Awoo.

Sonic Jump Fever [iOS/Android] - What do you mean you want Sonic in a SONIC game?!

Doctor MK

ASRT on iOS and Android was much the same with regards to Sonic being unlockable. T'is stupid, but ah well.

With regards to Dash, we only very recently got Andronic. Who knows what's next for it.

I'm a little worried that this means they'll stop making new global challenges for Dash. I liked all the support It was getting and honestly I'd say out of all the smartphone exclusives (Sonic Jump,Sonic Dash, and Sonic Jump Fever) I'd say It's the best of the three.

I laughed my arse off at the in-app purchases.

What kind of utter dipshit is going to blow £71 on a fucking iPhone game?

• Thumbs Up 2

Damn, this game is like Sonic Dash: a prime example of everything wrong with Free to Play games.

At least you can keep playing Sonic Dash and not be stopped because "Fuck you! Gimmie money!"

• Thumbs Up 3

I laughed my arse off at the in-app purchases.

What kind of utter dipshit is going to blow £71 on a fucking iPhone game?

You would be so, so surprised at how standard all of these IAP prices are. Most games follow the exact same formula, and for some stupid reason people do indeed pay that much. I don't like saying "oh such and such is ruining gaming", but the people who spend money on IAPs are doing us no favours.

• Thumbs Up 2

My in-App purchases came through so NO MORE ADS! XD

"Pay $3.99 to half the energy time!" That's just evil.

Blew my gold rings on a new chao that saves me from dying and wasting time on the cannon. Just as I thought, it takes twice as long to befriend. 

Lol, I can't believe we are discussing SEGA Hardlight and their overuse of IAPs...again. They didn't learn from Dash, because this is worse.

I laughed my arse off at the in-app purchases.

What kind of utter dipshit is going to blow £71 on a fucking iPhone game?

There's a reason why it's there. Because there are several people who would gladly pay that amount of cash to Hardlight.

I'm not joking.

Anyway I can see myself getting rid of this game quickly from my iOS devices. This is worse than Dash at launch. This is worse than Transformed without that VIP pass. There's this trend now that every Sonic iOS game at launch will have strong IAP barriers that makes you want to puke.

I can't even choose Sonic. I'm stuck with Tails until roughly you play 10 hours of this crap (unless you fork in some $$$!!)

If I have to rate Jump Fever, I'll give it a 2/10. Worse than the original Jump in every level. Can't believe they ditched Jump (which is the best Hardlight game to date as it doesn't screw you with continueous ads, energy or IAP barriers) for this. The graphics in Fever are extremely nice but, that's like putting a lipstick on a pig.

• Thumbs Up 1

Actually, I managed to unlock Sonic within an hour without using the Red Rings or forking over money. I think he unlocks after you reach a certain level. Still though, it's pretty bizarre that Sonic is the one you need to unlock.

The worst offense? They show Big the Cat's picture, but he's not even playable.

Dirty, sleezy stuff, SEGA.

• Thumbs Up 4

Okay, after having played it for a bit throughout the day, I must say: it's pretty darn fun so far. More so, in fact, than the original, although the lack of a "Story Mode" is kinda meh. You know what else is meh, though?

LhgCahn.png

(Spoilered for huge image)

Really, game? Do you really think that anyone would willingly spend that much cash for some silly unlockables?!

Actually hearing that some Android users are receiving Superuser access requests from the game.

That's a staggering security risk right there.

i dunno about you guys but I unlocked Sonic in like 10 minutes

game's alright, not too good though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why? Why does this game exist? Why when we have both the previous Sonic Jump and Doodle Jump? The game hasn't had much improved upon it from the previous game. Just a shitty timer on it now.

This is shit. It's a messy, gimmicky, money grabbing version of the first and doesn't play anywhere near as good as the first. The first is far more simple for the better, plays at a better slower pace, and just works much better than the new version overall. I can't see this lasting long. I highly doubt it'll pick up.

Picked this up last night, it's alright, can't decide if this or the original is better, I do like the chao but 3000 rings to look for another chao? Why can't the magnifying glass be a rare in game pickup like the character tokens?

Also while I don't mind the energy thing THAT much, I wish they made it so when you ran out of energy you could still jump and collect rings ect, but the score wouldn't count towards your high score or something, either that or give you more than 5 jumps :/

I think it's more insane that you need to pay 40 bucks to remove ads.

$1.99.

I just bought the ring doubler. I really hate 30 second video ads and this will have a long term enhancement to the game. Seems worth it to me.

Edit: DON'T pay for Sonic, you get him for free once you reach level 5!

Actually, I managed to unlock Sonic within an hour without using the Red Rings or forking over money. I think he unlocks after you reach a certain level. 

Should have reworded a bit. I was talking about other characters besides Sonic.

This game is too busy with everything that can slow you down. I keep losing sight of my character because of this. Maybe it will be better on my iPad, but thanks to no iCloud save support this game has, I'll have to restart again. Another step backwards from Dash. -.-

A lot of people that are complaining about the pay wall, low spawn rates of rare items, and somewhat dodgy gameplay probably don't have much to worry about in the future.

Sonic Dash and less-so Sonic Jump featured some of the same problems. It took a couple weeks/months for Hardlight to sort out complaints. It is way too deja-vu in here so I expect this to be worked on.

Actually hearing that some Android users are receiving Superuser access requests from the game.

That's a staggering security risk right there.

Haven't met a superuser request from this particular game. And moreover, I have the ability to turn ads off, free of charge. There's always AdAway for me! Eheheheheheheheh!

*Cough*cough* I see the energy thing removed in some nearby update. But a superuser request from a Sonic game? Dis' is a rumor. I like how they mentioned new characters when there are only Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Blaze, the same characters we've been getting, but I'm forgiving them in nearly everything else including this because of the robust and not late (on-time) Android launch, with full Google Play Games integration.

Oh and for ads, I forgot to setup Weblock for my 5s, and the ads for this game stopped popping ever since. I suggest if you want to get rid of the ads, don't purchase an IAP from the game and get this instead. Because it not only blocks Jump Fever ads but ads in other games too and any ads you get on Safari and Youtube.

This app was free for a long time months ago, but it looks like they no longer making it free. <.<

Another way is to switch your iOS device in to Airplane mode then play the game. No ads.

I've been trying to stay in the game for more than a minute and a half but it's so hard to do so. =/

Oh and for ads, I forgot to setup Weblock for my 5s, and the ads for this game stopped popping ever since. I suggest if you want to get rid of the ads, don't purchase an IAP from the game and get this instead. Because it not only blocks Jump Fever ads but ads in other games too and any ads you get on Safari and Youtube.

This app was free for a long time months ago, but it looks like they no longer making it free. <.<

Another way is to switch your iOS device in to Airplane mode then play the game. No ads.

I've been trying to stay in the game for more than a minute and a half but it's so hard to do so. =/

Good, that's why stay on the droid. The adblockers are common on the platform and even if they were removed from the play store you could get them as apks. But ugh, still can't find people to compete with on Google Play Games, which kind of kills that advertised feature.

Good, that's why stay on the droid. The adblockers are common on the platform and even if they were removed from the play store you could get them as apks. 

Um, no I will not as I love iOS thank you very much. Don't turn this to another "this is why this OS is better!" argument.

And airplane mode's still available to kill ads while playing.

• Thumbs Up 2

Um, no I will not as I love iOS thank you very much. Don't turn this to another "this is why this OS is better!" argument.

And airplane mode's still available to kill ads while playing.

Airplane mode is still inconvenient if you're waiting for dat email. On second thought, the ads aren't really totally intrusive unlike Sonic Dash's ads which always had me waiting to skip the ad. Each ad that showed up, a simple tap of the back button made them disappear. Is there something I'm missing or hadn't thought of?