Awoo.

Sonic and adventure 1 and 2 total remake?

speedhog58

I honestly would rather Sonic Team keep making new games than waste time, resources and money on remaking games only the hardcore Sonic fanbase would be interested in (and even then, not all of them). 

Only if they removed the out of place crap like treasure hunting, shooting, fishing, karting, etc and replaced those levels with ones that actually play like Sonic levels.

I wouldn't mind playing as Knuckles, Rouge, Eggman (Actually, I think he and Gamma can be the exception and keep mech shooting, since it actually fits their characters and there is still platforming in those levels), Tails, Big, and Amy in these games if they played like a Sonic game should, but if they keep their out of place gameplay, that would be a dealbreaker for me in any full-on remakes.

For example, with Tails, take him out of that clunky mech and keep his levels (mission street, etc), just alter them so that Tails can go through them without a mech.

As for Knuckles and Rouge, replace their levels with levels more like a true Sonic games' levels but in the same location (in the desert, inside the Pyramid Base, outside the ARK, etc) and do this:

• Instead of checkpoint post, checkpoint post, goal ring, have each checkpoint post be an emerald piece, key, or whatever the plot is wanting you to find. However, instead of those things being just floating in the air, have them be inside something you have to dig into or defeat. And if you die after that point, you respawn where that enemy or landmark was (but the enemy wouldn't be there and the Landmark would be empty) and you keep that thing you got already.

As for Karting, I guess those can't be replaced. Oh well, at least they are short. I do think they would need a lot of refining in the control department and maybe make the other missions less BS [i'm sorry, but the way missions like 'don't hit the walls' and 'don't hit any traffic' are right now, they are unfun and pretty much unplayable to me]

And then there's Big... I guess the only thing I can say is make him play like his Sonic Heroes self and make froggy be in that green bubble like it was in Gamma's Emerald Coast.

One other thing, I would LOVE to see Sonic be able to go through Hot Shelter. Not even change the plot, just have a menu option to let you choose a character and a level and basically be a free roam [for lack of a better term]

Concerning SA1, I suppose they could get around level expansion by including a 'Hard Mode' for it, so the normal gameplay still uses the original layouts. I do think at least some levels require expansion. Some like Gamma's first couple are absurdly short and basic, even for usual starter routes.

I suppose this could also be a cool way to 'redeem' Big's gameplay. Normal mode could be standard fishing, but Hard Mode could have more platformer routes and puzzles before you get to the standard minigame (think like his Hot Shelter route). Considering how many superfluous routes there are in Big's levels, there's part of me that thinks this was the original plan, only they started to worry it would be too tedious for novices and dumbed it down (similarly Chaos 6's boss could have been an innovative 'tug o war' battle pulling your lure according to a moving terrain, but instead is similar a one shot win battle).

One other thing, I would LOVE to see Sonic be able to go through Hot Shelter. Not even change the plot, just have a menu option to let you choose a character and a level and basically be a free roam [for lack of a better term]

I would just as much love to see the other characters appear in more of Sonic's levels, especially after trying it via Action Replay. Some could actually have a lot of potential (Amy's story could actually start off a chase in At Dawn's streets with little alteration necessary, or maybe a backwards race through Emerald Coast to start off Tails' story). I also wonder who may have been planned for Lost World's missing third slot (since there's some water terrain, I wouldn't put it against being Big).

It would be nice to at least expand their stories to around the usual 6 or 7 level total rather than a skimpy 3 to 5.

Also while new levels might be too much of a compromise, the mini games seem like something that could really use a spruce up. Only Sonic and Tails get the majority of them (par one for Amy). They could at least expand Twinkle Circuit to have it's hidden extra tracks (why SADX didn't do this is beyond me).

FUN FACT: Hidden game data implies at least three other levels were planned but never implemented. They read as 'Mushroom', 'Jungle' and 'Desert'. I wouldn't put much against Sand Hill being planned as a full 'Desert' level though only the boarding minigame getting finished. 'Mushroom' and 'Jungle' could have potentially made up a glaringly absent Angel Island level.

• 4 weeks later...

If Sega was to confirm a Sonic Adventure 3, this would be a great idea. It would let people remember the classic games, fix issues in the games, and reintroduce the games to a newer generation of gamers. This would not only be great for fans, but financially as well.

If Sega was to confirm a Sonic Adventure 3, this would be a great idea. It would let people remember the classic games, fix issues in the games, and reintroduce the games to a newer generation of gamers. This would not only be great for fans, but financially as well.

No, it would be an awful idea. The Sonic Adventure games aren't really remembered all that fondly outside of the die-hard Sonic fanbase (they're certainly not considered "classics"), and even then not all of them. I think the majority of gamers would see it as a massive step backwards. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly when it comes to the Adventure games I think the only way they would be able to hold up is if they received a loose remake that recycled the well-received stuff and built (a) new games around them, sorta like the Generations remakes of the Speed Highway/City Escape levels and the Perfect Chaos/Shadow rival bosses. A faithful remake of those games, down to the genre roulette, camera/controls setup, and mandatory Chao Gardens / minigames, would definitely be trashed in this day and age.

They had the perfect chance to dramatically improve the Sonic Adventure games when they porting them to Xbox Live, PSN and Steam. They blew it. At this point, this should just focus on making new games than bothering with the old ones.

Honestly, the only people who really hold the Sonic Adventure games in high regard are the series' younger fans (under 25 division). But these games have not aged well at all. People need to look at things without nostalgia goggles on.

They had the perfect chance to dramatically improve the Sonic Adventure games when they porting them to Xbox Live, PSN and Steam. They blew it. At this point, this should just focus on making new games than bothering with the old ones.

Honestly, the only people who really hold the Sonic Adventure games in high regard are the series' younger fans (under 25 division) and they're really blinded by nostalgia. 

I myself don't the Adventure games are all that (especially the second one), but I'm not going to paint their fans (or at least all of them anyway-I've seen my share of people who proclaim Sonic Adventure 3 needs to happen in order to "save" the franchise) as people with rose-tinted glasses glued to their corneas.

There's also the "younger fans" = "anyone under 25 years" description-you're labeling the majority of the Sonic fanbase (kids, teenagers, and young adults) as part of the "younger fans" for a series that only hit the 20 years milestone three years ago.

Which is especially odd considering that both Sonic Adventure games are at least more than ten years old by now (the first Adventure in particular was released near the end of the 90s decade, and is only four years younger than Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which is turning 20 this year), so factoring in age demographics at all is moot point.

And to their credit I think the Adventure games had a handful of elements that they executed better than the majority of Sonic games released afterwards.

• Thumbs Up 1