Awoo.

SEGA Detail 2014 Support, 13 3DS & 4 Wii U Projects

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

SEGA Detail 2014 Support, 13 3DS & 4 Wii U Projects
May 9, 2014
/ by Andy W.
SEGA-Sonic-Boom-840x472.jpg

It’s not just Nintendo who have been sharing their financials with investors this week, SEGA has talked about their results and as well as their plans for the future.

SEGA also revealed that there has been 710,000 units shipped of Sonic Lost World on both the Wii U & 3DS which released in October last year to mixed reactions. Hopes are being pegged on the next Sonic title, which ties into television series of the same name as a prequel. Sonic Boom is scheduled to launch towards the end of 2014 for both the Wii U & 3DS.

• Sonic Lost World (Wii U & 3DS) has shipped 710,000 units.
  • SEGA has 4 Wii U projects slated for release before March 2015.
  • SEGA is expecting 600,000 units of Wii U games to be sold.
  • SEGA has 13 3DS projects slated for release before March 2015.
  • SEGA is expecting 2.27 million units of 3DS games to be sold.

Most interestingly is that SEGA have revealed just how many projects they have in development for a release this fiscal year on both of Nintendo’s platforms. SEGA have confirmed 4 Wii U titles and 13 3DS titles will launch before March 2015. With a little detective work we can have a guess at what these could be.

• Wii U Game 01 – Sonic Boom
  • Wii U Game 02 – Unknown
  • Wii U Game 03 – Unknown
  • Wii U Game 04 – Unknown

Three candidates for the unknown Wii U games are Demon Tribe, Puyo Puyo Tetris & Yakuza 1+2 HD Collection. The latter two have already been released in Japan and it is unlikely all three would be localized, which means the other three titles are likely brand new unannounced titles.

• 3DS Game 01 – Sonic Boom
  • 3DS Game 02 – Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai 2
  • 3DS Game 03 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 04 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 05 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 06 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 07 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 08 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 09 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 10 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 11 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 12 – Unknown
  • 3DS Game 13 – Unknown

Some candidates for the unknown 3DS games include the unreleased Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary, Puyo Puyo Tetris but again both titles are unlikely to be released in the west. This leaves eleven games we don’t yet know about coming to the 3DS.

As you can see from the two lists above SEGA have fourteen unannounced projects in the works for Nintendo’s two platforms. When will we find out what they are? Perhaps during Nintendo’s Digital Event on June 9th 9am PT, it’s been a while since Nintendo have collaborated on a project such as F-Zero GX.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/sega-detail-2014-support-13-3ds-4-wii-u-projects/

Hmm, I'm intrigued, 4 (hopefully big and grand) console installments, and for the 3DS some  nice Hatsune action and quite the flow of company to boot!

What do you make of this?

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm pretty sure Sega are making games for systems other than Nintendo you know?

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they are. Why do you ask? Are you worried that they wouldn't?

Because I'm wondering why people are looking at Sega's financial data and only focusing on the Nintendo stuff?

Because I'm wondering why people are looking at Sega's financial data and only focusing on the Nintendo stuff?

I dunno why. Ask the people who reported it. Maybe that's all that was there at the moment, or all that SEGA was willing to release. I'm sure it's nothing signaling anything drastic.

Even Sonic Stadium is reporting Nintendo-only based news. http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/05/sonic-lost-world-now-at-710000-copies-shipped-worldwide-as-of-march-31st-2014/

Also, some clarification on the 13/4 thing. Apparently it might mean SKU and not games. Meaning that 2 SKUs could be 1 game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I've only seen the Nintendo platforms reported. This should be in the actual 2014 thread though.

That would be because those are sales figures for Sonic Lost World, we don't usually report sales figures for non Sonic games.

The data that website has would be from a single report which would also include the SKU's for all consoles not just Nintendo.

Oh wait found them on the SEGA fourms:

Ps3 - 11 SKUs
PS4 - 3 SKUs
Wii U - 4 SkUs 
X360 - 3 SKUs
X1 - 2 SKUs 
3DS - 13 SKUs
PSV - 7 SKUs
PC - 6 SKUs
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh wait found them on the SEGA fourms:

PS4 - 690k - 3 SKUs
X360 - 700k - 3 SKUs

These are the interesting ones.

Why you ask? 

SKU 1 = Alien Isolation.

SKU 2 = Sonic 2015

SKU 3 = ... ... unknown multi format title?

If Sega really are sticking with their Alien, Sonic, Football manager policy.

Either that, or Sega has two exclusives planned for both systems which seems very unlikely, unless they have in mind to make an X1 exclusive for Japan.

Edit: Oh hang on, is that the SKU's already out? Or ones which are intended to be released?

Yeah I've only seen the Nintendo platforms reported. This should be in the actual 2014 thread though.

It is I linked it this afternoon

Why you ask? 

SKU 1 = Alien Isolation.

SKU 2 = Sonic 2015

Either that, or Sega has two exclusives planned for both systems which seems very unlikely, unless they have in mind to make an X1 exclusive for Japan.

Edit: Oh hang on, is that the SKU's already out? Or ones which are intended to be released?

Also, did you mistake 360 for Xbox One which only has 2?

• Thumbs Up 1

That's kinda because it's Sonic based news, the game is exclusively on a Nintendo console

I probably should have clarified. I'm saying I don't see anything else reported by SEGA on Sonic Stadium with only news focused on Sonic Lost World. I'm sure that details of 2014 also include other platforms and not Sonic Lost World specifically. There's supposed to be a multi-plat coming out and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is going international.

I'm having trouble finding an actual source to the data. The Nintendo website linked doesn't link to anything else.

I'm REALLY hoping p Sonic Adventure and maybe SA2 are going to be released on VC. It's probably Genesis Virtual Console stuff though (which I will also gladly accept if it's S3&K). Sonic Advance? Yes please.

Guys don't forget that like last year (I think) the number of SKUs probably includes the number of regions the project was released for. I also remember that it doesn't include digital releases right? But I might be wrong on that.. if it does, we can already count out the idea of 8th gen systems getting digital SEGA games this year.

So for the Wii U, the 4 SKUs would be;

• Sonic Boom (NTSC)
  • Sonic Boom (PAL)
  • ?
  • ?

The latter two are mostly one game being released in two regions right (or two Japan-exclusive games)? As for the other current gen consoles:

PS4:

• Alien Isolation (NTSC)
  • Alien Isolation (PAL)
  • ? (probably a Japanese exclusive planned for later this year I'd think)

XBO:

• Alien Isolation (NTSC)
  • Alien Isolation (PAL)

Still, even knowing this it looks like the 3DS and Vita are getting a pleasant amount of SKUs this year, any idea what they could be? Two of the 3DS SKUs are Sonic Boom, but I'm not sure on the others.. As for Vita, two of them are Project Diva F2 and same for PS3, as those are being released physically in both western regions later this year.

Do those numbers include games by Atlus?  Because then you'd have all those Persona games coming out, for instance.  The remaining PS4 game I guess would be Persona 5, and maybe as many as three of the 3DS SKUs could be Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth.  There's another Persona Vita game coming out, too, as I recall.

Do those numbers include games by Atlus?  Because then you'd have all those Persona games coming out, for instance.  The remaining PS4 game I guess would be Persona 5, and maybe as many as three of the 3DS SKUs could be Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth.  There's another Persona Vita game coming out, too, as I recall.

You're right it probably does, so one of the other Wii U games could be SMTxFire Emblem's Japanese release (unless Nintendo are publishing that).

3DS SKUs for Persona Q and any others under wraps like a possible new Etrian Odyssey, plus many PS3 and Vita SKUs for the other Persona games being made (especially PS3, at least 4 of those PS3 SKUs will be for P4U2 and P5).

Why you ask? 

SKU 1 = Alien Isolation.

SKU 2 = Sonic 2015

It says until March 2015 so Sonic 2015 wouldn't be included.

I bet some of the 3DS titles are more of the SEGA 3D Classics. Afterburner and Outrun apparently already came out in Japan.

If i recall, the developer of Rythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure said that he would have liked to do a sequel on the 3DS: i hope it's one of those spots.

Fingers crossed.  I'm terrible at rhythm games but thought the first one pulled off the story brilliantly, enough to make up for the fact that I was actually rubbish at the gameplay, so I would absolutely buy a 3DS sequel.