Awoo.

Sonic Boom 2014 "I wanna be apart of it, New York! New York!"

Badnik Mechanic

>Native New Yorker

>Sonic Boom enthusiast

FUCK. YES. I'm gonna go!

I needed to go to NYC to see my niece anyway.

I'm a New Yorker (hometown IS NYC after all)

There's a chance I'm staying here for the fall

???

AW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH SON

• Thumbs Up 1

YES! I finally get to attend the western official Sonic the Hedgehog convention, for it's now being held near my area! October first? That's odd. I expected it to be traditionally close to Sonic Boom's opening in the summer. Lemme just look up which day of the week October 8th is on....

....Wait..... October 8th is on a Wednesday this year..... W-Wednesday...?

1569451_o.gif

A weekday?? A FUCKING WEEKDAY???? OF ALL THE DAYS YOU PLAN A CONVENTION CELEBRATING A PIECE OF GAMING CULTURE, GAMING, SOMETHING THAT'S FAVORED BY PEOPLE WHO ENJOY LEISURE, WHICH IS BEST ON THE WEEKEND, THEY CHOOSE TO PUT IT ON A DAY THAT PEOPLE HAVE WORK OR SCHOOL ON??

WHY???

• Thumbs Up 3

Uh, Auto...

O27stuG.png

It's being held on the 4th...which is a Saturday...breathe young one, breathe...

• Thumbs Up 7

Huh!? I could have swore it said the 8th when I originally looked!? 

Oh well, edited that now.

Yeah It's a saturday. 4th October.

I live in the area so ill try to go maybe I can meet up with fellow SSMBers

Uh, Auto...

O27stuG.png

It's being held on the 4th...which is a Saturday...breathe young one, breathe...

Huh!? I could have swore it said the 8th when I originally looked!?

5Lnea1f.jpg

xRkiG8N.jpg

Dammit Hogfather...

• Thumbs Up 6

The writer for the blog post must have botched and corrected the date to the 4th. lol

Oh SEGA~

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmm...it might be a fun trip! Never been to New York. Guess it's a "maybe" for me!

I really, really want to meet Stephen Frost.

October is admittedly a strange month to choose, but with how many people live in the area...

I hope they REALLY promote this at all the local conventions, game stores, etc.

I guess I was right about the community team being out there for reasons besides the Sonic Boom reveal, no? It did seem somewhat odd they'd be there too.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't changed the name of the convention in favor of the new game. Speaking of which, I can't wait to play the Sonic Boom demos at Sonic Boom whilst Crush 40 plays Sonic Boom live, assuming I'm able to go to experience that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, a location where it's actually feasible for me to go!

I live in New Jersey, so a quick train ride and I should be good.

Bring on the Boom.

I'M SO GOING!!!!!!

October's going to be a great month - this is being held the weekend before New York Comic Con, which I'll also be attending (just need to snag a 4-Day when they go on sale). I'm so excited right now that I can't even string together a decent paragraph to describe how I feel. XD

SSMB, may I make a suggestion?

Everyone who's flying into town... get in touch with each other. I strongly recommend arranging a room block at one of the local hotels if you can. It'll help drag the price down.

I also suggest looking into hotels in New Jersey across the bridge. NYC is the biggest heart of mass transit alongside Chicago, so see what options are available to get downtown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally an event for the East coast fans, will definitely try to go this.

I wonder if any of the 4Kids cast will show up. I'd say Mike's a definite yes, he even listed himself as "Maybe" on the guest list.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike definitely is involved with the community. As memory serves he once turned up unannounced to Summer of Sonic... on his own dollar, no less. I'd say it's a for-sure thing he'll pop into Boom.

Everyone, bring your merch to sign!

Huh....if I take the train to New York Penn Station, it's about a 5 minute walk to the center from the station for me. I can actually get to Sonic Boom that day if I wanted to.

Though the 4th is my mother's Birthday, so I'll get her something shockingly nice so that she won't mind me missing out most of the day with her.

I still feel like a really mean person

Edit : Well pardon me, it's literally around the corner from the train station (unless I somehow looked up the wrong place)

post-248-0-51103000-1400790999_thumb.png

Well, I'm not gonna complain about the location like some people have in the past tongue.png

But seriously, even though it being in New York sounds awesome, it might be a challenge making it because it's in October. The only reason I got to go to Sonic Boom last year (even when it was in my state) was because it was summer and I didn't have homework to worry about. Now, with me starting college, I really hope I can make it considering both the distance and potential workload of school.

Edit: Could another reason they picked New York be because of the state of SoS this year? Like making it so that the one event is as close as possible to people of the UK so they have a better chance of attending?

Its time like these that make me glad to be a New Yorker, we're the center of everything. Mmmmmm, delicious convenience. I beleive this is a week before Comic Con no less.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if New York is farther than St Louis for me I feel that it's definitely more worth it. I'm definitely going to go this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Could another reason they picked New York be because of the state of SoS this year? Like making it so that the one event is as close as possible to people of the UK so they have a better chance of attending?

I think they ultimately wanted to:

A. Hold it around the debut of the Sonic Boom cartoon, which I presume will start sometime in October, and

B. Give people plenty of notice to increase attendance. One of Boom's BIGGEST flaws is it gives such short notice compared to most events. This is four and a half months... it's not perfect, but it's much better than the ten weeks we got last year.

They also may have wanted to cash in on the fact that since it's October, the space is probably less expensive. Summer months are where costs shoot through the roof since everyone has that time off.

I'm hopeful local promotion will be extensive. I highly recommend SEGA America partners with all the GameStops in the NYC area or something.

Also, I just booked my hotel room. I'll be staying at the Wingate by Wyndham, which is a block away. I was 22nd in the door last year... let's try for 1st this time. >=)

• Thumbs Up 3