Awoo.

StarFox Zero (Wii-U)

Nintendoga

I think it's the same guy. Fox sounds really similar to how he does in 64 3D. The voice direction is just way different.

Concerned that they're still not treating it as a 3D Shmup. Trying to put more into it never seemed to pan out that well, it's a case where less is more.

The lack of multiplayer isn't a big deal, competitive air combat is hard enough to make fun without high off boresight weapons.

I have to say that I'm rather disappointed in the Arwing and Great Fox designs here.

Not a deal breaker, but after Assault gave us the sleeker, extremely high tech looking designs, it's like they've been difficult for them to top. I suppose the design here is to allow better animation for the walker-mode tho, because I can see how that would be difficult with Assault's design.

That Great Fox tho, they should have stuck with Assault's design if you ask me.

Honestly, I hate Assault's designs.

Now, Adventures? Those would be nice:

fd7cep.jpg

2s7ch6w.jpg

I wouldn't want the Great Fox to be quite that beat up, but it should be somewhat so. I like the idea of Star Fox being a down on their luck mercenary group.

Also, Falco still looks really cool in Adventures.

Side-note: Looking at Fox in Zero, it seems the characters will have their robotic legs back.

Honestly, I hate Assault's designs.

And the reason for that is why?

And honestly, I'd rather they not go back to the ship designs of the Adventures myself, and glad they didn't do so here. Not a fan of how blocky they are over the more angular designs of the other games.

And the reason for that is why?

And honestly, I'd rather they not go back to the ship designs of the Adventures myself, and glad they didn't do so here. Not a fan of how blocky they are.

Too sleek and high-tech.

I prefer the clunky, blocky looks from Adventures. Just more my type of sci-fi look. It's Star Wars-ish.

The whole point of the Arwing was it's advantage over practically every other space craft in the Lylat System hence why the Star Fox team are so depended on in every situation, even more so now with the ability to turn t ground combat at will. Something with upgradeable high fire power, the ability to launch bomb weapons, a ship that can deflect enemy fire with well timed rolls, a hyper drive, high speed to dead zero braking coupled with high manoeuvrability makes the Arwing a force to be reckoned with, and knowing  the ship's technical feats, the Assault designs fit the ship's designs much better than the one's they decided to use.

I know they're going back to 64 in a sense, but to me Zero's Arwings look so plain and unappealing for such an iconic ship, also the Wolfen's design in Assault was awesome too but at least the Wolfen in Zero is great looking compared to the Arwing imo.

Still looks awesome, just very plain looking.

Wcm0kIE.jpg

Landmaster <3

Here's something that will make some people happy

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236176-starfox-zero-allows-you-to-turn-off-gyro-controls

StarFox Zero allows you to turn off gyro controls

17 June, 2015 by rawmeatcowboy |  Comments: 0 

Gyro in Star Fox Zero can be turned off, if you want to for some reason. https://t.co/M21w1cfYbR

— StreetsAhead (@Sab_Mas) June 17, 2015

Sorry, for the double post, but we got a Treehouse exclusive level, which is Sector Alpha which starts with essentially Sector Z, but ends with the STAR FOX 2 CARRIER! this is feeling in part like Star Fox 2 remastered, I mean in-ship sections with core battles were a key part of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mB2eCDYQufo

At this point we know we got classic team fox(including ROB64), Star Wolf, and Kat. Bill is hopefully a shoe-in, but makes you wonder if they might throw in Panther's past, Krystal, or even the forgotten Star Fox 2 characters (Miyu and Fay), considering how many homages and new stuff, should be interesting to see the full games

Sorry, for the double post, but we got a Treehouse exclusive level, which is Sector Alpha which starts with essentially Sector Z, but ends with the STAR FOX 2 CARRIER! this is feeling in part like Star Fox 2 remastered, I mean in-ship sections with core battles were a key part of that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mB2eCDYQufo

At this point we know we got classic team fox(including ROB64), Star Wolf, and Kat. Bill is hopefully a shoe-in, but makes you wonder if they might throw in Panther's past, Krystal, or even the forgotten Star Fox 2 characters (Miyu and Fay), considering how many homages and new stuff, should be interesting to see the full games

I'm doubting Krystal at this point. Bill I'm pretty sure was confirmed to have been seen before.

I'm doubting Krystal at this point. Bill I'm pretty sure was confirmed to have been seen before.

I saw general Conerian Soldiers, but not Bill's iconic green helmet, but I hope they expand a bit... and give us bonus fighters that would be siiiccckkk even without(but especially with) a Multiplayer mode 

Double post, but Engadget posted impressions, and something else obvious but confirmed

http://www.engadget.com/2015/06/17/star-fox-zero-impressions-e3/

'Star Fox Zero' will drive you crazy, but in a good way

blogger-avatar by Joseph Volpe | @jrvolpe |  56 minutes ago  

Last E3, Shigeru Miyamoto, the famed Mario and Zelda creator, made it known that Nintendo was well underway with a new Star Fox game for the Wii U. So when the company kicked off its bizarro Muppets-themed E3 Nintendo Direct earlier this week with the reveal of Star Fox Zero, it wasn't much of a surprise. The reimagined game, which adheres closely to the initial Wii U mantra that two screens are better than one, is quite simply overwhelming. To say this installment in the Star Fox series requires a steep learning curve would be to grossly understate the complexity of the control scheme. There's just so much to absorb; so many different controls thrown at you at once.

For anyone that's ever played any game in the franchise's history, Star Fox Zero feels immediately familiar. The Arwing's back and along with it is the anthropomorphic crew of galactic space animals led by Fox McCloud. Corneria, that war-torn planet from the original game, sets the stage for one of two missions Nintendo made available for play on the show floor. The other is an all-range boss battle dogfight that takes place in outer space. But before the rep on hand let me jump into battle, I was entered into a training simulation set within the cockpit of the Arwing.

Before I dive into a rundown of the gameplay, it's important I start with the ideal "posture" Nintendo recommends for play. On the advice of a nearby rep, I loosely locked my elbows to my sides -- just above my hips -- and held the GamePad a short distance in front of me. I'll admit I was initially confused as to what I was supposed to be doing and where I was supposed to be looking. The GamePad is pretty much your "turret" and moving it doesn't translate into moving the Arwing onscreen; you control that with the left thumbstick. Acceleration and braking are handled by pressing up or down on the right thumbstick, respectively. Meanwhile, the ZR trigger fires off a stream of laser blasts and ZL can be used for a loose lock-on that merely shows you where your target is located.

E3 2015: Star Fox Zero Early Impressions

As if that weren't enough to juggle, simultaneously pressing down on the left thumbstick and up on the right one initiates a somersault that'll place your Arwing behind an approaching enemy. Additionally, pressing down simultaneously on both thumbsticks will cause your ship to make a U-turn. Both of those actions are also mapped to the GamePad's lettered buttons; in this case "X" and "Y." But wait, there's more: As you can imagine, your reticle will need (constant) recalibration, so a quick press-in of the left thumbstick will do the trick. As a result of this control scheme brain dump, I pretty much flubbed the training. It was just too much to take in while juggling between screens, tracking enemies and recalibrating my reticle. So the obvious next step for was to jump right into Corneria.

Here is where things started to slowly click into place. As this Corneria battle is set in a land-based, sandboxed area, I had more time to practice using the various control techniques and pick off enemies. With each kill, Star Fox Zero became less daunting and more enjoyable. Soon, I was out-maneuvering rogue ships and picking off enemies from a distance. But then the nearby rep threw another curveball my way: By pressing "A," you can transform into a bird-like land vehicle with the ability to hover. I didn't spend much time in this form, but it came in handy when taking out targets placed atop spider-like robots.

It wasn't until the all-range space dogfight that I realized I was having a lot of fun. Sure, I'd been (politely) cursing non-stop while getting to grips with the controls before, but now I was littering the room with expletives from the intensity of the deep space combat. Free of any landlocked targets, Star Fox Zero makes the most sense. I was at liberty to accelerate and brake at will; to initiate constant U-turns, somersaults and lock-ons. And, most importantly, I felt comfortable shifting between the TV screen and GamePad to chase and successfully take out the Piggy boss.

Whether my sudden comfort with Star Fox Zero's controls was a result of my extended playtime (about 10 minutes), I can't say for sure. Though, the on-hand rep seemed to think that was the case. What I can tell you with certainty is that Star Fox Zero will make you mad, and then it will make you wonder why it took so long for Nintendo to get this classic-in-the-making out on the Wii U.

[images credit: Nintendo]

Their video ended with them pointing out the original Star Fox SNES's difficulty(which there definitely was)

And, as if it needed saying

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236301-star-wolf-confirmed-for-starfox-zero#comments 

橋本祐介  ‎@PG_y_hashimoto 

Star Wolf WILL return in StarFox Zero!

6:17 PM - 17 Jun 2015

122 122 Retweets

83 83 favorites

Now to get him back in smash

I'm really glad this game is being made, Starfox 64 has gotten way too easy and boring for me over the years due to me constantly playing it. Seeing this game in action is making me want to revisit 64 pretty soon, here.

I'm actually not surprised (Excited, yes) about Platnum helping out with Star Fox Zero... Haven't they often expressed interest in making a Starfox game, or am I just thinking about the fan demand?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm actually not surprised (Excited, yes) about Platnum helping out with Star Fox Zero... Haven't they often expressed interest in making a Starfox game, or am I just thinking about the fan demand?

Kamiya did, but after fans constantly harrased him about it over Twitter he eventually decided he wanted nothing to do with it anymore. He's still not involved by the sounds of things, but apparently that didn't stop the rest of Platnium, ahahaha

Also I'd just like to say while I'm here, that while I really would've preferred on-foot gameplay to return I'm content that we have mechs as an appropriate compromise for both sides.

From what we've seen it appears that Platinum are providing the art assets, which should be interesting, while EAD are developing the gameplay. What's also interesting that the game is looking great even with only being in active game development for a year, and the engine only a few months before that 

Gyro in Star Fox Zero can be turned off, if you want to for some reason.

If you want to for some reason? So, you mean actually having a fun control scheme?

Gyro wasn't fun on Wii. It wasn't fun on 3DS. It's not fun now. Stop.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to for some reason? So, you mean actually having a fun control scheme?

From what I hear a huge chunk of Splatoon players swear by it, once they get used to it

• Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I think Gyro is pretty damn good. I've been using it a lot in Majora's Mask 3D. Gyro is extremely good for limited ranges, but eventually it gets too complicated to deal with and you have to resort to using normal controls.

I played a bit using Gyro in Splatoon and it was the same way. Its great for limited reach, but turn too much and its difficult to play and you have to manually turn the camera again.

Games like Wind Waker HD and OoT 3D do make good use of Gyro controls. Certainly comes in handy when you're aiming at things in first person with the bow and arrow etc. With this and Splatoon however, I think I would prefer playing it without Gyro so I'm glad they made it optional here.

Honestly, I think Gyro is pretty damn good. I've been using it a lot in Majora's Mask 3D. Gyro is extremely good for limited ranges, but eventually it gets too complicated to deal with and you have to resort to using normal controls.

This is exactly why both gyro and normal controls are best used to compliment each other. The sticks are best suited for wide, fast movements, while tilt controls fine-tune your aim once you're in the general vicinity you want to point in. I don't think anyone here is advocating using motion controls exclusively - that would be entirely missing the point.

• Thumbs Up 4

It actually makes Splatoon better for what it's worth (probably because you still turn with the stick, but use the gyro for precise aiming or angling your shots), but I'm not so sure about how this would go with StarFox. Probably would be way better to twin stick it, unless the sensitivity is all wonky.

Edit: I will say this, I can't stand the gyro controls for most games, but I can't have them off for Splatoon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Can someone tell me if this is a reboot or not? I'm so confused, I've had people claiming it is while others claiming it isn't.

*sigh* Well on the bright side if it is a reboot I guess that means Star Fox Command is no longer part of the main canon.

Can someone tell me if this is a reboot or not? I'm so confused, I've had people claiming it is while others claiming it isn't.

*sigh* Well on the bright side if it is a reboot I guess that means Star Fox Command is no longer part of the main canon.

I've seen others on the Internet sum it up pretty nicely: This game is to Star Fox 64 what Star Fox 64 was to the original Star Fox. It's essentially a retelling of the events with a bunch of both new and familiar elements.

I do wonder what this means for the previous canon, though. At the very least, it would be neat to see characters like Krystal and Panther make a return, albeit with altered origins. And if this game is borrowing ideas from Star Fox 2, Fay and Miyu would also be awesome to see.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't expect anyone not from 64, besides maybe some new characters.

As if that weren't enough to juggle, simultaneously pressing down on the left thumbstick and up on the right one initiates a somersault that'll place your Arwing behind an approaching enemy. Additionally, pressing down simultaneously on both thumbsticks will cause your ship to make a U-turn. Both of those actions are also mapped to the GamePad's lettered buttons; in this case "X" and "Y."