Awoo.

Battlefield: Hardline "Get Mendoza...."

Badnik Mechanic

Battlefield Hardline is an unannounced game which looks like it's going to be announced at E3... so it makes sense that pretty much the whole game has been leaked over the course of the day.

It's being released cross gen on everything except the Wii U.

bfh_logo-0cad73c03xjdk.png

Weapons

BophjO4IUAAYFc6.png

Weapon unlocks.

BophjO4IUAAYFc6.png

Vehicles

BopcDT4CUAEdrVe.png

Vehicle unlocks.

Bopda38IgAA1hK7.png

Game modes.

2014-05-2716_53_37-barnukc.png

Multiplayer rank logos

%7Boption%7D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BopaMPDCQAA9lbK.png[/iimg]

Now the game appears to be being made by Visceral Games, however there's some confusion with the details since some of it sounds a lot like a cops vs robbers game which was announced/teased a while ago.

2014-05-2716_53_43-baoeu25.png

More at GAF

So, what are the chances of DICE being able to work on their other projects any time soon? They've been making BF4 since BF4 came out.

Poor Mirror's Edge. :/

EDIT: Nevermind, missed the Visceral bit. In any case I hope this does mean DICE can work on their other stuff.

• Thumbs Up 1

Great. Now Battlefield is gonna be released yearly. Battlefield 4 STILL hasn't even been sorted yet...it's getting there thanks to the Community Test Environment though.

AT LEAST DICE Sweden has breathing room for Star Wars Battlefront and Mirrors Edge 2. I think a break from Battlefield will do them some good.

Yeah... no thanks. If I want criminal-themed FPS action, I'll play Payday since that only focuses on one side. I'm with SuperLink -- gimme more Mirror's Edge!

So, what are the chances of DICE being able to work on their other projects any time soon? They've been making BF4 since BF4 came out.

Poor Mirror's Edge. :/

DICE LA (the team formed after the fail of Medal of Honor Warfighter) is now working on everything Battlefield 4. DICE Sweden (the main team) is working on Star Wars Battlefront and Mirrors Edge 2. The games are not impeded.

DICE as a whole is not making this game. Visceral Games is.

Reminds me a lot of Counter Strike. 

Is that a harpoon among the weapons? Are going to get Moby Dick?

Looks like EA has given in to the leaks.

Battlefield Hardline officially confirmed, more details promised at E3
EA confirms newest installment in FPS series
By Shaun Prescott on Wednesday 28th May 2014 at 1:23 AM BST

image_320750_full.jpg
Following numerous leaks, publisher Electronic Arts has official confirmed that Battlefield Hardline will be shown at E3 2014.

The confirmation comes in the form of a teaser website, which promises more information at EA's E3 2014 press conference on June 9.

In an official statement it's confirmed that Dead Space studio Visceral Games will develop the title, which is expected this Fall, or Spring in Australia.

Hardline will be set against the backdrop of "the war on crime and the battle between cops and criminals." In the same statement, Visceral Games VP Steve Papoutsis says the studio is "adding new twists and turns to the foundation of Battlefield multiplayer."

Details on the game leaked overnight via details gleaned from EA websites. Many details were listed which have yet to be confirmed by EA or Visceral Games, including classes, loadouts, game modes, vehicles and more.

Meanwhile, the leaked details suggested a release for both last and next-gen consoles as well as PC, though platforms have not been confirmed officially.

CVG reported in May that Visceral Games was hiring for a next-gen shooter. The studio later claimed it was working on a "new IP".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/465056/battlefield-hardline-officially-confirmed-more-details-promised-at-e3/

Basically they're gonna try and make Payday... but with police as well.

Basically they're gonna try and make Payday... but with police as well.

"Hey guys, Payday 2 made a lot of money! LET'S DO THE EXACT SAME THING THEY DID"

• Thumbs Up 1

This Battlefield game has been rumored for a while now so I'm not entirely sure if Payday 2 had any influence on it.

After seeing EA and DICE shitting on the franchise with Battlefield 4, I'm not going to pick this up at launch. I saw too many people get burned out with Battlefield 4. I'll probably pick it up on Black Friday again for a super low price.

"Hey guys, Payday 2 made a lot of money! LET'S DO THE EXACT SAME THING THEY DID"

Nah, this is published by EA. Payday's business model involves free DLC -- that'd never pass for this xD

This Battlefield game has been rumored for a while now so I'm not entirely sure if Payday 2 had any influence on it.

After seeing EA and DICE shitting on the franchise with Battlefield 4, I'm not going to pick this up at launch. I saw too many people get burned out with Battlefield 4. I'll probably pick it up on Black Friday again for a super low price.

Same. Good choice. Funny thing is though, I bet a LOT of people will still pre-order this game as soon as they show gameplay at E3 even though they claim that they'll do the same thing as you and I are going to do.

so if this guy's last name is Mendoza, is McBain gonna kill him at the end or what?

so if this guy's last name is Mendoza, is McBain gonna kill him at the end or what?

mcbain.jpg

David Goldfarb, Ex-DICE, now Game Director on Payday 2, disagrees with you, Hogfather.

Is he aware that one of the promotional images for this game looks almost the same as one of the images for both Payday and Payday 2? 

Anyway, now that there's video, yeah it does look different. It looks daft, whilst Payday doesn't.

Seriously though, the most interesting part is the single player right now, and even then it's full of the usual characters you'd expect from an annual franchise.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just thought it was worth bringing up. (Say, what's this promotional pic of which you speak?)

It's also funny because Payday 2 has the Mendozas as a faction.

The single-player's got Roy Earle from L.A. Noire, so

I'm assuming he's gonna be a baddie.

It's also funny because Payday 2 has the Mendozas as a faction.

Oh God I forgot about that. 

As for the image. The one with the criminals coming out of the vault, looks very similar to one of the Payday promotional screens. Though one of the stages in the game (the one where they were shooting the glass roof for no reason) looks a lot like Mallcrashers for some reason.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ah, yeah, I can see the resemblance.

You're right about the mall -- that's a spooky coincidence. That reminds me: I still haven't got "Shoot the Glass!" yet...

Or maybe it's the Mendoza that the Professionals mention in GTA Online. Maybe he's fed up of always being hit and moved to Battlefield to do something different

and get hit again

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like it can really refresh the series. We've had too many modern military shooters in Battlefield.

Leaked Battlefield Hardline Beta Video Shows PC Multiplayer Gameplay, Vehicles
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Leaked-Battlefield-Hardline-Beta-Video-Shows-PC-Multiplayer-Gameplay-Vehicles-444933.shtml

Video uses Dailymotion, which I can't seem to embed here. Sorry. EA has destroyed all YouTube versions.

Ah, so you buy your unlocks with in-game money...like Counter Strike. That's awesome. I think that's a lot better than the linear progression system the previous Battlefield's had. You don't have to grind to get the stuff you want.

I know it's beta and all, but the HUD is ugly. What happened? The HUD looked a lot better in Battlefield 4.

The map is HUGE, so I guess the game will have 64 players. I dunno how that's gonna work in this game considering that there are a lot more transport vehicles compared to Battlefield 4. There's no tanks or attack helicopters. It's more infantry focused in this game.