Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

I wouldn't say the Kraken nerf was unnecessary. I remember going through hell in B+ because every single room had 2 to 4 Krak-On Roller players who didn't even need to contest a zone to have control of it: they simply could paint whatever area they desired and then come in for a free, unpunishable push with the Kraken, forcing whoever had the zone to lose control of it automatically. It wasn't a few cases here and there, it was kinda everywhere. Even I saw myself picking the Custom Jet Squelcher not just for the sake of trying to keep those rollers away with range, but to have access to the Kraken myself. And while the synergy between the Jet Squelcher and the Kraken isn't the greatest, I could still dive in, splat 1-2 enemies and surf back to a safe spot. Or just plain activate it when under fire and retaliate with high success. It was a bit too good to be honest.

This reminded me of a match against 4 Krak-On Rollers on Blackberry Skatepark I had once. I was getting the hang of the Splatterscope that day and I was like "Heh, with all this variety of ranged weapons they're as good as dead!"... only to get KO'd one minute and an half later. It's literally hell, either you're ambushed with a 1HKO fling as you're trying to step into their territory to reclaim the zones, or you do catch an opportunity to kill them but they simply turn things around with the Kraken and either push you back or kill you. A nightmare...

Today I still saw some Krak-on Roller users going around in A-, although with the knockback thing and my recent take on trying out weapons with the Splash Wall sub they don't seem as overwhelming anymore. If anything I shifted my attention towards the Dynamo Roller players lately, they can be scary when left unchecked.

Well, Krakens aside I think from what I've seen the heaviest nerf in this patch was the one done to Stealth Jump. From around a 4 second wind-up to landing time without abilities, to almost 5 seconds total with Stealth Jump on. Even 2 main skills of Quick Jump aren't enough to fully cut down the penalty.

• Thumbs Up 1

I find Tower Control a lot more simple and easy, compare to Splat Zone somehow. overall am enjoyed so far!

So apparently this game is a pretty big success so far. Interesting. It does look pretty good. I'll have to try it out.

Tower Control can be quite chaotic sometimes. So many paint explosions! Dare I say it might even be more chaotic than Splat Zones.

• Thumbs Up 1

It has a good start for a fresh IP. you should its worth of your money. but a lot of content is coming out this august too.

I can see Blasters Custom l or DR been a treat in Tower Control too. also the suction bombs rush loadouts can be scary too.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

i know you can put their gear on, but part me wishes that Octolings were a playable character, especially after you beat the story mode at least. I love their designs and it will give the game a bit more variety aside from team color changes and gear

I've been watching more and more videos of this game. It looks incredibly fun honestly.

I've been watching more and more videos of this game. It looks incredibly fun honestly.

I had my doubts and blindly bought it after watching a few videos.....it is worth it imo. It's lacking in content a bit and the single player alone doesn't warrant a full retail price but it is fun. If Ninty keeps up with their promises to keep adding more content (and if it's free) then i'll say it's worth the $60, but if they dont add much and dont make it free i'll say wait for a price drop or a way to eventually get it cheaper (since Ninty tends to NOT drop the prices of their games)

Also take frequent breaks from the game so that you don't get burned out of it. I sometimes like to shelf the game for a few days when I show the slightest hint of getting bored of it, then come back later in the week and get temporarily addicted again

so........i've been playing in the Splatfest so far and I only faced one person on team Cat....legitimately only 1 person, they pitted 1 person against 4. I just got in a match now and they pitted 3 cats against 4 dogs.......is the cat team lacking or something/ Given, I've been having fun with the splatfest so far, I just wish the matchmaking was a bit more even

It was just network and server related issues. Part of the reason why they delayed Splatfest is because of these problems in the Japanese Splatfest but clearly the delay didn't do much. I had 2v4 battles and a 1v3 battle while I was playing yesterday on Team Cat as well. It could be because Team Cat was lacking in players but it's supposed to grab four players from each side before starting so that shouldn't matter.

Anyway, Team Dog won the July 4th Splatfest. The popularity (I.E. player base) breakdown was 32% cats and 68% dogs, but Team Cat actually won the most battles throughout the day with 51% versus 49%. Battles won is worth double the points but ultimately the dogs' popularity gave it the edge. The final score was 140-160.

Good job, Team Cat. You bested the dogs in the place that really matters. ;3

• Thumbs Up 5

And meanwhile, the European Splatfest seems to be doing a lot better server wise. Dominating is Rock, I would think, considering a lot of matches I played were Rock vs Rock.

People seem to like my Miiverse post, haha. It's true tho'. I've already given him 8 of the 18 Super Sea Snails that I got from getting to max rank on Team Cat during the event. Team Dog players with max rank get 24.

Team Dog prevails! XD

Well Splatfest was extremely fun. I did encounter a few camping cat members that thought if they guarded an area they would win but that only led to their loss.

On the Europe side of things team Rock won against team Pop.

5aCBER8.jpg

Was pretty fun to play Turf War in a team vs team at night with fancy music setting, haven't touched Turf War in a while before this so it felt pretty refreshing going back and aid the Rock side as best as I could.

Hoping the next few Splatfests change things up a tad more. Or at least an option to join friends who are in the same side as the one I chose. That was the only thing I found a bit jarring during the event, had loads of trouble matching up with my friends to play some rounds.

• Thumbs Up 6

Eh, I ain't mad, I got more than a dozen snail-shells out of the whole thing by reaching max rank. And my last match right before Splatfest ended was a 3v4, I was on the disadvantaged team, and we still basically slaughtered the other team.

Man do not go on the miiverse right now. Who knew so much love for Splatfest would turn into so much hatred. There are even some people telling a players that if they boycott Nintendo that Nintendo would change it where Team Cat is the winner. Man and I thought the E3 reaction was bad.

wish I coulda competed more in the splatfest but I was called into a 24 hour shift at work (da military yaaaaaaay) I'm happy to see that Dogs win though...now imma go brag in my wife's face since she was on cats.

Man do not go on the miiverse right now. Who knew so much love for Splatfest would turn into so much hatred. There are even some people telling a players that if they boycott Nintendo that Nintendo would change it where Team Cat is the winner. Man and I thought the E3 reaction was bad.

Wait. Seriously?

Seems people really want to be hating on Nintendo these days.

I don't think determining final results based on win ratio alone would have made much sense. Team Dog having way more players than Team Cat means that there would naturally be a LOT more novice/young players on that side which alone would put them at a disadvantage

I was on Team Cat, and I had a pretty good feeling that dogs would have won before I even chose my side due to overwhelming popularity of canines versus felines in the west, the latter which are pretty widely hated by a lot of dog owners or are seen as bad luck or mean creatures