Awoo.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Xbox One (2015), PS4, PC (2016)

Brad

"In the next chapter of her journey, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends, and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider," Microsoft said. "Featuring epic, high-octane action moments, Rise of the Tomb Raider will take gamers to multiple locations around the world filled with exploration spaces that are some of the most beautifully hostile places on earth. In addition, after hearing the cry from fans loud and clear, the game will put the tombs back into “Tomb Raider" all in the franchise’s gritty Survival-Action style."

The sequel to the critically acclaimed 2012 game, Rise of the Tomb Raider is the return to the rebooted story of Lara Croft by Crystal Dynamics, and published by Square Enix. Undergoing therapy after the events of the first game, we see Lara come into her own as she traverses down cliffs, shoots grunts with her trusty bow and arrows, and of course... raids tombs. The game is set to arrive in the holiday season of 2015. More details will be added to this thread as it becomes available, including the first trailer which was shown at the 2014 Microsoft E3 Conference.

The game will head to PC and PS4 in late 2016, following a year of exclusivity with Microsoft.

Edited by Brad
  • Thumbs Up 6

If that trailer was anything to go by, this game might have more to do with, you know, Tomb Raiding. I'm game for that! It's a long way off yet though. Can't really say anything for sure.

I'm pretty sure the psychologist in that trailer is supposed to be a famous actor, but i fail to remember who he is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ludonarrative Dissonance 2: Electric Boogaludo

Seriously though, despite some massive flaws, the Tomb Raider reboot was fantastic, so yeah, I'm excited. Really hope Rhianna Pratchett will be returning...

• 11 months later...

Don't worry. It's exclusive because that's what's best for the fans.

That's just...wrong man. Jesus Christ. Words can't express how dumbfounded I am over this.

Can we really trust Xbox Australia on this? Both Eidos and Phil Spencer have said it's timed, I think.

Xbox exclusive? Ha, yeah right.

Remember what the guy who does the twitter parody account of Kaz Hirai said:

Rise of the Tomb Raider is now exclusive to Xbox One. Square Enix clearly wants the game to be uncharted: as in, not entering the charts.

Can we really trust Xbox Australia on this? Both Eidos and Phil have said it's timed...

Well, in that case I hope this isn't true. Would be a slap to the face for a lot of Playstation/PC owners.

Xbox exclusive? Ha, yeah right.

Remember what the guy who does the twitter parody account of Kaz Hirai said:

Good luck with lack of sales, Microsoft.

So it's not timed?

Well that's shitty as hell.

Wish this kind of outrage existed for Bloodborne though.

So it's not timed?

Well that's shitty as hell.

Wish this kind of outrage existed for Bloodborne though.

It's not even a Bayonetta 2 deal as that game was having trouble getting a publisher. RotTR is just plain money hatting, but I'll believe Phil and say it's like Sony's deal with Destiny and MS's deal with CoD.

It's not even a Bayonetta 2 deal as that game was having trouble getting a publisher. RotTR is just plain money hatting, but I'll believe Phil and say it's like Sony's deal with Destiny and MS's deal with CoD.

I wasn't referencing that.

I'm pretty sure Sony didn't need to fund the development for that.

They did, because Bloodborne is their IP. They just hired From Software to develop it IIRC.

Bloodborne falls into the first party category, while ROTTR falls into third party but timed exclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...