Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Has this demo and interview been posted yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-PyJoxmWuk

Shows some hidden areas I don't remember seeing before. Also new info I don't recall, like the game being out first half of November, crystals are called 'Chaos Crystals' and there are 9 of them, collectibles menu, a freeze gun and more. I think he must have slipped up on the 9 Chaos Crystals bit, because the interview checks with him on that info again, but the BRB guy says "I don't think we're talking about that yet" laugh.png He also goes into more detail about time travel and says we will be going to the past and future. There will be versions of the stages for both times, a bit like Sonic CD.

The BRB guy playing actually makes the game look pretty good and fun.

• Thumbs Up 9

Has this demo and interview been posted yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-PyJoxmWuk

Shows some hidden areas I don't remember seeing before. Also new info I don't recall, like the game being out first half of November, crystals are called 'Chaos Crystals' and there are 9 of them, collectibles menu, a freeze gun and more. I think he must have slipped up on the 9 Chaos Crystals bit, because the interview checks with him on that info again, but the BRB guy says "I don't think we're talking about that yet" laugh.png He also goes into more detail about time travel and says we will be going to the past and future. There will be versions of the stages for both times, a bit like Sonic CD.

The BRB guy playing actually makes the game look pretty good and fun.

It was already posted a bit after E3 I think.

So cool to hear some new things even if small. 

Like:

- Confirmed Extra Moves that aren't available yet.

- Confirmed Skill Power Ups (extra strength and stuff) 

- Collectibles Menu?

- High Speed Boss Fights?

- Eggman Enemies? Oooh interesting

- Future and Past and Present Time travel and even stages.

So That's what I heard so far... And the crystals but that was talked about already I thought? It's so cool to hear that there actually are going to be more moves you can unlock later on! I was a little concerned about how many moves there were rather than the fighting itself and now that he said that, it kinda actually made me smile. High Speed Bosses really intrigued me as High Speed equals no lasso move (if it's able to be done while moving fast I'll be ticked D:{ ) But that really interest me because are there going to be high speed combat moves o.o ? And which characters will be fighting them?

Since it's clear that those are most likely Lyric's robots, I wonder how Eggmans will look unless he really does take notes and that ends up with Eggman robots looking like Lyrics (which would be.. eh) 

But one thing that really caught me now, is time travel. Since time travel is most likely intertwined with the story, what will this end up being like? Will we future and past versions of the same stage (sorry if that was already mentioned somewhere, I haven't heard though) 

Cool beans. Also the upload date on the video was July 7? Was this a repost video? I haven't seen it before but 

??? Maybe I just hadn't seen it yet.

It's only been on YouTube since July 7th.

I think that sounds very interesting, and does make the game sound promising. I like how there's a kind of Sonic CD thing going on, and the high speed boss fights sound interesting.

I'll wait to see more, but this does sound more promising.

9 Chaos Crystals, which you get from fighting Crystal Guardians. So, 9 areas in the game?

Well maybe my sense of time is off by a bit however I can guarantee we have already seen this news on this forum.....

Unless maybe I just watched it already but I don't think thats the case.

-edit- 

nope here is the original video its from june 15th the video you posted was some assholes clone of it.

It doesn't have to be 9 areas. There may be multiple locations to get a single crystal.

Maybe that particular upload, but it's been around since E3 for sure. Not that it matters. If people haven't seen it, it's still news to them.

Ah, I see. Still, it appears a lot of people haven't heard this news, so I guess it was still worth posting here and on TSS. 

Ah, I see. Still, it appears a lot of people haven't heard this news, so I guess it was still worth posting here and on TSS. 

Yeah looks like it, I am just surprised that nobody bothered to put it on there already since we talked about it for a good while on this forum already.

I can't stop wondering where these random weapon drops are coming form and why a robot is incapable of wielding its own freeze way.

Yeah looks like it, I am just surprised that nobody bothered to put it on there already since we talked about it for a good while on this forum already.

I can't stop wondering where these random weapon drops are coming form and why a robot is incapable of wielding its own freeze way.

We must have missed it. If you guys see anything interesting like that, we always appreciate news tips via pm :) Yeah, the weapons we're seeing dropped are pretty random. It's odd that the enemies aren't carrying them and can't use them, but they still drop them when destroyed all the same. 

Maybe they brought them along, but then they forgot they had them.

Whatever the reason is, I'd have to nominate them for the Worst Evil Minions of the Year award that I just made up.

9 Chaos Crystals, which you get from fighting Crystal Guardians. So, 9 areas in the game?

I very much doubt this.

In all sonic games there is not just one area for each Chaos Emerald.

So I assume that it will be the same for the Chaos Crystals.

However, whats interesting is that Vernon mentions that there are "guardians" so could that mean that there may be a LoZ dungeon system to it. However, I doubt that every area has a Chaos Crystal. Stages have past and future version of themselves. For example (mining level):

Past or Present Version:

PElesnY.png

Future Version:

5ptr2qi.jpg

So cool to hear some new things even if small. 

Like:

- Confirmed Extra Moves that aren't available yet.

- Confirmed Skill Power Ups (extra strength and stuff) 

- Collectibles Menu?

- High Speed Boss Fights?

- Eggman Enemies? Oooh interesting

- Future and Past and Present Time travel and even stages.

Hmm...

I wonder if this just applies to strength. Could it also apply to other stats such as speed?

• Thumbs Up 8

I very much doubt this.

In all sonic games there is not just one area for each Chaos Emerald.

So I assume that it will be the same for the Chaos Crystals.

However, whats interesting is that Vernon mentions that there are "guardians" so could that mean that there may be a LoZ dungeon system to it. However, I doubt that every area has a Chaos Crystal. Stages have past and future version of themselves. For example (mining level):

I meant maybe there is one Chaos Crystal for each set of levels. With a past and future version of each area, that would be 18 levels total. The guardians are the giant robots guarding the Chaos Crystals. There's one in that Ancient Template demo.

Oh, nice find. That is definitely in the same area. Similar rock patterns, trees sticking out of the walls, (dead and wilted in the future version) old wooden mine carts/futuristic metal mine carts, etc. It all goes hand in hand with the "Machines VS nature" cliche they said they were doing a while back.

This confuses me, though. If the time travel is directly related to the state of the levels, does that mean it's analog? I can't see every single stage getting a remix if it isn't. And on that note, if they go through the stage after going through the future version of the stage, wouldn't that create an alternate timeline from the fiddling they do to fix it in the future? Wouldn't that directly conflict with the time loop logic the plot is already incorporating? And on the other hand, where exactly do the heroes and villains come from, besides Lyric? The past or the future? And how would the ancient artifacts be able to depict them going back in time and saving the day in the bad future, if the only way they can save the day is through a good future, which didn't happen?

Bah, time travel.

While we're at it, here are a couple of things I noticed from the existing footage:

- at 0:15, there appears to be a broken down, three-maned ship near the water. At first I just thought it was one of Eggman's devices, but three seats seems awfully specific. Perhaps it's the vehicle that the rest of the team uses while Sonic runs across the water? I dunno. Just something I noticed.

- Also at 0:15-17, there are a couple of animals seen. One is a crab in cartoony proportions, and the other is... a seagull. Just a normal seagull. Oh well, at least they give the environment some life. Wonder if Eggman will use them in his own robots, and keep the animal mofit because of it.

- Again, at 0:15-17, there's a small pathway to the right of the road that is hidden by the trees that I haven't seen anyone actually explore. I wonder if anyone even knows about it right now. There's also a collectable over the left edge of the road for some reason; probably another hidden route.

- That slow down that everybody loved on the speed section? Yeah, that just happens if you don't run over boosters often enough. No analog control to see here; move along. I like the apparent switches and springs that hang over the main road, though. Makes me wonder how many secret alternate routes are hidden in this stage, actually.

-  Yeah, the music for the speed level and the boss fight is 100% placeholder music. No other way about it. It's the exact same music as the title screen's; they didn't even bother to reset it once the level started!

- You can't really see it from here, but if you look in the general direction of up, like at 7:9-17, you can see a lot of unexplored level in the stage. It's absolutely criminal that so much of the demo footage takes the Sonic routes only and whizzes by it all, as pretty much the only thing people have to judge the level design on is the exploration right now. :\

- 14:54 I spy the worm guardian. Come to think of it, has anyone actually brought up that thing since the first trailer? It was definitely a guardian.

Hmm...

I wonder if this just applies to strength. Could it also apply to other stats such as speed?

No. Don't ever hype up something like that for a game like this. It will only lead to backfiring.

It'll probably just be health and strength, like the usual ND/Insomniac formula.

• Thumbs Up 2

One thing. Analog Control is indeed there. As when fleeing the guardian some videos do while others don't. Infact I think in the lizuka (I forgot how to spell it- sorry) but yeah he does veer left and right. Just wanted to mention that.

I was referring to analog speed control. It's a no brainer that there will be analog steering in those sections; We've seen it been done a million times by now.

Um.. I don't know, a couple people ran into that one random box during their playthroughs and ended up doing a normal attack then walking forward into that spring which re-initiates the speed segment.. I wouldn't be sure yet.

• 7 months later...

Well, I sure hope this is good enough to outshine Sonic Team's titles and replace the main series! These new BRB cool cats seem to know what they're doing compared to Sonic Team.

This may just be the game that restores Sonic in the eye of the public and cements him as being back to greatness, even if Lost World kinda detracted from the greatness of Generations and Colors.

This game is going to be the BOMB! No it's going to be the BOMB FOR SURE. Gameplay looks SOLID AS HELL. Better than Unleashed werehog combat without a doubt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow is such an interesting villain! Appears for just 5 minutes, wants to kick Sonic's ass because he has friends and even has Chaos powers even though Chaos emeralds don't even exist in the Boom universe! Such genius, such imagination! GG BRB, Good fucking game.