Awoo.

Devil's Third (Wii U)

Carbo

...Well that sucks. Shame to hear it's not that good either. =I Where the hell has Unseen64 been getting all this info from lately anyway?

NOA and/or NST sources, depending on the specific info. Tamaki's been rocking it lately.

Wow, this really sucks. A few friends were really looking forward to the game too :/

Seriously? God damn it, I was really looking forward to this. Double whammy, both that NoA won`t bring it over here and that the reason is that it apparently sucks. Oh well...

I wasn't particularly interested in it...but it's still a damn shame. Did the game really suck?

So I guess this is a case of Nintendo of America not wanting to spend the production costs on a game that looks like it will bomb. I don't really know what to feel about this, and I probably won't until the embargo does lift. It's certainly strange for the game to be that poor when Nintendo was pushing it for so long, but it's not unexpected considering the development team hasn't really had the easiest of times.

well am starting to losing my patience with Nintendo decisions. is NoA running by brain deads?

We'll find out when we learn how bad the game is, I guess, and speaking of which, according to Siliconera, Devil's Third has indeed acquired another North American publisher and will be coming out there after all.

Simply put, the game isn't very good, and thus, NoA has decided not to release it.

I'm more disappointed for their reason behind not releasing Disaster in America.  The voice acting and script was laughable?  Yeah, no shit, it's an arcade rail shooter. If it doesn't have cringey, poorly delivered dialogue, they're doing it wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm more disappointed for their reason behind not releasing Disaster in America.  The voice acting and script was laughable?  Yeah, no shit, it's an arcade rail shooter. If it doesn't have cringey, poorly delivered dialogue, they're doing it wrong.

well am starting to losing my patience with Nintendo decisions. is NoA running by brain deads?

Honestly, if the game is bad, I don't really think this is a bad decision on NoA's part.

If the game really is a terrible as the Euro reviewers are hinting, then not publishing it was actually a good decision on the business side. A bad niche game is going to have an even worse audience than a good niche game. If solid titles like W101 couldn't sell, what hope does this have?

Devil’s Third runs in 30 FPS. Itagaki promises that this massive shooter (emphasis on massive) is enjoyable at 30 FPS.

Itagaki decided not to use split screen for online and offline play. Instead, the single player campaign uses the full power of the Wii U console.

Devil’s Third does not have voice chat. The bandwidth that would have been used for this feature was instead used for 16 player multiplayer.

In an earlier post, Itagaki explained why they recommend the Pro Controller and a USB keyboard over the GamePad. He feels the face buttons are crowded on the GamePad, so you can make mistakes with inputs. The analogs are also too far apart, making it difficult to get a graps of the battlefield. Lastly, and practically, the GamePad is not suitable for many hours of play, and they designed Devil’s Third for long play sessions.

Valhalla chimed in and explained that it comes down to multiplayer, which they intend to house tens of thousands of players.

Source.

Previews for Devil's Third are not looking good. 8I I wasn't really interested in the game to begin with but now...I'd rather get #FE.

Previews for Devil's Third are not looking good. 8I I wasn't really interested in the game to begin with but now...I'd rather get #FE.

Don't you mean Star Fox or Xenoblade Chronicles X? #FE is still nearly a year away

Don't you mean Star Fox or Xenoblade Chronicles X? #FE is still nearly a year away

Oh I wanna get those games for sure too! I was only comparing #FE to Devil's Third since, like the latter, that game didn't look so great from the getgo in many people's eyes when they saw trailers and stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Haven't actually watched the previews yet so its hard to say but I wouldn't doubt if that was actually true, especially for an action game like this. That said I think this is a really bad way to PR manage your game since it makes him come off as if he's not willing to admit it has no faults and that its perfect the way it is, but as with any game that is most certainly never the case.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well. This is interesting. Devil's Third is only out in Japan and already it has a 9/10 consumer score on IGN. http://www.ign.com/games/devils-third/wii-u-20019887 

Also, Japanese players are having fun with the game so far, it seems. http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/13/japanese-players-are-actually-having-a-lot-of-fun-with-the-hybrid-action-of-devils-third/ 

• 1 month later...

Gonna try to revive this dead topic. Anyway, I found something interesting. According to LinkedIn, an R&D graphics programmer named Christian Helmitch that worked on the game left Valhalla Games Studios during development in 2013. It also refers to Devil's Third as a franchise before the game was even released. https://jp.linkedin.com/in/christianhelmich