Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

Yes! Sonic will actually have some history in this game! I'm so excited to see how this plays out! And yes, I found the jokes to be hilarious, so props to the writer for that.

Well, this is now looking interesting.

I'd say they've managed to get some comedic timing in there, that's for sure.

And we've really got some pumping music near the end of that trailer. If that's the sort of thing we'll be hearing - yeah, it sounds slightly generic, but it could also bloom into bigger things.

• Thumbs Up 1

Judging by the end of that video, it appears that the 3DS version will be a continuation, maybe even a direct sequel to the Wii U version.

And thank god for that 3d rendering update!

Just watched the 3DS trailer and at the end it says "Continue the adventure on Wii U and TV" so I guess that's not really an indication. But it could still very well be the case, who knows?

A very good trailer, but honestly after the gameplay footage I'm not convinced. Gonna wait this one out.

That's very, very doubtful.

I was joking (sort of maybe)

Trailer looks great. Sonic being a cocky jerk makes me so happy.

Damn, that plot's really generic. Then again, already knew it was going to be ancient evil monster wakes up.

At least the dialogue seems actually tolerable in the cutscene, and actually better comedy than in the gameplay.

Just hoping Eggman does the betraying and causes Lyric to fail. They can do that much, at the least.

Though, I admit, Sonic actually having history here is a bit different, or an ancestor.

Eh. Wii U still looks poor, gameplay wise, given the trailer was just cut up footage of what we've seen. Story seems... alright. Pretty bloody generic though.

3DS version also looks quite boring. Eh.

It's also a good thing that this is meant for a younger audience, or I'd be afraid of BRB pulling a Jak 3-esque "Sonic is his own ancestor" thing near the end as well.

It sounds like time travel or an ancestor who looks much like Sonic are in play.

Then again it could also be what was suggested where the hedgehogs defeated Lyric in general, and Lyric meant the "you" in a general manner (i.e. referring to all hedgehogs).

As a note... hedgehogs are a natural predator of snakes. So there being some sort of animosity between the two species in this would be poetic.

Trailer was pretty cool. The character models look drastically better, the graphics seem to have improved, and hopefully the final soundtrack will be akin to the trailer music.

The speed sections look just as superficial as ever, though.

I just sort of noticed that the character models remind me so much of the Riders' ones. Also that Amy face.

bknDDeZ.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Minnie Mouse is officially dead too. Cindy Robinson sounds really good in that trailer.

• Thumbs Up 2

I will say, if they give Sonic an origin story, I can see this getting praised on that metric alone by a lot of fans, even if the gameplay may not be the best.

Hopefully they'll retool it...

I'll be able to tell you all about the gameplay in 2 hours. wink.png

• Thumbs Up 3

Dat narration, so cliche. XD

I think this game's story is going to be the most interesting thing for me. Sure it may sound like every other evil thousand year old hidden villain who wants revenge story, but it looks like the cutscenes are going to be fun and the script is funny, especially that silent moment with Sonic pointing at himself.

Btw, the character models and animation on them looks GREAT. Whoever says it doesn't look good needs to get their eyes checked because seriously, I'd take Jak style animation over SEGA's style of current animation (the weird, jerky style).

And Amy's voice is GREAT! Keep that voice for Amy in the SEGA games please because it's so much better than squeaky Minnie Mouse!

• Thumbs Up 4

I just sort of noticed that the character models remind me so much of the Riders' ones. Also that Amy face.

bknDDeZ.png

I swear i've seen that face somewhere before but I can't put my finger on it.

Wii U version

In Sonic Boom™: Rise of Lyric, Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy must work together as they face the deadly snake-like ancient villain, Lyric and his army of war mongering robots as they rise from deep within their home island. Sonic and his team will navigate the world like never before; racing across ancient ruins, through the depths of the ocean and even back in time to save the world from Lyric’s evil plan!

With a strong emphasis on collaboration, the roles of Tails, Knuckles and Amy, will be elevated in gameplay that capitalizes on each character’s unique talents and abilities.

Key Features

1. Four Friends – Each playable with their own unique skills and personalities
2. Play as a team – Use individual abilities to explore the environment, fight together in combat and use the new Enerbeam tether mechanic to interact with the world
3. A New World Full of Adventure – Discover amazing environments, run at high speeds, fight colossal enemies and pilot awesome vehicles
4. Multiplayer – Drop in/out two-player co-op, and a special “Team Challenges” mode for up to four players
5. Platform Exclusives – Off-TV play, GamePad interactivity, and Miiverse sharing features

This come's from the fact sheet on Nintendo's E3 site.

Hey ho, who just said something about time travel?

• Thumbs Up 3

Now let's see how time travel is handled by these developers. >> *eyes SEGA*

Really though, I'm super interested in the story. It could even be the best thing about this game. Hah, imagine that!

Hey ho, who just said something about time travel?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Somebody post tonights Euromillions numbers!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did they just say....Time...Travel?

Kevin_Screaming.gif

Though hopefully the time travel will remain simple unlike a certain mistake that happened almost a decade ago.

Did they just say....Time...Travel?

Though hopefully the time travel will remain simple unlike a certain mistake that happened almost a decade ago.

Sonic's going to go back in time and meet his ancient ancestors, isn't he? 

And who wants to bet Amy and ancestor Sonic really hit it off... which prompts Sonic to get jealous?

inb4 the back in time includes Sega Sonic.........

In anycase looks pretty cool both of the trailers. 

Is it really that hard to animate a moving mouth* outside of GCI cutscenes?

I mean the side mouth that can move to the center on its own

sonic_boom___trailer_by_guirj37-d75ksan.

sonic_boom___trailer____sonic__2_by_guir