Awoo.

Scalebound (Xbox One)

Carbo

Welcome to kamiyatown

Will reupload direct feed once it hits.

Xbone exclusive from Platinum Games.

• Thumbs Up 8

Idk if I like the art style much, but it seems to be the way it is because Platinum knows what to design for what consoles. It looks very Western for their usual fare. As long as it plays like the usual Platinum (incredible), we're good tho.

This is Hideki Kamiya, creative director at PlatinumGames.

The day has finally come that I can announce my new project to everyone.

I’ve created many original titles over the course of my career. Now I have a great opportunity to launch a new project with a new partner, and I’m excited to bring you a brand new game experience once again.

The focus of my new game is the gigantic beast that reigns over the fantasy genre: the dragon. Dragons have a unique power to capture the imagination, and I’ve loved dragons since I was a child. I’ve always wished that I could create a game featuring this magnificent creature; now the time has come for me to realize my dream.

I can’t share many details about the game yet, but rest assured that the development team and I are working around the clock so that we can show you more as soon as possible. For now, I ask that you let your imagination run wild while you wait.

I promise dragon fans around the world: this game will not disappoint. See you soon,

Hideki Kamiya (@pg_kamiya)

Director, Scalebound

Fucking nice.

I can already imagine how the fanart's gonna be tho.

22FjvvS.jpg

Welp, seems I'm contractually obligated to get an Xbox One now. Dammit...ah well I s'pose it's only $399 now. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Welp, seems I'm contractually obligated to get an Xbox One now. Dammit...ah well I s'pose it's only $399 now. 

It should be even less by the time this releases bruh.

• Thumbs Up 1

From that CGI trailer it certainly looks promising, and I know Kamiya and his team can do no wrong. Hope we get some gameplay footage next year, and let's also hope Microsoft keeps advertising the game.

Dante the Dragon Hunter!

Seriously though that looks great, I wanna play it.

I wonder if its gonna be multiplayer with the conveniently 3 other dragons that all look kinda like the player's with different colour tails and stuff swooping in near the end of the trailer.

Also I'm hypeddddddd as fuck!! KAMIYA HAS ALL MY FAITH.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

I swear, the protagonist has the same VA and even some animations of Don'te of DmC. Knowing Kamiya, he did this on purpose.

But yeah, this game looks good and over the top like only a PG product can be.

I swear, the protagonist has the same VA and even some animations of Don'te of DmC. Knowing Kamiya, he did this on purpose.

But yeah, this game looks good and over the top like only a PG product can be.

Really? He reminds me of nero more since his design seems to take a couple of cues from him.

Look at all dat dubstep./

Lemme uh, quote my reactions from earlier.

[15:31:31] Boma Iringe: scalebound's
[15:31:32] Boma Iringe: ost
[15:31:36] Boma Iringe: is gonna be
[15:31:37] Boma Iringe: fucking amazin
[15:31:43] Wraith: dubstep
[15:31:47] Wraith: dubstep dragons
[15:31:52] Boma Iringe: perfectly okay with this
[15:32:05] Xenos: most dubstep is not what I like at all
[15:32:09] Xenos: so I'm not ok with this
[15:32:27] Boma Iringe: not sure if this is inhouse
[15:32:32 | Edited 15:32:39] Boma Iringe: because it actually might be noisia
[15:32:45] Boma Iringe: and the WAY THE MUSIC FADES
[15:32:47] Boma Iringe: AFTER BATTLE
[15:32:53] Boma Iringe: BECAUSE HE TAKES THE HEADPHONES OFF
[15:32:55] Boma Iringe: THIS SOUND DESIGN
[15:33:02] Boma Iringe: IS FUCKING MAGNIFICENT

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if its gonna be multiplayer with the conveniently 3 other dragons that all look kinda like the player's with different colour tails and stuff swooping in near the end of the trailer.

Also I'm hypeddddddd as fuck!! KAMIYA HAS ALL MY FAITH.

Hey past me, guess what you can still be excited because there is 4p co-op hell yeah. Not to mention THE PRODIGY were in the battle music??? YEAH COOL.

Basically I'm still stoked for it. Anyone who was wondering what the song in the battle was it is this (though it sounds like the Scalebound version is a remix):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVV06jTYjeY

Not sure how to embed videos on this new forum software haha. Anyway, yeah this game looks really cool. I can tell there is still optimization to go but IGN had a longer 8 minute video for the game that showcased it a bit better than the on stage demo and ran into the location behind the Mantis fight that leads into the 4 player tease at the end.

I knew Platinum wouldn't disappoint.

The game looks great, the combat seems a bit slower in comparison to other games but the game feels more focused on world exploration which I'm ok with. And scope looks so huge....so cool!

I seriously want to play this....I hope it doesn't really stay xbox one exclusive and becomes windows exclusive because I don't want to buy the console just for this:(    

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that this guy is still listening to DnB dubstep and not trap music. Get with the times, hippie.

But on a serious note, looks pretty good. I get a Zelda mixed with Devil May Cry from the whole deal, and I got a kick out of him telling the dragon to "use your words." Hopefully more of the game is focused on world exploration and dungeons and things like that than the combat as I like the scope and design of the game's world. Although I have to admit commanding a dragon is sweet.

Overall, glad to see something come out of this game. x3

• Thumbs Up 1

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that this guy is still listening to DnB dubstep and not trap music. Get with the times, hippie.

Please don't, do you understand how fucking hype trap music would be behind that gameplay? In fact, brb

Edited by Athena Cykes
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 10 months later...