Awoo.

Sonic Jump Fever [iOS/Android] - What do you mean you want Sonic in a SONIC game?!

Doctor MK

I really like Sonic Jump so I picked this up. So far I've had no problem with ads, having only played it for about half an hour or so.

I find it much fiddlier than normal Jump; and I'm pretty sure Tails jumps faster than he did before... as though he already has the Fever! XD I like the extra Badniks, their attacks and the widdle animals but I have to say so far I much prefer the first Jump. It's much more laid back, has the Story Mode with that lovely, lovely artwork... This is like Jump on acid! XD

And no way am I gonna spend any actual money on this! I didn't need to with jump and only paid a small amount to get rid of ads on Dash.

Airplane mode is still inconvenient if you're waiting for dat email. On second thoughts, the ads aren't really totally intrusive unlike Sonic Dash's ads which always had me waiting to skip the ad. Each ad that showed up, a simple tap of the back button made them disappear. Is there something I'm missing or hadn't thought of?

Why does this matter? If you have adblocker on or your phone is on airplane mode, the Jump Fever ads are gone regardless on which way they display.

Anyway I figured out you only have one minute per game. You can have a max of 3 time extends within that minute. I don't know how to extend it (maybe one of the chao would) but 1 minute per game is ridiculous.

Since word of mouth isn't much:

http://i.imgur.com/VEzKrJI.png

We now have a screen of the game requesting superuser access. Uh oh.

Just deny access. For now, even though I have superuser and rooted, I haven't seen any kind of superuser access request.

Am I the only one who is having issues with the Android version? After an introduction message I get the Forest Zone (I thought it was supposed to be Mechanical Zone) with Tails, who I can't seem to move left or right, the level design is literally just rings and platforms that repeats over and over with no changes, the whole thing is endless and there's no way to stop it.

I hope it gets fixed with the next version, if it isn't occuring just to me.

Am I the only one who is having issues with the Android version? After an introduction message I get the Forest Zone (I thought it was supposed to be Mechanical Zone) with Tails, who I can't seem to move left or right, the level design is literally just rings and platforms that repeats over and over with no changes, the whole thing is endless and there's no way to stop it.

It's just you.

Try uninstalling the game, then reinstalling it.

Why? Why does this game exist? Why when we have both the previous Sonic Jump and Doodle Jump? The game hasn't had much improved upon it from the previous game. Just a shitty timer on it now.

Because

It's a problem with Bluestacks then, I can't tilt so I can't move Tails. Well I still don't get it because other games let you tilt using the arrow keys.

It's a problem with Bluestacks then, I can't tilt so I can't move Tails. Well I still don't get it because other games let you tilt using the arrow keys.

Bluestacks is an incredibly unstable emulator anyway IIRC. 

The zone randomly changes to another zone after a set amount of time. Which is usually 12 hours.

Bluestacks needs to know how to play this game before you can even touch it, in this case it seems like the tilt controls haven't been implemented yet, and, oh god Bluestacks... that once was good emulator that is charging me 2$ per month or four heavy apps every day...

well...this is BULLSHIT.

I played it get my rings, i found another chao, my third, its a rare Hero chao that finds rings. It has two hearts to fill, and it gave you like literally no love to start with. I played all my remaining games with it, and it gives me like hardly ANY love per game. oh yeah and I have only two hours before it goes. it is literally impossible! its not like I can play now my jumps are used up and I have to wait for more, and I cant get any free refills because they will take another 2 and a half hours.

God I know they want my fucking money but at least make these things achievable for those non paying customers!

I can sympathise with that. I just found a super rare Dark Chao which destroys badniks and really gives a lot of extra points, but I can only befriend it by filling three hearts in under an hour, receiving hardly any love after each jump...I've given up on that one, I don't even think this would work without the bugging energy system.

By the way, are the in-game leaderboards working for anyone? When I start the game, it always says "Cannot connect to game server", and I have not yet seen any gameplay video where they do seem to work.

Mine seems to work fine, infact I invited my brother on facebook and we are competing for high scores.I won in the mechanical zone so I won 50 rings

It said that it cannot connect to the server a little while after reconnecting, then it disappeared. Looks like befriending Chao requires some lifeless guy and no energy bars to begin with.

Befriending Chao looks like it requires shit tons of red rings or money. Either way im pissed, doubt ill be playing till they fix this, its unacceptable.

Well, at the very least, the love you received from your Chao will be saved until you refind it in the forest, so it's not impossible without paying. You're still going to need a lot of rings.

So the leaderboards are entirely based on your Facebook-friend list? I thought there would be some kind of global in-game leaderboard when I read the description. There is not even a Google Play games leaderboard like in Sonic Dash. Maybe they will add one in some other update.

You know, I really dig the gameplay in this title. It's really fun. But everything else about it and go DIAF.

• Thumbs Up 3

Tried this for a bit earlier. Within like five minutes the game is trying to show me ads between videos. mellow.png

I remember the original Sonic Jump from about seven years ago. It was around £4 and a complete, standalone game. All levels, no DLC, no micro-transactional bullshit. Just a nice, cheap little phone game with no nasty money-grabbing strings attached. Free-to-play mobile gaming can go die in a fucking fire.

This basically plays like the previous iOS Sonic Jump but with no actuaal level design in favour of a combo-based time/ score attack system. I see how there can be fun to be had with it, but it just seems even more like a shallow cash-grab game than ever because of it. At least the previous Sonic Jump iOS still had some semblance of a substantial single-player campaign, even if it ended up unfinished. 

I can echo what Blue blood said. Gameplay is really fun and addicting but the extent of the IAP's are fucking ludicrous. Patch this energy bar bullshit out and it will help a lot.

Am I the only one having trouble finding this on the play store? Searching "Sonic jump fever" just comes up with the original Sonic jump and a bunch of other random games with the word fever in the name...

Am I the only one having trouble finding this on the play store? Searching "Sonic jump fever" just comes up with the original Sonic jump and a bunch of other random games with the word fever in the name...

You can download the game on Google play here

I can echo what Blue blood said. Gameplay is really fun and addicting but the extent of the IAP's are fucking ludicrous. Patch this energy bar bullshit out and it will help a lot.

But dude, how does that motivate Sonic? Sonic's not a free spirit, SONIC GOT TO HAVE CASH, MAN. 

It's probably not compatible with your Android device if you can't see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Eh, the game's okay. I don't wanna pay three bucks for the original Jump so this is the only one I'm stuck with. I've been playing for five hours and I'm on level thirteen thus far. Art's cute, like the chao system (damnation, I love my chao), but, well...fucking energy bars.