Awoo.

StarFox Zero (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

Seriously? What the hell? They have various online games and stuff like this still happens?

That's a shame, but they can always add online/multiplayer later with the magic of DLC!

Glad we finally got to see the game and I'm loving it, welcome back Fox :)

... Eh, don't really care about online multiplayer. I really don't bother with online multiplayer modes for games that aren't built around online multiplayer anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh FFS Nintendo not again! You did the same thing with Starfox 64 3D and it didn't make sense then either. GET WITH THE TIMES.

Well, there's no multiplayer whatsoever, really, because the devs wanna focus entirely on the single player.

But then again, let's be honest, it would've been superfluous at best - if they ain't gonna put in as much to do in multiplayer as Assault, it ain't worth doing. Not every game these days needs a multiplayer mode.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh wait, no multiplayer at all? Eh, I can handle that. Starfox's multiplayer isn't really that special anyway. 8P

No VS multiplayer is really disappointing. 64 and Assault were a blo.

Edit: Errr.. Blast, not blo. Not sure how that happened.

• Thumbs Up 2

Courtesy of Gamexplain we got some new videos:

Practice mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9QlAYq3EGc

Area 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keNGnhBTA-Q

Corneria:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y61bwjVyhM

Can I say from that training mode the character models just look awesome, it feels like they've gone back to their roots and integrated the more puppet like design. Can't wait to play it

Well, there's no multiplayer whatsoever, really, because the devs wanna focus entirely on the single player.

But then again, let's be honest, it would've been superfluous at best - if they ain't gonna put in as much to do in multiplayer as Assault, it ain't worth doing. Not every game these days needs a multiplayer mode.

• Thumbs Up 3

Interview:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236055-starfox-zero-platinum-partnership-multiplayer-online-considere

Not gonna dump the whole thing, but this is interesting:

On Multiplayer

"Multiplayer has always been something that we've focused on in the previous Star Fox games. Obviously in Star Fox Assault, it was a big part of it. During the course of that, we started to feel that the single player wasn't getting enough attention or was being lost in the shuffle. This time, we're really focused on the single player experience and figureing out how we can use the two screens to create a really rich single player experience for Star Fox. Once we get people used to the system, it's possible in the future as in Splatoon, set up some network feature and allow people to have one-on-one combat in that way. It's something we'll see maybe in the future."

So basically the only multiplayer in this game (at least at launch) is local co-op, right? Would be cool to see VS. multiplayer in an update or something. As it is though, I dunno if I'd be interested in co-op personally, could end up changing my mind if I try it out.

But yeah the game looks pretty sweet. I've never paid much attention to Star Fox, but of course I'm happy to see this one's looking good. Might pick it up when I can.

The local co-op isn't all that, either. IIRC, one player controls the Arwing while the other shoots. The focus is entirely on single-player right now.

I'm okay with that, honestly. Especially since they're considering adding it in later on anyways.

More gameplay with direct audio, it also show's there's more than one way to slay a boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCegtLVi00

More gameplay with direct audio, it also show's there's more than one way to slay a boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFCegtLVi00

Swwweeeeetttt, you can Star Fox 1/2 it, core assaults can be sweet, I hope we get some huge capital/carrier ships to do it in 

Kamiya isn't working on Star Fox Zero: http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/236142-miyamoto-on-starfox-zero-s-look-working-with-platinum-project-g

Doesn't really affect anything imo since I don't think Star Fox requires his particular vision. Something to keep in mind however since he's inevitably going to be having Star Fox idiots hounding him about the game's development on Twitter.

You know, I love how a lot of people wanted them to do away with ground combat in this franchise, and yet they're still keeping them around with a twist of you still being in your ship that transforms into a walker.

"Fox is a pilot, so break his legs and keep him in his Arwing!"

"Okay, we'll just make the Arwing transform into a walker then. trolololololo" :lol:

Looks like Sega's not the only one who twists peoples' words. (if only they were as competent tho)

Honestly, the real problem with ground combat was how movement worked in Assault (Adventures is a different problem, much as I didn't mind how different it was), because in an age with dual analog sticks being the norm I can't see them making that mistake again if they ever decided to go back to it. And really, I don't think on-foot missions would be a bad idea - better yet, it could open new dimensions to combat and make Star Fox more amazing if they get it right.

But I'm not too bothered. I'm just glad we're finally getting a new Starfox game. And I like that a lot of old concepts from one of its cancelled games is finally seeing the light this time.

Also, this game seems more like a reboot, so we're might not see Krystal in this one (but given how little we know of it, who can tell?).  It would definitely a bummer for those who want her in. I know I definitely want her in, but I won't be too upset without her. If this does well, we might get her back at another point.

I'm cautiosly curious about this game. Not because I think it'll be bad, but I'm not huge on traditional Star Fox. Adventures was my first Star Fox game and I prefer on-the-ground type of things... though the walker's meeting me halfway. I do like the characters though, at least thanks in part to Smash Bros. and all that series has done for the franchise as a result. I'll have to see how it turns out, though I'm sure it'll be a solid game, especially since Platinum's helping out.

One thing I'm curious about, and I realize I'm the only person who cares about this, but has Fox been recast again? He's definitely not using his 64/Smash 4 voice--maybe that's his Brawl voice? It'd be great if they went back to those voices just because I think they had more character, depth, and charm than the 64 voices, which just sounded too over-the-top (on purpose) for me to get invested in the characters.

Pretty sure it's his 64 voice. Though I can't check at this moment. It seems they're here to stay now that they've returned for 64 3D and Smash Bros and seemingly this.

They should've gotten Mark Hamill for Fox. I'm only kind of joking.

I have to say that I'm rather disappointed in the Arwing and Great Fox designs here.

Not a deal breaker, but after Assault gave us the sleeker, extremely high tech looking designs, it's like they've been difficult for them to top. I suppose the design here is to allow better animation for the walker-mode tho, because I can see how that would be difficult with Assault's design.

That Great Fox tho, they should have stuck with Assault's design if you ask me.