Awoo.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire [3DS Hoenn Remake, November 2014]

Carbo

That's the point. They look related and most people expected them to be. They're really too similar. 

And that's it, they are similar, nothing more. You know, like most 5th gen Pokemon that try to "replace" old ones.

How is Luvdisc getting a Mega a kick in the balls? Should Luvdisc be affected because GF decided to make another Pokemon like him?

I know that they look related, but at this point I think that everyone already stopped caring about that.

Sableye doesn't look awful, it's just nothing special. Mind you, I'm not keen on most of the OTT designed Megas either like Mega Garchomp.

Also, if Mightyena get's a mega evolution, which I highly doubt, I might just piss myself from too much amazingness

Hey, if the largely forgettable Houndoom can get a Mega form then I'm sure Mightyena can get one too. ;]

Mostly though, I want Mega Milotic, Metagross. Flygon and...Spinda. Yes, Spinda. XP

• Thumbs Up 1

What about Mega Huntail and Gorebyss? Huntail could be water/dragon and Gorebyss could be water/fairy.

New trailer! It's not the one they showed at the Digital Event. 

Diance is only obtainable in X and Y and will be distributed soon, but the Mega Stone is in ORAS, so basically this means that you need Pokemon Bank to get Mega Diance...very smart business move there Nintendo.

Mega Diancie looks even more ridiculous than normal Diancie. How is that even possible?

Mega Diancie looks even more ridiculous than normal Diancie. How is that even possible?

That's the power of Mega Evolution for you.  The powerful become Mega Powerful.  The cool become Mega Cool.  The ridiculous become Mega Ridiculous.  Whatever a Pokemon is, Mega Evolution will make it more so.  If there were such a thing as a Mega Luvdisc, could that be one of those fabled Pokemon called "Mega Useless"?

What about Mega Huntail and Gorebyss? Huntail could be water/dragon and Gorebyss could be water/fairy.

Eh, I think Gorebyss should be Water/Dark.

Although Gorebyss is the very picture of elegance and beauty while swimming, it is also cruel. When it spots prey, this Pokémon inserts its thin mouth into the prey's body and drains the prey of its body fluids.

That thing isn't a Pokemon, it's a demon.

New trailer! It's not the one they showed at the Digital Event. 

Diance is only obtainable in X and Y and will be distributed soon, but the Mega Stone is in ORAS, so basically this means that you need Pokemon Bank to get Mega Diance...very smart business move there Nintendo.

Why do you need Pokémon Bank? Can't you just trade between X/Y and OR/AS?

Why do you need Pokémon Bank? Can't you just trade between X/Y and OR/AS?

Dunno about that, but I guess that is plausible since they're both Gen 6 games.

I think the most exciting thing about the trailer is that we finally get to hear the entirety of the new rendition of the main theme - RSE's version has always been my favorite, and Ruby being my first makes it very special. The trumpets sound intact, and that couldn't make me happier!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys where is the official art from? The official website or some sort of press kit?

Mega Diancie looks like Goddess Madoka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Mega_Diancie_art.png

445a8495f86c725232cd7c0d2e583751.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm, so from the sound of it, Mega Swampert gets a boosted attack stat, Mega Sceptile gets boosted speed and attacking stats, and Mega Blaziken is the same as ever.

They also hint that Groudon and Kyogre get new abilities in their primal forms. Permanent weather, perhaps, that further weakens water and fire respectively?

Remember, every single region specific thing isn't going to be carried over to games within the same generation.

Within the same region, yes - but remember that Kanto never got contests when they were remade. So customisable characters, while possibly not being customisable in the same way as in Kalos, will more than likely be customisable in some way even if it's just at the start [again though, unlikely].

I think a lot of people (quite rightfully) hoped that being able to choose your character's clothes and skin colour would be a mainstay feature, I can see why they might choose not to for a remake, but it really does need to be standard for all future games imo.

I'm sure it'll still be there. They probably just don't want to showcase it right now in favor of emphasizing Hoenn material. In one shot in the shorter trailer, May has a different bag, which suggests customization will remain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Customisation is just a dumb thing to cut. They needed to expand on it, not remove it. It gave a good sense of personal identity to your trainer, especially with the skin colour choices the player had. 

• Thumbs Up 4

BL1gESx.jpg

I like the new lass design.

u7WJjDm.jpg

The new Rustboro Gym now looks a bit like a museum and what's up with Dragonite bones? GF has a hard on for those things since BW.

ySc5rZX.jpg

Also, the Poochyena fighting don't look like giant black crabs anymore obviously.

• Thumbs Up 3

I like this new Lass design more than XY's. Changing the gym into a museum seems fitting for Roxanne. Hopefully they have the individual gym theme versions from BW2 again. I like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm wondering how they're gonna make all this stuff work in the overall continuity, assuming the continuity Bulbapedia has IS the official one.

The events of the Gen I and Gen III games happen in within a small timeframe of eachother. Two years after that comes the events of the Gen II and Gen IV games (again in the same timeframe). Then some time later comes the Black and White games, with the events of X/Y apparently taking place within the two year gap between B/W and B2/W2.

So how are the improvements in OR/AS gonna work continuity-wise?

According to someone from GameFreak who tweeted the timeline recently, XY is after BW2.

Also, timeline really means very little in the grand scheme of things and won't question the fact that Mega Evolution is being called a "new discovery" in XY, which is over ten years in the future from ORAS.

Gameplay is law, not plot.

Would have liked Roxanne's Gym to be combined with the Pokemon School in the same town, as it would serve as a nice nod to the Pokemon anime where Roxanne is a teacher, but a museum works too I suppose.

Some of the gyms in RSE could be considered prototypes of the gyms in BW and XY, in hindsight. Flannery's gym is a sauna, Wallace's is a kind of ice rink/theater, Brawly's is a cave-like dojo. They would need to enhance those gyms, instead of reinventing them.

• Thumbs Up 3

They'll probably just ignore it. The new Pokémon in Gen II were supposed to have been just recently discovered, weren't they? Yet they were around for FR/LG.

• Thumbs Up 1