Awoo.

Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014

Gabz Girl

Wow, if Germany wins, then my friend will be right about his prediction that Germany wins. Wow.

(Damn it, all of the Asian teams got out very early D:)

Netherlands showed Brazil what for, like it wanted to. Only 3-0 though. =P But yeah, good job Holland for getting first place.

Come on Germany, I don't want boring ol Argentina and overrated Messi to win this!

He isn't overrated but, abillity wise I'd say he is the best  football player in the World, due to his natural footballing abillity. Something which Cristiano Ronaldo lacks. But, Messi has not been at his best at tournament despite coming up with some important goals and assists and as it's the final tonight I reckon he'll play at his best.

Whatever happened to Brazil during the Cup?! I'll be rooting for Germany today, cuz my town was colonized by Germans in the most part, but goddamnit I wanted to be rooting for my country...

From what I could piece together, Brazil failed to work as a team. Brazil has good players, but if the team is poorly coordinated it does not matter how good the players are, there is no way that one alone stands a chance against the 11 opposing players.

If you look at the goals that Brazil has taken, you will see a poor positioning of the players, they gave space for the other team to run with the ball or shot. Germany, on the other hand, is better positioned, they have an interesting formation where up to 10 players circle the area where the other team is with the ball, thus not giving space to them to play. No matter which side the opponent tries to go with the ball, there will be some German player to block.

Brazil's coach, Luiz Felipe Scolari, in theory is very experienced. He already has won a World Cup for Brazil in 2002 and got a good campaign for Portugal. Before this Cup he was nice and competent. But for some reason, in my opinion he just does not seem the same. Maybe he got cocky because he is playing at Brazil? He also looks a bit preposterous and prepotent in the interviews, he adamantly insist that hasn't made mistakes and that the team has played not that bad. Also it does not look that there are a good leadership relationship between him and the players. At one point of the game against Netherlands notice that the some players of the field goes to the coach bench to get instructions but the ones to give them are the reserves, not the coach.

To be quite honest, I actually liked the two defeats of Brazil were sound. At least it will show that something needs to be changed in order to make the team work again. Back in the Euro Cup 2000 it was the German team that was in a similar condition, but they managed to overcome it. It is possible!

I will be supporting Germany in the final. They are a very professional and competent team, and also humble and great as human beings. I saw a news story of the place were they had stayed here in Brazil, it was a small and hospitable village called Vila de Santo André. Their people only had good things to say about the players, they even visited and donated to the local school, and they also had a good time playing with the people at the beach.

And to think that some people though that it was going to be a Brazil Part 2...

Honestly that didnt cross my mind nor does the spanish station that is tranmitting the match. Plus nothing can top what happened to Brazil

Germany 1 - 0 Argentina.

Germany are the World Cup champions.

Runners up 2002

Semi-Finals 2006

Semi-Finals 2010

Winners 2014

First team to reach 8 World Cup Finals. 4 time winners and 4 time runners-up.

• Thumbs Up 2

Goetze may get the headlines, but in my eyes, Jerome Boateng was absolutely immense tonight. Higuain's chance aside (which was a Kroos mistake), that whole German defense was like a brick wall tonight.

Argentina did well, they were set up to soak pressure and hit on the break and they carried out the tactics admirably. But you're not going to keep this German team from scoring, they're just too good.

Germany have been the best team this World Cup, deserved winners tonight.

The game was intense but it's no surprise that Germany won. They were the only team in the tournament that *gasps* actually played as a team so that obviously gave them the advantage. Though Argentina did play good, but maybe they'll learn not to rely on Messi so much and pull through as a team.

As good a player as Messi is, and he did do well in the Group Stages, in no way was he player of the tournament. Just off the top of my head James Rodriguez, Thomas Muller and Arjen Robben deserved it more.

• Thumbs Up 2

Satisfied that Germany won in the end. They played well against Argentina and their goal was perfect! So yeah, congrats to Germany, the best team in this World Cup!

I am however stumped at Messi winning the Golden Ball. I didn't think he was that great in this tournament and players like Robben or Mueller deserved it more.

Satisfied that Germany won in the end. They played well against Argentina and their goal was perfect! So yeah, congrats to Germany, the best team in this World Cup!

I am however stumped at Messi winning the Golden Ball. I didn't think he was that great in this tournament and players like Robben or Mueller deserved it more.

James got the Golden Boot, Muller and Robben got the Silver and Bronze Ball respectively.

I pity the attitude of Messi and the whole Argentina team, by not even trying to smile while receiving the silver medals, as well as not even wearing them after that. Talk about bad loosers. They did played good, tho, but c'mon, you don't have to be an asshole about it.

It was a fun World Cup, nevertheless!

Looks like Germany felt so bad for Argentina, they baked them a cake to show there were no hard feelings!

10494778_10152488469931840_4381335521624

... oh. Oh dear... :V

(I confess I don't follow FIFA much but I just felt I had to share this here. Germany winning doesn't surprise me though, since Germany does pretty good in nearly any field).

• Thumbs Up 5

I pity the attitude of Messi and the whole Argentina team, by not even trying to smile while receiving the silver medals, as well as not even wearing them after that. Talk about bad loosers. They did played good, tho, but c'mon, you don't have to be an asshole about it.

I can't stand it when this sort of thing happens, but it looks like some of the Argentina fans have followed there example by causing riots in Brazil.

http://rt.com/news/172496-argentina-football-fans-clash/

It's things like this that make me loath these sporting events.

Very very pleased that Germany won. They've been the most consistent team throughout the entire tournament, and that's ultimately the main reason why they triumphed in the end - they were a team. Most other squads in the competition heavily relied on one or two star players - we saw how Brazil crumbled without Neymar, and Argentina were hedging pretty much all their bets on a bit of Lionel Messi magic that never came. As the commentators put it, last night's match was a case of "der Mann versus die Mannschaft", and it's refreshing to see a good solid group overcome the over-hyped abilities of one player.

Germany were definitely the better team last night, too. They were constantly in possession and constantly on the attack, I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to get the winning goal. You could argue that Argentina had the better chances on the counter-attack, but when you consider that they didn't get a single shot on target all night long... well, that says a lot about how much Germany deserved it by comparison.

So, all in all, a fitting end to a thrilling tournament! Now just to wait another 4 years and we can go through it all over again! :lol:

I like Messi as a player, but yeah, Argentina (and Barcelona sometimes) put too much faith in him, and he can't carry a whole team by himself.

One thing that annoyed me commentary wise was that they always referred to the Argentina team as "Messi and Co".

Um, guys, Messi isn't a country, and he certainly isn't a one-man team.

These haven't been shared in this topic yet but they totally deserve to be - two stunning sights from last night's final that you wouldn't have seen if you were sat in the stadium:

zn4e9g.png

Christ the Redeemer with the brilliant sunlight shining on from behind

153vfbt.jpg

...and then lit up in German colours after their triumph over Argentina

• Thumbs Up 7

Those images are breathtakingly beautiful. I saw them on tv as well when it zoomed out of the stadium.

Also in defense of Argentina you wouldn't be all smiley and happy if you lost in the final of the World Cup, which is why they all look so miserable! What I do think is a bit odd though is that they didn't wear their silver medals. Guess they were so upset they didn't feel like wearing them. =[

• Thumbs Up 1

Why did Messi keep vomiting yesterday? Was he sick?

Medics couldn't find out that I know. The theory/rumor is that they are provoked by stress