're going to add the World Tournament, that's the place for it. Not to mention that an abandoned ship that is falling apart and flooded its not the best place to be used as a tournament arena.

If they're doing something with that place, I'd rather have a mysterious place with diary entries telling the story of the original crew like the Pokémon Mansion or be related to Team Aqua in some way.

Another place that kinda needs more attention is Shoal Cave and the Scorched Slab that is only there to be a reference to an old japanese myth.

The success of the Old Chateau in Diamond/Pearl has led to a pretty noticeable trend of creepy, haunted locations in the following games, so I would be surprised if they didn't lever something like that into ORAS, especially where there's already a solid footing.  GameFreak's perfectly willing to completely redesign a location if they want to; Mount Silver in HGSS is almost entirely different from the GSC original.

So I was just thinking. HGSS randomly reintroduced walking Pokémon, and the feature was dropped again in BW. If only cause ORAS are remakes like HGSS were, does anyone else think that walking Pokéon might return again?

inb4 people expecting news

• Thumbs Up 1

So I was just thinking. HGSS randomly reintroduced walking Pokémon, and the feature was dropped again in BW. If only cause ORAS are remakes like HGSS were, does anyone else think that walking Pokéon might return again?

inb4 people expecting news

I highly doubt it. If they do I think they'll limit it to the starters, the pichu line, and the box Legendaries.

I highly doubt it. If they do I think they'll limit it to the starters, the pichu line, and the box Legendaries.

How come? The Pokémon models already exist. The only issue I can see is size, which can be overcome with scaling down the big ones or just prohibiting their use entirely. HGSS did the same. I'm not expecting the feature anyway, just mulling it over. It's something people seem to really like.

How come? The Pokémon models already exist. The only issue I can see is size, which can be overcome with scaling down the big ones or just prohibiting their use entirely. HGSS did the same. I'm not expecting the feature anyway, just mulling it over. It's something people seem to really like.

As much as I would love the walking pokemon feature to come back, I still think it's kind of unlikely. I know the models already exist but now there are over 700+ pokemon and I think it'll be difficult creating overworld models for each and everyone of them. I could be wrong though.

Walking pokemon. Now that I'm game for.

As much as I would love the walking pokemon feature to come back, I still think it's kind of unlikely. I know the models already exist but now there are over 700+ pokemon and I think it'll be difficult creating overworld models for each and everyone of them. I could be wrong though.

The models would be the same. That's the whole point of the models- all they'd require is a simply walking animation for each 'mon.

Out of curiosity, are the field models in X and Y for the few Pokemon encountered outside of battle (Espurr, Zygarde, Mewtwo and so on) the same as their battle models, or are they separate?  Even if GameFreak can use the battle models, though, adding individual walking animations to over seven hundred Pokemon sounds like no mean feat.  I'd really like walking Pokemon to be back too, but at this point I suspect it's not coming back save for a special few.

They've bullshitted animation for 14 years, not sure why they have to go through tons of effort now.

Just make the stupid models bounce up and down in a stock position when they run. No one gives a shit but nitpickers, people just want to interact with their Pokemon.

Hell, use one of the other 4 fucking buttons they're so goddamn reluctant to use. Have the R button call out your Pokemon to talk to you in their battle animation. Simple as that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Surely they wouldn't need all 700 models anyway?

Wouldn't they just need the the gen 1-3 plus a few extras like legendaries from the newer gens and starters?

I don't think HGSS had many Gen 3 or 4 min aside from legendaries and starters

Ugh. I just remembered something.

Are we going to get another event Pokemon like the Spiky-eared Pichu? I really hope not...

Surely they wouldn't need all 700 models anyway?
Wouldn't they just need the the gen 1-3 plus a few extras like legendaries from the newer gens and starters?
I don't think HGSS had many Gen 3 or 4 min aside from legendaries and starters

You could trade any Pokemon the moment trading is available in HGSS.

And yes, they would need all 800+ models (for forms 'n stuff), since it wouldn't really make sense to have it only for a few select Pokemon.

Fair enough then, I haven't played HGSS I'm years

Pichu got the form because it's essentially the Gen II mascot in all but name only. Just another way to hype up Gen II.

Is there a Pokemon from Gen III that can claim mascot rep status above the rest? Only two I can think of are Plusle and Minun, but not one above the other.

Either them or Blaziken, given Game Freak's constant pandering to it. But Blaziken getting a Mega is enough, if they try to push it any further with another new form it's probably going to be received with negative feedback.

So...apparently, I just found out about the four new Mega Forms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the following Pokémon have confirmed trademarks recently:

- Sceptile, Swampert, Plusle, Minun, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre

I hope we get more Megas than that, though. Gimme Mega Seviper, Mega Shiftry, and Mega Zangoose. Mega Milotic! There are so many great options...

- Sceptile,  Gimme Mega Sceptile,...

Wait a minute. What? If Sceptile's a  confirmed one already, why is he still in your requests???

- Sceptile, Swampert, Plusle, Minun, Groudon, Rayquaza, Kyogre

I hope we get more Megas than that, though. Gimme Mega Seviper, Mega Shiftry, and Mega Zangoose. Mega Milotic! There are so many great options...

Jynx was one of the trademarked Pokémon that didn't get Mega Form. All the other ones that suffered from the same fate where Hoenn Pokémon, the ones you listed.

We already know that Latios and Latias are getting Mega Evolutions from the data in Pokemon X and Y. Oh and the covers practically confirm Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre. So yeah, we may already know the four

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega Slaking...and Norman can use it in the gym battle. XD

I want to see Megas for the rest of the starters (obviousy) and beautiful Milotic. Seriously, Milotic needs one more than bloody Plusle and Minun. And yeah, where the hell is mah Mega Jynx?? Was looking forward to seeing her as a parody of Nicky Minaj. ><

• Thumbs Up 1