Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

I'd bet that everything from Emerald will be carried over, apart from the roles each Team plays which will instead remain as they were in Riby/Sapphire. Not sure quite where that leaves the Magma Lair or Space Centre take over from Emerald, but I should hope they make the cut (at least in OR).

I'd bet that everything from Emerald will be carried over, apart from the roles each Team plays which will instead remain as they were in Riby/Sapphire. Not sure quite where that leaves the Magma Lair or Space Centre take over from Emerald, but I should hope they make the cut (at least in OR).

All I want, is a recreation of that amazing cutscene of Rayquaza telling Groudon and Kyogre to piss the fuck off.

Is that too much to ask?

• Thumbs Up 5

All I want, is a recreation of that amazing cutscene of Rayquaza telling Groudon and Kyogre to piss the fuck off.

Is that too much to ask?

Complete with all new "These fucking kids" gifs.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll believe there's a Delta Emerald when and only when that cutscene isn't in ORAS.  They'll find a way.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah if there isn't a Groudon/Kyogre fight with Rayquaza intervening in ORAS (and let's be honest there really should be) then I'll start thinking DE is happening.

• Thumbs Up 1

They might actually retain Team Magma's role in OR and Team Aqua's role in AS like in original Ruby and Sapphire, but also adding the contents from Emerald.  

One thing is making me wonder though. Concerning about the postgame; I wonder if they'll cover the Sevii Islands. I say that because if you look at the PokéEarth map on Serebii, the Sevii Islands are not that far from Hoenn. I also wonder if Bill will make an appearance too.

It's really easy to insert Emerald's plot in OR/AS, just make everything like in Emerald until you have to wake up Groudon/Kyogre. At that point just make an excuse so players don't get to see the opposed team awake their mascot.

One thing is making me wonder though. Concerning about the postgame; I wonder if they'll cover the Sevii Islands. I say that because if you look at the PokéEarth map on Serebii, the Sevii Islands are not that far from Hoenn. I also wonder if Bill will make an appearance too.

That thing is fan made. There is no canon map that shows where the regions are located in the Pokémon world.

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't wait for these games. I am about to beat Soul Silver (Leveling up to beat Red/Ash) and I've basically nostalgia'd hard the whole time playing it. 

Also, a buddy of mine posted this on my facebook wall a week or so ago. I died.

SEVlxlU.jpg

The Jim face says it all.

• Thumbs Up 5

This is interesting.http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/nintendo-trademarks-pokemon-delta-emerald-in-japan/The third version usually isn't remade seeing as the added features are usually incorporated in the remakes. Of course, registering a copyright's can mean anything, but "Delta Emerald" sounds a little too specific to be meaningless.

Edit :Oh, looks like I was a little late.

Speaking of integrating Emerald's plot into ORAS, there's also the matter of Emerald having a different eighth gym leader and champion.  In R/S, Wallace is the eighth leader and Steven is the champion, but in Emerald, a guy called Juan is the eighth gym leader, Wallace is the champion, and Steven is a postgame hidden superboss.  I wondered if maybe the main game could use the R/S character assignments, but the postgame could use the Emerald versions?

...Then again, that's too many Water-type top trainers for me, and Hoenn has too much water already, so I'd just shuffle Juan into an NPC role with an optional battle somewhere.  I get the feeling that they invented Juan because they wanted Wallace to have an expanded role, and thought that was inappropriate for a non-champion as back in those days gym leaders did nothing except sit in their gyms all day (as too many of them still do).  Speaking of which, I hope some of the gym leaders will have expanded roles, but do not expect it.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's really easy to insert Emerald's plot in OR/AS, just make everything like in Emerald until you have to wake up Groudon/Kyogre. At that point just make an excuse so players don't get to see the opposed team awake their mascot.

That thing is fan made. There is no canon map that shows where the regions are located in the Pokémon world.

Oh... uh... oops. But still, I think Game Freak might bring back the Sevii Islands in postgame as a mean to at least give us something more to explore.

Nah. As much as the Sevii Islands are great, I've been taking that trailer way too serious in thinking about this.

It says a new world. It doesn't mention any of the spin-offs, and the nearest a spin-off has come to the main series is the Orre region with the Shadow Pokemon games on the Gamecube. Now I'm not saying Shadow Pokemon are going to come into it, but we're now into the transitional stages of 3D worlds within the main games. The Orre region was made specifically for 3D environments, and while it might not be fully revitalised, I'm thinking something along the lines of a history lesson about the region for those who haven't previously been apart of the third generation and so missed out on the games. Cameo battles with Michael and Wes, and maybe a number of others.

But I don't know. They're talking of a brand new world, but the only world in Gen III apart from Hoenn is Orre.

OR, they're just using "Brand New World" because it's a marketing buzzphrase.  With graphical changes and a few extra routes, it would, technically, be a "brand new world".

I doubt this is going to be anything that really thinks outside the box, although I'm certainly open to being pleasantly surprised.

• Thumbs Up 5

You guys have to keep in mind that Pokémon remakes are marketed toward new players, not primarily fans of the originals. So yeah it's gonna be new to most people who will be playing these games.

Right. Because these new players have never been to Hoenn before. Unless there was a copy of Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald lying around their house.

I don't know about you guys but I kind of want the Decolora and Orange Islands to be in the game canonically.

Right. Because these new players have never been to Hoenn before. Unless there was a copy of Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald lying around their house.

If they have a copy of those games then they wouldn't be new players, would they?

• Thumbs Up 1

I seem to remember Serebii noting that the "brand new world" terminology had been used in advertising previous remakes as well.  I can think of a bunch of justifications for calling it new without it actually involving any new locations whatsoever.  (Though I wouldn't be surprised by one or two.)

That, and, if I recall correctly from Serebii's front page, I'm pretty sure Iwata cleared up that this is Hoenn we're going back to, and these games are remakes of the originals we've played in our younger days -- just marketing buzzwords!

Yeah. Maybe I should have made that clearer.

I meant in terms of post-game content. The entire of Hoenn as the main game, with Orre as post-game. And it doesn't necessarily have to be the entire of Orre either. And since Orre is just made up of towns and cities with no routes, it wouldn't take that much space to implement.

Maybe I really am asking too much though. And if it is just marketing buzzwords...

Eh. CoroCoro will have leaked before then. And assuming they're still doing the "every place other than Japan gets info first" thing, we'll most likely have footage by then, too.

I really hope to see new artwork for a Gym Leader.

E3 will have come and gone by then, they'll probably just be showing the stuff that was at E3 for Japanese audiences.

I'm not gonna bother. Whatever "exclusive" footage they show will probably get uploaded to Nintendo's YouTube channel within the next half hour of it premiering in better quality regardless. 

• Thumbs Up 1