Awoo.

StarFox Zero (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

So apparently alongside Star Fox Zero being delayed for Myamoto's team to polish the level design and cutscenes, Platinum are now being tasked to be giving it more of a "Platinum feel" in the meantime?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-fox-zero-delayed-to-nail-platinum-feel-dev-di/1100-6431047/

Dunno about the article itself; it didn't really give a source for all of this. However if this is true, I can't tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing. It'll probably be good for more people as it'll be more appealing to the masses than SFZ was, but at the same time I don't think the game'll be as good a Star Fox game for it? As it is it feels near identicle to 64's gameplay, which was a good thing... I think, at least?

Idk. Anyways, if it means more over-the-top Platinum goodness, count me in!

Good news as far as I'm concerned. This game looked so stale and dated before. Had no reason to look like a Starfox 64 remake aside from them just not really caring that much. 

Everyone was clamoring on how much it looked too similar to Star Fox 64, I'm not kidding. The Star Fox fanbase is honestly one of the most fickle bunch I've ever seen.

Lmao like this isn't a legitimate complaint or something. It's not out there to think Star Fox could do way better than what they've shown us. When people asked for a return to form, they wanted progress along with it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was excited for the game by default but I was still disappointed that nearly all of what they showed off was just reimagined SF64 stuff

The delay doesn't bother me. I still have Yoshi's Woolly World and Xenoblade X to look forward to

Well if they want to give the game a more platinum touch I'm down for it. It's not amazing but the star fox easter egg in bayonetta 2 cool and I hope they'll be able to expand on that

• 1 month later...

New trailer from the Direct. Game is looking better and better.

Also, did anyone else notice that there were bombs in the gameplay they showed? I could've sworn it was said during E3 that there wouldn't be bombs this time and that you had to aim. Guess they decided to add them back in.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh yeah, Star Fox looks way better than it did a few months ago. Really liking how its improved in the appearance.

I havent kept on on SF impressions at all but I didnt know so many didnt like what they first saw, I thought it looked pretty good, but hey if a delay is turning everyone around after today's direct then that's cool to.

• Thumbs Up 2

When I first saw it at E3 I kinda was disappointed. Wow, they really stepped up since then. You can totally see the influence and polish from Platinum Games shine in that one trailer

Liking the new graphical updates.  The character models look a tad better here than they did before, bur that may just be me.  They no don't seem to have that uncanny look that I didn't like about them before. Or maybe I'm just getting used to them, I don't know!

A tad sad that the game is being delayed but I can only hope that this means that the game will be improved greatly by its release date.

The game's still looking pretty dandy!  I can't believe I've been waiting almost twenty years now for another game like this.  Here's hoping the finished product turns out as good as it looks here.

Aha! I'm so happy to see there's a thread celebrating the newest installment in the Star Fox series. I, for one, am very excited for this game. I've been a fan of the series since I was a kid, and I almost given up all hope after Command of seeing a new Star Fox game.

First off, I'd just like to say that this game looks beautiful. It matches 64 (arguably the best game in the series), they brought back Peppy as a pilot (didn't he retire?), and Mike West will be voicing Fox (he's my personal favorite!)

However, I like to be nitpicky when it comes to the story. I think a Nintendo rep at E3 stated that it was a "reimagining" of the series, rather than a reboot. But come on now, they just don't want to admit that they kind of messed up the story with Command, right? To me, it looks like a full on reboot.

But to be honest, I couldn't care in the slightest. I'm just so happy to have a new Star Fox game! c:

Aha! I'm so happy to see there's a thread celebrating the newest installment in the Star Fox series. I, for one, am very excited for this game. I've been a fan of the series since I was a kid, and I almost given up all hope after Command of seeing a new Star Fox game.

First off, I'd just like to say that this game looks beautiful. It matches 64 (arguably the best game in the series), they brought back Peppy as a pilot (didn't he retire?), and Mike West will be voicing Fox (he's my personal favorite!)

However, I like to be nitpicky when it comes to the story. I think a Nintendo rep at E3 stated that it was a "reimagining" of the series, rather than a reboot. But come on now, they just don't want to admit that they kind of messed up the story with Command, right? To me, it looks like a full on reboot.

But to be honest, I couldn't care in the slightest. I'm just so happy to have a new Star Fox game! c:

Peppy retired as a permanent pilot story-wise in Adventures, but he still plays an important role in Adventures, Assault, and Command, and in Command he replaces General Pepper and becomes General Peppy. Regardless, the only game where he's never a pilot is in Adventures, and even then neither is Slippy in that game.

Peppy mans the Great Fox in Adventures and Assault. He's unlockable as a pilot in Assault's multiplayer (don't know if he ever pilots an Arwing in Assault's story). In Command at one point he does briefly resume being a pilot, despite the fact he's now General Peppy.

Peppy mans the Great Fox in Adventures and Assault. He's unlockable as a pilot in Assault's multiplayer (don't know if he ever pilots an Arwing in Assault's story)

He does, albiet briefely. General Pepper and his flagship are infected by Aparoids near the end of the Corneria mission, and Peppy flies in to help cushion Pepper's crash landing after Fox shoots him down.

Well, I can't figure out how to embed the video. But if you have a Facebook account, here's a link to some new gameplay footage.

And here's more game footage. This is of Training Mode!

Edited by PeridotSleighs
Added more content

• 3 months later...

I love how they didn't even try to hide the fact that Andross is the final boss this time around too, lol.

55 minutes ago, 2B said:

Probably the most interesting things to come from this is that A, All Range lock-on mode is able to be switched off, as shown when he's switching between viewing modes right next to a boss, and B, just because the game will not be visiting any new planets, does not mean they will be using the same environments. That new level, Fortuna, was in Star Fox 64, but in this snowy stage:

Also good to know that boost and brake have a lot larger of a window to be used this time around. Trying to use them in 64 with the limit they had was stressful as is when they were needed; I could only imagine how bad it'd be when trying to fire on an enemy stationary on the ground.

New trailer:

Had a feeling those were false rumors. Also in Star Fox 64 Fichina was mislabeled Fortuna, which was in the original StarFox

Also we have another awesome refugee from Star Fox 2:

Personally this game is looking sick to me and I can't wait to play it, and Project Guard is a great bonus too
correction, Star Fox 1

New one has an awesome updated version of the theme

Say anybody else getting the vibe that we may finally get a Star Fox SNES VC(or heck hidden unlockable) release alongside zero? I mean there's a ton of homages, and it'd be an awesome move... or even the second one

Also, SNES arwing footage

wonder if it'll change the music in every level that had a SNES counterpart, because that'd be awesome!

Makes me wonder what the Falco amiibo will unlock, since they said only Fox unlocks the SNES arwing, perhaps the Assualt arwing maybe? or perhaps the interceptor arwing from Star Fox 2.

Also with alternate main vehicles as unlockables being a thing, wonder if there will be any unlockable ones in game like the Wolfen! special attacks but no transformations would be interesting as a sorta hard mode

Looks gorgeous, though I couldn't care less about the Guard game. Probably just gonna sell it when I get the game, recoup a lil' bit of my moneys.

This is the Star Fox game I've been waiting almost 20 years for. And no more delays! Less than 2 months to go!

• Thumbs Up 1

So SNES Fortuna, its boss, AND the SNES Arwing? HECK yes. As outaded as it is, the first SF game is a lot more special to me than SF64 is... so I'm REALLY glad they're bringing all these elements back into the series!

I'll have to check out the gameplay footage later. I'm definitely hoping the controls are better received now than they were before. I'd hate for the game to look this good but play mediocre.

18 minutes ago, Pompadour said:

So SNES Fortuna, its boss, AND the SNES Arwing? HECK yes. As outaded as it is, the first SF game is a lot more special to me than SF64 is... so I'm REALLY glad they're bringing all these elements back into the series!

I'll have to check out the gameplay footage later. I'm definitely hoping the controls are better received now than they were before. I'd hate for the game to look this good but play mediocre.

I've read the interviews with new hands-on time(they are around), and they are, there's increased sensitivity(likely scale-able like in Splatoon), and in-game recalibration at any time(y button again like Splatoon). Still has a learning curve, but it's better with control refinement. And don't forget SNES music remix! Now there's something fromt the original no other game has really pulled off as well.

Like I said, really hoping for the original to release in some form alongside this, whether as a unlockable in-game or VC release due to some shenanigans.

Again anybody else hoping for in game unlockable vehicles, like the Wolfen, or heck for the fun of it a Cornerian Fighter?!