Awoo.

The Mario Kart TV Thread

Willsy

Thought it would be a good idea to create this thread so the Mk8 one doesn't get flooded with videos. Basically, it's all in the title, it's Mario kart TV. You can post your highlight reels in here and comment on other people's.

Two rules:

A. You must do some brief writing below the video. Whether it's describing the race, how cool the feature is, or the track is up to you.

B. Respect others. No saying that they suck. Of course, it's okay to say that you suck yourself, but I don't encourage doubting yourself. ;) Giving friendly advice, however, is permitted. After all, it might help!

Let's keep this fun and a good way to share what we've been doing in the game. :)

--------------

Here's one from me:

http://youtu.be/zm-85O8m8w8

I really enjoy this track. It feels like a very stupid place to go kart racing, and I like a lot of tracks that pretty much say fuck you to danger. Oh yeah, and Luigi on a Yoshi bike. Doesn't get much more badass than that.

• Thumbs Up 4

I saved this one because of that absolutely perfect green shell ricochet I accidentally pulled off.

http://youtu.be/lU2qsujcX80

• Thumbs Up 7

Well from me this highlight is from the final race in the 150cc Flower Cup and it was going all over the place but I made a great come back from 5th to 1st on the last turn with only a green shell left for one last shot.

• Thumbs Up 4

Here's me tearing up Mario Kart Stadium. It's only 50cc though. I'm really not that good at this game. :(

Hopefully I'll be able to master 100cc at least.

Also, in this I managed to hit Toad with a green shell right before Rosalina, but the reel didn't feature it for some reason.

Here's a couple from yesterday/today from me:

Felix tried to sneak in after I lead for the whole race but I wasn't having that shit. >8U

And this one was just a SUPER close finish between SuperLink and I from earlier on.  Shame you can't do slo-mo in videos uploaded from the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

And this one was just a SUPER close finish between SuperLink and I from earlier on.  Shame you can't do slo-mo in videos uploaded from the game.

A defeat I won't soon forget 8C

I saved this video JUST because of my LUCKY AS SHIT, well timed item pickup. I won't spoil it fully, but let's just say I'm super glad this happened.

• Thumbs Up 2

From a few nights ago, but it's worth showing. I had been leading the whole race before a blue shell hit me, so that ending felt kind of deserved (but was still total bullshit).

This was my first grand prix and in the last race, Bowser got me a number of times. So, I just thought the race was basically classic Mario Vs Bowser rivalry.

• Thumbs Up 3

Online Race - Beating down Dreadknux like it ain't no thang.

Dreadknux is Waluigi, I'm Rosalina on the Jet Bike, Yoshi is a friend of mine named Kenny.

Online Race - Green Shelling Yoshi like it ain't no thang.

Quite proud of this one, which is funny as it happened completely by chance on a race I wasn't particularly bothered about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSg50bSfUU

In a half-baked attempt to knock Baby Mario off course and rid myself of the triple bananas before I reached the item boxes ahead, I threw them all in front in quick succession... the first two landed on the road, completely useless... but the third one... oh my, the third one... not only did it hit the sign at the finish line, it rebounded off it straight into Baby Mario and sent him for a spin. Best unintentional item hit I've had so far!

Wait, did I say unintentional? I meant skills, totally. Mad skills. Honest :P

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecoC9z5tPEk

You guys really have no idea how much it sucks that Donut Plains 3 was the only SNES track in MK8. It looks so damn beautiful and I really wish more from SMK got this treatment, same can be said for Super Circuit which only got its rendition of Mario Circuit remade in this game. Anyway, this is my first attempt at a speedrun here.

Ok postin a MKTV Highlight Reel from the first race I had with Soniko (Peach) and Spindash (Daisy), which I found memorable because of the ending cool.png)

I was Rosalina ofc.

Also, if you guys want me to link to your Miiverse/YouTube/SSMB profile in the video description just lemme know :v

I laugh how literally all the time I have is two smooth sections, getting beaten up like three times and one catfight with Soniko, hah.

Also, totally making a GIF of that ending :3

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I deliver.

tumblr_n6i6xjgCAs1sz36jto1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 5

I saved this video JUST because of my LUCKY AS SHIT, well timed item pickup. I won't spoil it fully, but let's just say I'm super glad this happened.

A situation like that would've given me a heart attack!

I'm never gonna live this down am I?

• Thumbs Up 4

Also, totally making a GIF of that ending :3

THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE BEAUTIFUL LEGACY I WILL LEAVE BEHIND ON THIS EARTH WHEN I DIE

SORRY SONIKO

• Thumbs Up 5

dJywN7.gif

_OAxoJ.gif

5KtWXO.gif

MOyq9n.gif

I made some gifs out of your videos, if you don't mind smile.png

The last one with Lemmy is my favourite

biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I love the *boink* noise you get after hitting the finish line post while air-gliding.

• Thumbs Up 3

MOyq9n.gif

The last one with Lemmy is my favourite

biggrin.png

May I just say that you have exquisite taste :P haha

• Thumbs Up 2

This is me racing Mariotehplumber. He's Mario, I'm my Mii. I actually didn't see him that much during the race, it was more towards the end. I came second, he came fifth.

Shout out to me not letting Bowser have his win at the very end.

Oh my god this thread makes me so sad. Ugh. Glad you're all having fun, this game will be in my hands soon. Sooooooon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would post my video of me getting absolutely destroyed by a blue shell followed by three green shells, but it's not captured with Mario Kart TV...so I'll just leave it in the normal Mario Kart 8 thread.