Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

So Serebii said that those new Kyogre/Groudon Mega Evos were "Primal Devolutions" or something.

Unless I'm missing something here, the implication is that this makes them weaker... in which case, why would you even consider using them?!

I see it as more their prehistoric formes that are more beastly, huge and brute-force-y.

Anyone who's played the Mystery Dungeon games, remember Primal Dialga?

• Thumbs Up 2

So Serebii said that those new Kyogre/Groudon Mega Evos were "Primal Devolutions" or something.

Unless I'm missing something here, the implication is that this makes them weaker... in which case, why would you even consider using them?!

I'm pretty sure by "devolution" they're referring to, well, the real life form of evolution. That is, a species changing over a long period of time or whatever, as opposed to Pokemon's instant transformation under the right circumstances. I can see where the confusion would begin here, but it's pretty obvious what they mean by it.

However, will we see other "Primal Devolutions"? I guess there's Aerodactyl, possibly...

Never watched Dragon Ball?

280px-MajinBuuKidDebutNV.png

=P

I have a theory regarding that Mega Charizard X: It's a placeholder to hide Steven's real Mega Evolution, which is likely to be his Metagross. As someone already mentioned, it's set to level 100, which is suspicious enough, but also, why would they give him a Mega Charizard over his most iconic Pokémon? Mayhaps they want to save a big reveal for later.

That's what I was thinking, it seems really random they'd give him a Pokemon completely unrelated to his type specialty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being asleep for hundreds of year made them weaker. The devolutions are them returning to their prime forms.

Anime does this shit a lot, like the bad guy was sealed for thousands of years and now that he has been awaken he needs some time to be all perfect again and shit.

I'm guessing that fossil Pokémon will lose their rock type if they get this devolutions. Also, this means that we might see the original Genesect.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont understand the dislike for the redesigns, I love May and think Brendan's design is really cool, the attire is really form fitting makes sense for a tropical climate, I really like it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm guessing that fossil Pokémon will lose their rock type if they get this devolutions. Also, this means that we might see the original Genesect.

Doubt we'll see a stronger, unmodified Genesect as that. Wasn't the whole point of Genesect that Plasma took an ancient Pokémon, revived it and thought to themselves "OK, let's make this thing even stronger than it already is"? Making Primal Genesect stronger than Plasma Genesect kinda undermines that.

I'd sooner see the original Genesect as a different entity entirely, like Carbink and Diancie.

So hang on, I like the idea of Primal Groudon/Kyogre, but where are we getting the idea that this is a new kind of evolution that will also apply to other Pokémon? I thought it was literally just the name of Groudon/Kyogre's Mega forms or that this forme change was exclusive to them like the Therian Formes being exclusive to the Kami Trio?

As cool as it'd be for there to be Primal Forms of other PoKémon, I don't see any reason that'll be the case unless it was confirmed or implied somewhere and I missed it.

So they actually decided to give Sceptile a secondary typing, albeit only when Mega Evolved. Good, that was stupid that it was the only one without  a secondary typing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, does this mean Atom Rayquaza as well? HYPE GET.

Sugomori fail, he didn't realize he made Brendan/Ruby cross-eyed.

Overall, pretty sweet designs, I'll say. There's a lot more variation between the Teams, as well, and I barely even noticed Team Aqua all being coloured.

Team Aqua looks bloody fantastic. I'm used to getting the first game in the pair while my brother gets the second, but screw that, I want to fight these badasses.

Especially Matt. How he went from

Spr_RS_Matt.png

to THAT is beyond me, but I don't care.

• Thumbs Up 2

I dont understand the dislike for the redesigns, I love May and think Brendan's design is really cool, the attire is really form fitting makes sense for a tropical climate, I really like it.

I dunno man, Brendan is looking kind of rapey.

While I do agree that May as a nice redesign, I can't say the same about Brendan. Like, there are two types of redesigns, the ones that slightly change a character by making them have new cloths and stuff like in Platinum and then you have the ones that change a character to the point that he doesns't even look like the one it was before, Lyra would be the best Pokémon example, but she really isn't supposed to be Chris.

What I'm trying to say is that Brendan just doesn't look like, well, Brendan anymore. It just looks like some random dude decided to dress like him and had to improvise since he didn't had cloths similar to Brendan's. That and his face looks fucking stupid.

The same applies to Maxi from Team Magma and while I don't have any problem with any of the other bad guys, I sure as hell have with Tabitha. That one isn't even remotely the same guy. You had this menacing dude wearing a cape and now he's just a fat comic relief guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

"Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution.

appears to have a Mega Charizard X

appears to have a Mega Charizard X

cHlGzYP.jpg

someone at Game Freak took the Rock Jokes in regards to Charizard the wrong way me thinks...

• Thumbs Up 4

To be fair about Tabitha's character he was always kind of a comedy character he was always fucking up in Gen3 he's a doofus Admin and isn't intimidating at all.

Also I don't see what's so different about Brendan either? His build is different because Sugimori's art has improved, he's tanned bc he's been getting more sun (and his characters looked really really pale before). The differences between Ethan in Gen2 and Gen4 are bigger than Brendan's differences imo.

I'm sure everyone who's mixed on the designs now tho will feel better about them after more fanart is made and we get to see them ingame and stuff. Especially if we can customise their clothes.

While I do agree that May as a nice redesign, I can't say the same about Brendan. Like, there are two types of redesigns, the ones that slightly change a character by making them have new cloths and stuff like in Platinum and then you have the ones that change a character to the point that he doesns't even look like the one it was before, Lyra would be the best Pokémon example, but she really isn't supposed to be Chris.

What I'm trying to say is that Brendan just doesn't look like, well, Brendan anymore. It just looks like some random dude decided to dress like him and had to improvise since he didn't had cloths similar to Brendan's. That and his face looks fucking stupid.

The same applies to Maxi from Team Magma and while I don't have any problem with any of the other bad guys, I sure as hell have with Tabitha. That one isn't even remotely the same guy. You had this menacing dude wearing a cape and now he's just a fat comic relief guy.

Honestly, its to the point where I don't even believe that that's really Tabitha at all.

So hang on, I like the idea of Primal Groudon/Kyogre, but where are we getting the idea that this is a new kind of evolution that will also apply to other Pokémon? I thought it was literally just the name of Groudon/Kyogre's Mega forms or that this forme change was exclusive to them like the Therian Formes being exclusive to the Kami Trio?

As cool as it'd be for there to be Primal Forms of other PoKémon, I don't see any reason that'll be the case unless it was confirmed or implied somewhere and I missed it.

Well, Rayquaza's a dead cert for Ancient Devolution, but you're right that other than that it's up in the air.  I initially recognised it as a way of giving Mega Evolution to Groudon and Kyogre (and Rayquaza) in a way that was individual to them and their backstory, and so I wouldn't expect to see it extended to anything else - but if it were, it'd be fossil Pokemon and Genesect, as they roughly fit the same context.  Somebody pointed out Mega Aerodactyl, though - its existence says to me that Ancient Devolution is just going to be for the Hoenn weather trio.  If you think about it, the fossil Pokemon haven't altered over time, you're literally resurrecting them as they existed in the past.  That's not the case for Groudon and Kyogre.

As for Tabitha et al., I am genuinely surprised that people care.  I was barely even aware of the admins as characters at all (I played RSE and I only just realised that Tabitha was meant to be male), and Maxie and Archie were pretty paper-thin as well.  The redesigns give them real individuality and personality.  Or at least, they suggest to me that the writing is going to do that.

• Thumbs Up 2

I seem to recall some fossil Pokémon Pokédex descriptions mention how they changed? I'm pretty sure Kabutops looked different back then for example.

Personally the only Pokémon I really wanna see the ancient form of is Genesect because it's such an interesting *SOUNDING* Pokémon that has like.. nothing to it at all, no real lore or development. That always annoyed me because Gen5 is well and truly buried now, along with any chance Genesect has of actually getting anything beyond "uh.. team plasma found this thing that used to look TOTALLY DIFFERENT and put a gun on it once"

I also wanna see all the Kalos Pokémon that supposedly went extinct but I'm not sure Primal Devolution would help with that.

Also I agree on the Magma/Aqua redesigns. I always found their casts to be mostly forgettable, only made more memorable by the Pokémon Adventures manga, Archie and Maxie actually look important and individual now rather than "old man in red clothes and old man in questionable blue clothes with bling bling". The Admins also look infinitely more individual now and with any luck it's because they actually are going to be fleshed out some. I can't say a single change I've seen so far really bugs me, they're all improvements imo.

• Thumbs Up 1

So hang on, I like the idea of Primal Groudon/Kyogre, but where are we getting the idea that this is a new kind of evolution that will also apply to other Pokémon?

My only guess is because there was a Primal Dialga in the Mystery Dungeon games.

To be fair about Tabitha's character he was always kind of a comedy character he was always fucking up in Gen3 he's a doofus Admin and isn't intimidating at all.

Also I don't see what's so different about Brendan either? His build is different because Sugimori's art has improved, he's tanned bc he's been getting more sun (and his characters looked really really pale before). The differences between Ethan in Gen2 and Gen4 are bigger than Brendan's differences imo.

I'm sure everyone who's mixed on the designs now tho will feel better about them after more fanart is made and we get to see them ingame and stuff. Especially if we can customise their clothes.

Tabitha might fuck up all the time, but design-wise he sure looked intimidating. He had like this shit eating grin and generic evil dude look. Personality-wise he was all bark and no bite, though, but the design made it work.

Now he's just plain awfull, especially if he still has the old personality.

I'm aware that Sugimori's art changed, but looking at May I still see her as the old May, a bit thinner but still May. When it comes to Brendan it's an entirely different reaction, for me he just isn't the same.

I don't have a problem with drastic redesigns either when they're done right, but his face alone doesn't feel right.

I'm not one to change my opinion at all with time when it comes to designs, but I guess he "might" look better in-game.

To tell the truth, I've been pretty disappointed with the male protagonists since BW2.

Tabitha might fuck up all the time, but design-wise he sure looked intimidating. He had like this shit eating grin and generic evil dude look. Personality-wise he was all bark and no bite, though, but the design made it work.

Now he's just plain awfull, especially if he still has the old personality.

Well like I said, if they're getting redesigns that actually make them look really individual it might be because they'll actually be written as individuals now. He might have a similar role but a far more memorable personality, one that works with his new look. If it turns out the way I hope, with each Admin actually standing out now, I really wouldn't have any complaints. Tabitha looked like a Grunt with purple hair before, and now he really stands out and I'm hoping he does in personality too.

My only guess is because there was a Primal Dialga in the Mystery Dungeon games.

Please note that Primal Dialga is called Dark Dialga in Japan, so it's a very different thing.

tumblr_n6tbbibKbo1qhaj56o1_250.pngtumblr_n6tbbibKbo1qhaj56o2_250.png

Acro Bike on Route 119 - 2002 vs. 2014

I hope the English Site updates soon.

• Thumbs Up 3