Awoo.

StarFox Zero (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Ah darn it, my most anticipated game of the year... well at least now the odds of us getting a local multiplayer at least goes up. Doubt graphics will change, since it's due to system limitations rather than art direction

Ah darn it, my most anticipated game of the year... well at least now the odds of us getting a local multiplayer at least goes up. Doubt graphics will change, since it's due to system limitations rather than art direction

I don't see how its due to system limitations, though. I think its due to lack of development time. Tons of other Wii U games look amazing, and frankly, I don't see how Star Fox Zero's system really restricts how well they can make the graphics.

I don't see how its due to system limitations, though. I think its due to lack of development time. Tons of other Wii U games look amazing, and frankly, I don't see how Star Fox Zero's system really restricts how well they can make the graphics.

It's called rendering the game twice, I mean we see what it does, go look at Hyrule Warriors

Yeah, the visuals are pretty much due to technical limitations. Don't expect major changes in that regard.

And quite frankly, the visuals are perfectly fine, don't really see what needs to be improved, anything more will just make it less clean and uncluttered.

• Thumbs Up 1

(repost)

So without Zelda AND now Star Fox, I guess that leaves Mario Tennis: Power Smash to fill in the Wii U holiday season gap.

....lmao

I hope they use the delay to seriously bump up the graphics. Also holding out hope that a multiplayer DLC is in the works too, but both are wishful thinking. :/

Edited by Gabe

Also, everyone who has played the game despite the initial learning curve(which everyone has acknowledged is rather high), from fans to the sites who have gotten a handle on it has found it great, and that this is a game that is better to play rather than watch, and this isn't the only game where its true

So, is anyone actually expecting any major changes from the delay? I've read a lot of speculation on the graphics... I just didn't have the heart to tell them it won't happen with only a few extra months.

So, is anyone actually expecting any major changes from the delay? I've read a lot of speculation on the graphics... I just didn't have the heart to tell them it won't happen with only a few extra months.

I can see them touching it up slightly. Nothing significant, though.

Biggest possibility is at least a local multiplayer since they said that it and online was dependent on time after finishing the main project. Since the delay for touch ups and cutscenes is dependent on a handful of coders, most of the coders, and platinum's art team can develop the multiplayer

Great, the only Wii U game to look forward to this year is gone, time to finally get Splatoon

You should have been on that squid kid grind earlier. It's still easily one of the best games I've played this year.

This delay is disappointing and it really kills a lot of Nintendo's momentum going into the holiday season, but if a better game comes out of it I'll be happy. It wasn't looking too great, to be honest.

You should have been on that squid kid grind earlier. It's still easily one of the best games I've played this year.

This delay is disappointing and it really kills a lot of Nintendo's momentum going into the holiday season, but if a better game comes out of it I'll be happy. It wasn't looking too great, to be honest.

I think they'll make it up by releasing more DLC for existing games. Super Mario Maker eventually, but right now definitely a huge focus on Smash, Splatoon, and maybe even Mario Kart 8.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well im not in a place to be spending 60 bucks on games very often currentley so I was holding of on Splatoon because I wanted SF Wii U, buuut now that it's delyaed I now have no qualms buying the Squid Kid game :P

(repost)

So without Zelda AND now Star Fox, I guess that leaves Mario Tennis: Power Smash to fill in the Wii U holiday season gap.

....lmao

I hope they use the delay to seriously bump up the graphics. Also holding out hope that a multiplayer DLC is in the works too, but both are wishful thinking. :/

You know I see a lot of people mention the graphics needing an improvement with this game but I really don't see what there is to improve. Besides a couple of small polishes it already looks pretty good and if anything I think the art design itself might be more the problem than the graphics themselves going off of some of the other levels shown like that underground base one (besides the first stage anyway since I thought that one was pretty colorful).

The delay has me a little bummed, but I'm completely on board with getting a better product in the end. For some reason, though, it wasn't really anything unexpected to me. I always thought it to be a pleasant surprise that a game of this size officially revealed only a few months ago was still releasing in 2015, so I guess I always saw this is a possibility. Nevertheless, I already had no qualms with the graphics, so I'm excited to see if the final product will look even better to me.

Also, on a side note, the other topic about the delay reminds me: we should probably change this topic's title to "Star Fox Zero" now that we have an official name. :P

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently alongside Star Fox Zero being delayed for Myamoto's team to polish the level design and cutscenes, Platinum are now being tasked to be giving it more of a "Platinum feel" in the meantime?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-nail-platinum-feel-dev-di/1100-6431047/

Dunno about the article itself; it didn't really give a source for all of this. However if this is true, I can't tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It'll probably be good for more people as it'll be more appealing to the masses than SFZ was, but at the same time I don't think the game'll be as good a Star Fox game for it? As it is it feels near identicle to 64's gameplay, which was a good thing... I think, at least?

Idk. Anyways, if it means more over-the-top Platinum goodness, count me in!

Everyone was clamoring on how much it looked too similar to Star Fox 64, I'm not kidding. The Star Fox fanbase is honestly one of the most fickle bunch I've ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 2

Everyone was clamoring on how much it looked too similar to Star Fox 64, I'm not kidding. The Star Fox fanbase is honestly one of the most fickle bunch I've ever seen.

Honestly my complaint is that the game looks so slow and boring with barely anything to shoot compared to the first Star Fox 64, even on Normal Mode the original had a lot going on in its first level. It's like people were complaining that the original was too hard and Nintendo actually listened.

Most of the complaints I hear are that graphically, the game looks really underwhelming. I agree it looks kinda crap too (especially compared to Assault on the GC) but I'm ok with that aesthetic provided that we get relatively high action gameplay with tons of enemies/activity on screen like the original and other Platinum Games' stuff....... I don't see any of that so I hope the delay fixes it.

Edited by Goldenlink64

This wouldn't have happened if we had just gotten the assault sequel we all deserved dang it D:<

Maybe we could get multiplayer after all in this time? Interesting that Platinum is updating the gameplay as well.

Yeah, multiplayer is what I'm hoping/thinking the delay may be about, the local multi has always been a fun time extending tradition in every game since 2

Overall the game looks like a fun interesting experience to me, though I know we've barely seen anything since the outdated E3 demo