Awoo.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)

Bluecore

I think it's Nintendo. But don't quite me on that. But I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that for the three game deal Nintendo would be distributing all three in Europe.

Chaos. Crystals.

Okay. Ooookay.

I'm not gonna say it. I'm...not...gonna say...it.....not gun' say it......Okay think I got that out of my sys--WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST BE CHAOS EMERALDS-*covers mouth with both hands*

Please don't tell me there's 7 of them...

Well that means super forms are not off the table then.

Edit:

"Robotniks Robots"

Whoops! =p

Eh, I don't mind the change to Crystals.

Because calling them Emeralds (green) was so logical to begin with in the main series...

lol I love that bit 

"There are 9 Crystals in total"

5 min later

"How many crystals are there?"

"We're not, we've not talked about that yet"

But you just told us!

• Thumbs Up 6

I think if they did that they should change Shadow's black to a really dark navy blue, so we can at least pretend that the confusion of the two characters is plausible.

• Thumbs Up 1

Going back to the video Wil posted, I don't think it's a glitch that the player was able to slow down.

But ultimately it doesn't matter if they can as long as the speed levels are still designed like hot wheels tracks, because there's not really anything to do with that freedom.

• Thumbs Up 7

I think both the games share the budget, toys and TV show go off a separate one.

By the way, I've just discovered something very interesting. The speed levels aren't full automated. You can slow down and stop.

Skip to the part where Sonic goes through the giant ring.

@ 1:15 Hmmm, yes it seems legit. It would certainly help explain the presence of the dash pads in the level as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well my guess is that the speed areas are assigned one to each level, and some of the collectibles are in the speed section, but most are in the adventure stages.

I think if they did that they should change Shadow's black to a really dark navy blue, so we can at least pretend that the confusion of the two characters is plausible.

Change Shadow's actual skin colour? No thanks. That would be such a kick in the face. Why not just give Shadow a disguise for those scenes instead of doing something that drastic?

I think both the games share the budget, toys and TV show go off a separate one.

I think a lot of people forget that $20 million dollars isn't going just for game devlopement. Most of or half of that money will be used for marketing. So no...this game does not have a regular SegaSonic budget.

Actually this may explain the slow pace. Slower pace means less things to make.

Remember Sonic Unleashed?

Empire city was the equivalent of 7+ miles of map that you blasted through in 3 mins or less. With the slower pace less resources are needed. Not trying to give them excuses or anything, but its might be pretty likely that the reason this game is being made the way it is is due to keeping to their budget.

This is why this game's narrative has to be REALLY good. This game needs to sell on its story and character interactions because it doesn't  have the thrilling and fast paced gameplay for example Sonic Generations to keep it a float.

I have no problem with this game being one of those games you really only play once to see how the story plays out as long as it has a good story to compliment it and half way decent gameplay....perhaps that's their intention. If the game ends up decent I hope its does well because that would mean the NEXT sonic boom game will have a bigger budget to work with and become a fully realized game both gameplay and story wise.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think a lot of people forget that $20 million dollars isn't going just for game devlopement. Most of or half of that money will be used for marketing. So no...this game does not have a regular SegaSonic budget.

But Big Red Button won't be marketing this.

People forget that this was someone from BRB who gave this figure, they wouldn't have anything to do with the 3DS budget or the marketing or even distribution costs that go into it.

Change Shadow's actual skin colour? No thanks. That would be such a kick in the face. Why not just give Shadow a disguise for those scenes instead of doing something that drastic?

No, not his skin color, that would be weird. I meant making his fur a really dark blue, kind of like it was in SA2. Or black with a blue shine like that.

But Big Red Button won't be marketing this.

People forget that this was someone from BRB who gave this figure, they wouldn't have anything to do with the 3DS budget or the marketing or even distribution costs that go into it.

Nice point! Still 20 million is pretty low in his day and get for a well known IP. Not that I believe that budget makes a game or anything, but it can impact the quality.

Edit: And now that I taken a moment to think about it, I think I had a sudden change of perspective.

I am Metal Gear Solid fan, but to be honest I never played MGS games for its gameplay. When I played the first MGS game what grabbed my attention was the story and how it made me really care about Snake. I wanted to see what happens to him and it made me want to take care for him more or less to see how everything plays out.

If this Boom game manages to do something similar where its strong narrative provides motivation to keep playing then I'm totally fine with that at this point and will judge it as such. 

BRB has stressed over and over how they really want people to think of this game as its own thing and stuff. While i'm still a bit "eh" with the things I've seen so far, if people buy this game then tell me the story is fantastic and worth playing for that reason alone, I'll but Boom in a heartbeat if it has okay gameplay considering how we as a fanbase are so hungry for a Sonic game with a great narrative. BRB might have something here in the end if they tread their icy waters well.

That's just me though~

Nice point! Still 20 million is pretty low in his day and get for a well known IP. Not that I believe that budget makes a game or anything, but it can impact the quality.

I honestly don't know anymore. 

We worked out a while ago that even if $20 million was the budget for the whole thing, then Boom has to sell near 1 million copies at launch just to break even.... which is very unlikely to happen.

But from what little I do know regarding game budgets. 

Lets say Sega gives BRB the money and says 'go ahead make the game.' that money isn't just used on 'the game' it will also be used in these areas.

* Business rates (not sure if America has these/anything similar).

* Business tax.

* Payroll.

* Utilities bill.

That alone is going to be a lot, but we're talking hundreds of thousands, not millions, might be close to that first million but I can't picture it. So unless they have some programmers on some insane hourly contracts, we just don't know enough about BRB or game development to say for certain 'yeah this is where that $20 million is going' Unless they have to rent their development kits or pay some insane sums to some other party involved with this?

So whatever the budget is, it has to cover those basic things alone, and even then some of those outgoings will also be funded by other projects that they're doing, don't think of it like 'Sega is funding BRB.' think of it "A bit of Sega & all these other companies are funding BRB.' So even if their regular outgoings were insanely high, and from what we've seen of BRB, this doesn't seem too likely, other projects would be helping to fund these outgoings.

I already suggested such a theory.(although it's my cousins's)

It's wrong. 

We've already been told that time travel is involved and that Lyric is over 1000 years old. 

Sonic is the guy who seals him, only in Sonic's timeline it hasn't happened yet. TIME PARADOX!

• Thumbs Up 1

Footage of the boss fight with Eggman

"You made me spill my drink"
I seriously love Eggman's animations in this game. They are just hilarious XD

• Thumbs Up 6

It's wrong. 

We've already been told that time travel is involved and that Lyric is over 1000 years old. 

Sonic is the guy who seals him, only in Sonic's timeline it hasn't happened yet. TIME PARADOX!

That a nice theory but nowhere near undeniable enough to reject his. Sure sonic goes back in time but whos to say shadow hasnt already sealed him.

Im still betting tis sonics uncle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why should we even think that Shadow is in the game at all?

Given that we know, 1, Lyric "recognizes" Sonic, and 2, there is time travel involved, why should we take seriously a theory that requires a character that we've not seen involved at all, and whose very existence is questionable, over one that requires nothing more than what we already know?

• Thumbs Up 2

How about we just not reuse the same plot point Sonic Adventure 2 used? If Shadow ever does show up (and I doubt he would in this particular game anyway) I'd much prefer it if his first appearance didn't involve him doing something and Sonic being mistaken for him, even if his fur was dark blue-ish rather than black.