Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

The chronology confused the hell out of me at first. I didn't even realize at first 272 was going on during the whole shebang with Spark of Life.

A lot of people were worried that Knuckles may get worse since a lot of what made up his Archie version was taken up by Penderp.

We were? Kinda hard to see how.

I don't recall anyone here being worried about Archie Knuckles even with the stuff made by Pender's pre-reboot, because this was the only version that people could trust to be treated with respect since the Great Chaos Caper. Even with the Pender stuff gone, I couldn't see Knuckles getting worse unless they did what Sonic Team did by fucking ditching everything about the character and watered him down to nothing more than the big strong guy. 

I take it that was elsewhere on the net?

• Thumbs Up 5

I take it that was elsewhere on the net?

Yeah. I can't remember where but I was sure some people wanted to know the state of Knuckles since for better or worse, he'd be the one who got hit by the reboot the hardest.

Who likes completely moot, inconsequential tidbits?

Remember the school of echidnas in the first chapter of Endangered Species? You know the one boy who was staring out the window?

He was the son of Bimmy. (kudos if you know who that at is xP)

Remember the school of echidnas in the first chapter of Endangered Species? You know the one boy who was staring out the window?

Tragically, I know EXACTLY who that is. 

Another reminder Flynn is going to be a guest on this week's 'The SEGA Lounge' podcast this Thursday. Any questions you feel you wanna ask that may not be answered on the forum?

My questions for Ian would be :

1) Are we going to see more of the older games adapted into the current universe via flashback when called for? That Sonic 2 Master System/Game Gear nod was a really nice touch!

2) Are there any current ideas or plans in place to bring back the Battle Bird Armada and Speedy, or use any characters from Tails Skypatrol. Wendy Witchcart would make for an interesting wizard type partner in crime for Wally Nagus :P

3) Will characters with vague origins (even in the past universe) like Nack the Weasel and his Team Hooligan buddies or Mighty and Ray get their own fleshed out origin mini?

4) You once mentioned you had plans for Bark the Polarbear and looking into his past before the new universe kicked in, is that still in motion?

• Thumbs Up 3

I have some questions for Ian too:

1. Could Sally potentially have a new love interest that is NOT Sonic?

2. Will we ever find out how the Chaos Emeralds work? Like, what happens after they're together and Sonic turns super, if they scatter like in Sonic X and like the dragon balls? Also, they are sometimes found in the special zone, and other times in Sonic's world, how does that work?

• Thumbs Up 1

My questions for Ian would be :

1) Are we going to see more of the older games adapted into the current universe via flashback when called for? That Sonic 2 Master System/Game Gear nod was a really nice touch!

2) Are there any current ideas or plans in place to bring back the Battle Bird Armada and Speedy, or use any characters from Tails Skypatrol. Wendy Witchcart would make for an interesting wizard type partner in crime for Wally Nagus :P

3) Will characters with vague origins (even in the past universe) like Nack the Weasel and his Team Hooligan buddies or Mighty and Ray get their own fleshed out origin mini?

4) You once mentioned you had plans for Bark the Polarbear and looking into his past before the new universe kicked in, is that still in motion?

Pretty much what I wanted to say as well

Does Sally NEED a love interest?

She is the character that fits into "love stuff" the most, a lot more than Bunnie, though That should not make her whole character of course. Even Sonic Boom has ship teases, and in this case it's not about game characters, so I don't see the problem.

It'd peeve a lot of fans, though. :P The Sonic/Sally fanbase is a force to be reckoned with, and I think Ian's still a bit exhausted from ship stuff.

In fairness, making Sonic and Sally just friends appears to have peeved a few of the Sonic/Sally fans. I wouldn't say it's a lot of fans though, not in comparison to fans of other Sonic things.

It'd peeve a lot of fans, though. :P The Sonic/Sally fanbase is a force to be reckoned with, and I think Ian's still a bit exhausted from ship stuff.

Ok, I have a simple rebuttal; who cares?

Seriously, why should we care about the feelings of people who only care about a series for extremely superficial reasons is beyond me.

It's really the same logic of how Sega bend backwards to satisfy people who probably don't give a shit about Sonic and yet somehow have the power to have the entire supporting cast exercised from the series. If they only care for one specific thing, why are they worth caring about?

I don't blame Ian for being fed up with the shippers and feel his focus should be on telling a well written story and fleshing out it's characters. If he wants to start a romance between two characters, at least let it enhance the respective characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, why should we care about the feelings of people who only care about a series for extremely superficial reasons is beyond me.

It's really the same logic of how Sega bend backwards to satisfy people who probably don't give a shit about Sonic and yet somehow have the power to have the entire supporting cast exercised from the series. If they only care for one specific thing, why are they worth caring about?

I don't blame Ian for being fed up with the shippers and feel his focus should be on telling a well written story and fleshing out it's characters. If he wants to start a romance between two characters, at least let it enhance the respective characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

hating shippers enough to repeat yourself four times doesn't seem healthy, man

• Thumbs Up 7

That'll be the forum acting up on him. You posted the same post twice when I spoke to you yesterday. :/

for a second there I thought you were just super-salty about this issue. :P

might wanna edit that post.

Agreed about the fact that fans already complain all the time, so a new ship wouldn't change much.

I just think pairings can be creative and fun at times; if Ian wants to do it, cool, if he doesn't, fine. I'm just asking.

The big reason the Sonic/Sally fanbase has remained nice and relatively un-peeved is because Ian Flynn promised to remain neutral, that no new shipping would occur between Sally/Sonic or Amy/Sonic (though that's becoming less true every issue)

A new ship with Sally would be about as well received as the misguided Monkey Khan subplot, by and large seen as a black spot in the good modern comics.

As an aside, complaining about complainers is even more obnoxious. Don't pretend you care more about a franchise on a more deep level just because you aren't interested in details others are, the elitism goes down a ridiculous road.

• Thumbs Up 1