E3 2016: Title revealed.

US logo
BUPsZOc.jpg
Jap Logo
Ck7HRidUUAIzsw1.jpg:large

New Trailer from E3 2016:

E3 2014: Direct will be uploaded asap

Source

Aonuma admits Nintendo captured a vast open world in the original NES Zelda game, and the concept slightly changed after the series shifted to 3D polygon graphics. Hardware limitations made it difficult to create one single large landmass for the player to explore; so separate zones were stitched together to make the world seem bigger. A linear path was established to take players on a continuous journey.

Aonuma expressed that he wants to take the series back to those roots of a continuous open world, one where players can visit areas out of order. "That's a convention we should keep," he enthusiastically said.

Visually, the new look for The Legend of Zelda is stunning and full of rich details. In many ways, it looks like a marked improvement on Zelda: Skyward Sword's painterly art style. You can see individual moving blades of grass, mountains and home-like structures off in the distant.

In the brief demo, a cloaked Link sits on horseback until a tentacle monster appears on the horizon. His horse races off with the monster in pursuit, as a few local herders and animals run for cover. The monster pursues Link across a bridge, breaks a portion of the wooden structure ahead of the hero, and moves in to strike. Link rips off his cloak and reveals his outfit, a blue and yellow tunic, and a trusty bow and arrow. He fires two explosive-tipped arrows to stun the beast and then pulls out a special arrow that transforms before the trailer cuts fades to white.

oRRiTCG.png?1
ZVO.png

XVO.png

Looks amazing, love the artsyle.

• Thumbs Up 8

OH MY GOD IT LOOKS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL I WANNA EXPLORE THAT FIELD I WANNA RIDE THAT HORSE I WANNA SLAY THAT MONSTER AND THAT NEW LINK IS MAKING MY PANTIES WET!

All abord the hype train! Toot-toot!

I swear that Link is a woman. And I've got no problem with that. Especially with her rocking the cyber bow.

Hyrule looks absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to explore.

Still don't like the cartoony artstyle but less more tame than Skyward Sword... BUT ITS AN F-ING OPEN WORLD ZELDA GAME!!!! THIS IS F--ING AMAZING!

Honestly Link in this trailer does look more girly than ever. I'm wondering if we're actually going to get a female Link for a change? That'd be a neat concept. Its hard to tell, though.

Looks like Skyward Sword in HD. That's not a bad thing but I was expecting some more Twilight Princess in its graphics.

I swear that Link is a woman. And I've got no problem with that. Especially with her rocking the cyber bow.

Hyrule looks absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to explore.

Actually he sorta does. If you look when he takes off his cloak. You'll see a ponytail. I know that there are guys who does this too but it just seems sorta of girly.

Not really seeing the Skyward Swordness in it, and overall reminds me of Wind Waker if anything, but it's still largely it's own art style if you asked me *shrugs*. It looks fucking amazing though. When they just straight up cut to the open world scene, it was stunning how he could just let it idle there behind him so long, and I wouldn't get bored of it. I was generally having a good time just looking at the game idling in the background, seeing what you could explore and what the game has in store...and that's just idling! Playing the game is gonna be a blast it looks like, and I'm digging the cyber-edge deal this game has going on. I honestly thought Link was gonna be a girl when he/she pulled down the hood, and to be frank I still can't tell, and I'm loving it. To be honest I really hope that this Link is almost gender neutral.

Definitely stole the show for me haha.

Looks fucking great.

I could never figure out why I liked the 2D Zelda's better than the 3D ones, and this pointed it out for me.

I don't even like Zelda and I'm excited for this game.

Open world Zelda. Hell yes. I can imagine the possibilities already.

I love that they're continuing with the Skyward Sword style, because from what little we've gotten to seen, it looks freakin' gorgeous. For some reason, before Link took off the hood, I was almost expecting it to be Zelda riding Epona.

There's really no reason for this Link to be hooded like that and have the full face hidden until those final few seconds unless there's something about this particular Link that's different from the rest, since we all know Link would be in this game anyway.

The fact this Link looks distinctly feminine really makes it feel like this Link is actually a Lynk. I'd like that to be true.

Zelda doesn't usually get me hyped the way ti does for most people but holy fuck.

HOLY FUCKING FUCK

This is incredible. I cannot wait to explore this new Hyrule. This is next gen Zelda as I truly imagined it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, guys, if Link was a lady they'd have made mention of that, or revealed it more clearly in the trailer, or whatever. Something like that doesn't usually remain vague for very long; if it would spark discussion and interest in the game, they would have made it clear.

In the latest screenshots he doesn't look nearly as girly. So yeah doesn't look like it, but he's definitely more girly than before.

UndyingNephalim is going to rage. Maybe the open world concept will change is mind, though. :P

Oh my god this game looks glorious O_O

Open world Zelda with beautiful HD visuals and a simply sublime art style? WHY IS IT NOT 2015 ALREADY?!

I haven't played nearly enough Zelda games as I would have liked, but holy shit is the water color art style used to a magnificent effect compared to Skyward Sword, it looks drop-dead beautiful in HD. 

A Zelda game that's trying to focus on breathing life into an open world already has loads of potential, and its piqued my interest. I'll be keeping my eye on this one.

Is anyone else a wee bit disappointed by the cel-shading on the characters? The visuals for the actual environment look incredible, but not so much on Link herself himself. Also not sure to make of Link. It's ever such a feminine look, and that's after already seeing Hyrule Warriors.

But oh shit open world

oh shit those graphics

oh shit that 1080p

oh shit that everything

This is going to be incredible why did they have to show us only such a tiny piece?!

• Thumbs Up 3

I was liking it up until they zoomed in on Link's face. It's not even necessarily the fact that it's cel shaded, something about it just looks "off" to me. Maybe I'll change my mind when we see him in his green tunic, though.

My mouth was agape when I saw the open world shot. It looks gorgeous, and the fact it's going to be an open world this time just makes me even more excited! Link looks really cute, and like most of you guys I wasn't sure at first if he was a guy or a gal but from those screenshots you can tell he's definitely a guy. Albeit an effeminate looking guy. XP

I think the cel shading looks nice on Link too, certainly doesn't look as washed out as Skyward Sword. The open world environment though, that's where it's all at. Holy shit I can't wait to see more!